Jetpack Harness?

spyder918

Jr Hunter
Curious for those who use the metal scuba harness. Doesn't seem like it's too comfortable if you're sitting down without the pack on of course. Also, how secure is it using the metal brackets? Can you move fairly easily without the JP flayling around?

If secured properly that jetpack isn’t going anywhere! It’s not the most comfortable thing to wear but it you have it adjusted right it’s not that bad at all!

Mine is pretty comfortable for what it is. The jetpack stays on there very well, so much so that it requires someone to take it off for me.

No, I have to have help with that too. I was just conveying the fact that it’s not just going to fall off.
Ha! And I was totally kidding about that. Having dressed up a handful of times as Boba I'm aware that the JP is a two person task to get it on and to have it removed.
1643644762171.png

-Iron

spyder918
While I can't speak to the metal harnesses kits like the one that would come from a vendor like Bigdane , I can however talk to the one that comes from MoW Studios.
Full Metal Fett Hook Added to MoW Vest.jpg

My review on that one is that I chose it simply for its low profile, but can say that after a bit it does work its way up to your throat and becomes a little bit uncomfortable. In addition, you'll need to add the white straps AND the Rings, So added cost on top of that. I obtained those pieces from full metal fett . I'm now looking to get my hands on a Big Dane Jetpack Harness for its movie accuracy and comfort. It is my understanding that those kinds of harnesses don't choke you - hehe!

Here is what the Big Dane Kit looks like....
Big Dane Kit.jpeg

Doesn't seem like it's too comfortable if you're sitting down without the pack on of course. Also, how secure is it using the metal brackets? Can you move fairly easily without the JP flayling around?

Sitting down while in the Boba costume is not comfortable either. Mainly cause of the Cod/Kidney Armor.....for me.

How is it secured? So for the Jetpack I opt'd to go with Full Metal Fett's Hooks, Rings and Clip's that he offers in the Cargo Hold....
Hooks, Rings and Clips.jpg

I then attached the Hooks and Clips to the the Jetpack (I have a Boba Maker Jetpack) in these locations circled in RED....
Iron's Greeblies.jpg

As far as the harness goes you would attach the Hooks of the Jetpack to the Rings on the Harness circled in RED.....
Kit Assembled - Pic 1.jpeg

...and the Clips on the Jetpack slide on and over those Tabs on the back of the Harness circled in RED...
(Not pictured below is the Tab on the other side of the Harness)
Kit Assembled - Pic 2.jpeg

That is another thing I will say that I didn't quite like with the MoW Studios Harness, is that with the Jetpack on me and walking around that the Jetpack did sway from side to side on me. It wasn't bad, but the Jetpack did however rub against my back armors paint job - which wasn't appreciated.
#Grrrr

Hopefully my two cents helps a little.
Best of luck on whatever you decide to do.
:cool:(y)

Regards,
-Iron

Absolutely hands down the way its done in the film is the most comfortable way to wear a pack.

Siting down isn't a thing a Hunter can do, you need to become Daimyo for that luxury.

The only slight issue I've had with the harness system is members of the public pushing your jetpack up and talking about flying. Pushing up will remove it from the frame

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back