Iron's ROTJ WIP

Wow! Didn't realize he was a member. I love the 50% packs he made.

Lazerjock
I figured he was a member, just didn't know his username til now. How can you be part of the Fett-Fandom and NOT be a part of TDH in some fashion or another?! ;) Once I complete the kit and painting, I'll toss my pack pics on his thread. I don't mind giving good folks a positive review on their products/services. (y)

At first I thought also that it was my model, but then I remembered that name and found this thread ==> 3D Printed, Boba Jetpack project and link for sales.

RafalFett
Gotta say, it didn't surprise me that YOU knew of this. Hehehe! I'm just glad it wasn't stolen plans and re-sold. I dislike putting money towards someone else's product only to find that it was a stolen idea/plans. Not too much honor in that. Now, if he had your expressed consent, then....that's fine. But as it turns out, this was indeed Coz3D's iteration of the Fett Pack, or as he calls it the "Fett Inspired Jet Pack Kit". And from the looks of that post, built from the ground up too! (y)

-Iron

Can’t wait to see you paint it up! Great idea with installing the thrusters. In my case I had to glue them sense I wanted to run lights through them but your way still worked great!

**UPDATE**
I worked on my Coz3D jet pack over the weekend. I applied my XTC-3D stuff and got it all primed too. I did have a minor setback, my Border Collie - Sunny, accidentally bumped my working table and the jet pack that was standing on it's thruster's toppled over and the rocket snapped off. :oops:
Scooby - Ruh-Roh.jpg

She was very apologetic for the whole thing, I was more mad at myself for leaving it in that position. Overall the kit was fine with no cracks and/or damage to it whatsoever. I'm assuming that is because due to the nature of the XTC-3D properties. It really is quite solid once fully cured, which as a side benefit I guessing adds to the protection of whatever it is applied to. But it turned out to be a blessing in disguise as I was not only able to re-attach it, but I also got it reinforced it as well. You guys know that I can get pretty creative, and while I didn't document what I did. I can tell you that toggle bolts were involved and now.....there is no way it'll come off without a considerable amount of force. (y) Also....it is hardly noticeable. Here's a challenge, by looking at the picture below, can you tell where it snapped? ;)

Overall I was satisfied with how well the XTC-3D did on the Jetpack!
Jet Pack Primed 1.jpg

I used a Bondo type of putty to fill in the factory holes that came from Coz3D, Those holes if you recall were for the "Coz3D - Factory" Beacon and Stabilizer. I'll be using QuestDesignCanada's versions. I got em' sanded oh so baby smooth! (y)
Jet Pack Primed 2.jpg

Jet Pack Primed 3.jpg

Jet Pack Primed 4.jpg
Jet Pack Primed 5.jpg

Jet Pack Primed 6.jpg

Jet Pack Primed 7.jpg

A few minor imperfections - I'll get em' sanded a bit more smooth and reapply primer. But again over all, I'm quite satisfied with how XTC-3D acted on this project. And just to reiterate, Yes this is my first time doing something like this and for the most part the first time even using some of these products/techniques too. Tomorrow I'll get some Tamiya X-11 dusted on it to make it shiny! So stay tuned as more colorful pics of this Jetpack are coming soon!

-Iron

Last edited:
**UPDATE**
I got my Jetpack Taped/Bagged and used Humbrol Maskol.....

Jet Pack Taped and Bagged and Maskol'd.jpg

I let the Maskol dry while I ate dinner last night and then after, was prepping my Airbrush so that I could apply the blue - You know how if you don't use your airbrush for awhile the main level/trigger will stick and even if you let go, it still continues to pump air. So to get rid of that effect I typically take apart my airbrush and then put it back together. By doing this I've noticed that it will unstick that part of it and function normally. Only I had the handle, needle and chucking nut off of it when it slipped out of my hand and hit the concrete of my garage. The Needle Chucking Guide broke! o_O I was pretty p i s s e d off and took a sec for me to cool off. Yep there goes my painting for this weekend. I checked around locally and couldn't find a replacement today. I ordered one last night from Amazon, and it should be here by the end of the week.
iWata HP-CS Parts List.jpg

Still not happy about that. But I have other things I can do to prep the build. I still have to fit/attach my knee armor and get holes put in my vest to feed the white straps through. Also have to get foam trimmed and put in my gauntlets so they are a bit more snug on my forearms. So I'll work on that this week instead while I await my airbrush part. Oh well......part of the process of this build eh?

-Iron

Last edited:
Lazerjock
Uh, yeah......I woulda been sick to my stomach about that stunt. :sick: The airbrush part I broke was $18.00. That Jetpack....not just the money, but time spent on it already. I'm not sure I woulda recovered. Hahaha. Only thing I lose here was time, as they say in the Army, "Just gotta suck it up". Besides, I'm not sure Coz3D woulda replaced the Jet Pack as I didn't purchase the extended warranty on it. ;)

But again, make the most of this little break and get other aspects of the build done.

