Is this Helmet possible for 501st approval

HawkFett

Hunter
TDH PREMIUM MEMBER
I have a 3-D printed helmet I have painted on since last December. I never intended on building a full outfit, but now that I've gotten all the armor and I'm halfway through the armor painting process I'm wondering if this helmet could meet 501st approval standards. I know my kill stripes need painted and the back panels need to be "more green", rangefinder, ect, but I'm more so talking about the shape. Would it pass approval standards? Thanks for your help and info.
20220202_211456.jpg
20220202_211504.jpg
20220202_211512.jpg
20220202_211520.jpg

Last edited:
Once the helmet is complete it should pass basic approval *but* depending on the local GML they might have an issue with the sizing and detail of the physical damage of the dent.

Once the helmet is complete it should pass basic approval *but* depending on the local GML they might have an issue with the sizing and detail of the physical damage of the dent.
Thanks for the feedback! I may end up getting a nice helmet to paint and erase all doubt. What ESB helmet would you recommend if you were to start an ESB build right now?

That helmet have lots of issues, but at least you had a canvas to practice your painting technique and colors. For official versions go wit RS Prop Masters or Machine Craft Replicas, for unofficial versions search Etsy.

There are multiple helmets available for ESB.

1) Wasted Fett / Viva Fett Fuglies or MF cleaned hero. Both of these are cleaned up Hero helmets
2) Hero Helmet and clean / fix it yourself from RS Props or Machinecraft Replicas.

That helmet have lots of issues, but at least you had a canvas to practice your painting technique and colors. For official versions go wit RS Prop Masters or Machine Craft Replicas, for unofficial versions search Etsy.
Thanks Raf! I used your paint templates to get this done. Couldn't have done it without you. When I started this project I didn't really know the difference. I was broke, and wanted a Fett Helmet, so went the 3D route. Studied your stencils/templates for countless hours. Eyeballed them best I could, and went after it. Now that I'm this far along and have absorbed more knowledge I'm thinking my helmet cast isn't up to what I feel it should be. You're right about the practice for sure. I bet I re-did those rear panels probably 7 times ha. It appears I have some work cut out for me. and possibly some more curse words to utter along the way with a new helmet lol.

Last edited:
That flare/warp down the middle of the t-visor would be a blocker for me, but I’m no GML and I’m working through my own submission.

But the geometry of the face of the character seems critical to me.

Nice job on the paint!

That flare/warp down the middle of the t-visor would be a blocker for me, but I’m no GML and I’m working through my own submission.

But the geometry of the face of the character seems critical to me.

Nice job on the paint!
Thanks for the feedback! I think I'm planning to get a new helmet and start over. Painful, but I want the helmet to look right.

There are multiple helmets available for ESB.

1) Wasted Fett / Viva Fett Fuglies or MF cleaned hero. Both of these are cleaned up Hero helmets
2) Hero Helmet and clean / fix it yourself from RS Props or Machinecraft Replicas.
I ended up buying a Wasted Fett Fugly. From my understanding it is one of the most accurate cleaned up molds available that closely matches the characteristics of the original. I appreciate your feedback. I went down a rabbit hole of information, reviews, and feel like I made the best choice.

I think you made a great move buying a Wasted Fett (Vivafett if thats the case now). I'm a GML and I can tell you this. Boba Fett is a tough costume to approve for GMLs. Many are unfamiliar with it. Up until a year ago the BHG were the only ones who could approve it. So what happens? Many GMLs bring the submissions to the GML section of the legion forums and ask for guidance. Or they contact the BHG staff by other means. The BHG staff is EXTREMELY strict and tear apart everything. Almost to the point they want everything to be a replica. It's a little out of control in my mind. I have a current applicant now going through this nightmare. I can promise that the next submission I will do with the rest of the GML team and leave the BHG out of it.

Hence why I've been here for last month. I'm trying my best to really become familiar with Boba Fetts. First because i would like to do one myself and second because I want to become familiar with it for applications.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back