-Iron

**UPDATE**

I got my Needle Chucking Guide Replacement and so my painting can resume. During my downtime I was able to get foam trimmed out and fitted to my gauntlet. I tried on my flight suit and it is not loose at all, a nice tight fit! (y).

Painting resumed and I was able to get my blue applied....
Blue Pic 1.jpg

I'll be taping and bagging it all up now as I prep for the yellow paint. (y)

I also got some additional goodies in the mail this week.... Some Jetpack Thruster Greeblies from QuestDesignCanada! :D
QDC's - JP Thruster Greeblies.jpg

Here they are next to the factory ones from Coz3D. I'll hang on to the plastic ones in case I ever decide to sell my Coz3D Jetpack for the upgraded pack that is part of my future upgrade initiative. (y)
QDC's vs Coz3D.jpg

More to come, so stay tuned!

Thanks,
-Iron

Last edited:
All,
I also got my replacement Boba Maker Helmet. As you know I received my Boba Maker V4 Helmet in July and it had a crack that presumably occurred during shipping. I requested a replacement and Boba Maker upgraded me to his next model up. One he calls his "VX Helmet". This one comes complete with scratches already on it and an easy way to attach the visor! We did have one minor hiccup on this one......I did not receive the two little knobs for the back of the Helmet. I've informed Daz about this and while I have yet to hear back from him. I'm confident he'll get them in the mail for me. I assume I won't get em' in time for Halloween, but no matter, I doubt anyone will even notice they are missing - except the super hardcore fans. The show must go on!

I know a few of you out there appreciate good pics of Boba Makers wares (RamSkirata ;) ) so without further ado......
BM VX Kit.jpg

BM VX Pic 1.jpg

BM VX Pic 2.jpg

BM VX Pic 3.jpg

BM VX Pic 4.jpg

BM VX Pic 5.jpg

BM VX Pic 6.jpg

BM VX Pic 7.jpg

BM VX Pic 8.jpg

And that's all for now....

Now I'll be in Jetpack mode with planning to have it completed and sealed by mid week.

More to come

Thanks,
-Iron

Last edited:
**UPDATE**

I got my Needle Chucking Guide Replacement and so my painting can resume. During my downtime I was able to get foam trimmed out and fitted to my gauntlet. I tried on my flight suit and it is not loose at all, a nice tight fit! (y).

Painting resumed and I was able to get my blue applied....
View attachment 199190

I'll be taping and bagging it all up now as I prep for the yellow paint. (y)

I also got some additional goodies in the mail this week.... Some Jetpack Thruster Greeblies from QuestDesignCanada! :D
View attachment 199191

Here they are next to the factory ones from Coz3D. I'll hang on to the plastic ones in case I ever decide to sell my Coz3D Jetpack for the upgraded pack that is part of my future upgrade initiative. (y)
View attachment 199192

More to come, so stay tuned!

Thanks,
-Iron
What template did you use for the jet pack paint?

;)What template did you use for the jet pack paint?

Lazerjock
If by “Template” you mean “Eyeball”, then yeah......that. ;)

I picked up from graphite (carbon) paper from Michaels yesterday. The intention is to use them for my helmet. I’ve seen some of RafalFetts stencils and they look awesome. I know you said it took you a bit of time though.

-Iron

Last edited:
Amazing work for eyeballing it!

Yes the helmet is very time consuming and difficult to keep track of what is next. Take your time think before doing. I made mistakes by going too fast.

All,
I also got my replacement Boba Maker Helmet. As you know I received my Boba Maker V4 Helmet in July and it had a crack that presumably occurred during shipping. I requested a replacement and Boba Maker upgraded me to his next model up. One he calls his "VX Helmet". This one comes complete with scratches already on it and an easy way to attach the visor! We did have one minor hiccup on this one......I did not receive the two little knobs for the back of the Helmet. I've informed Daz about this and while I have yet to hear back from him. I'm confident he'll get them in the mail for me. I assume I won't get em' in time for Halloween, but no matter, I doubt anyone will even notice they are missing - except the super hardcore fans. The show must go on!

I know a few of you out there appreciate good pics of Boba Makers wares (RamSkirata ;) ) so without further ado......
View attachment 199193
View attachment 199194
View attachment 199195
View attachment 199196
View attachment 199197
View attachment 199198
View attachment 199199
View attachment 199200
View attachment 199201

And that's all for now....

Now I'll be in Jetpack mode with planning to have it completed and sealed by mid week.

More to come

Thanks,
-Iron
The helmet is super nice- now I wonder after looking at my 2015 FPH2 how does the damage change over the last 5 years? Not dramatically but there are differences that I see.

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back