intwenothor's accurate ESB interior thread.

Interesting...do you have an image of the RotJ foam (liner)?

This:
Heilman Helmet_11.JPG

I'll go for this one, looks more easy to do :lol::p Just kidding...
When Singleseat did his Malone Fett as ROTJ he recreated the interior of the foam padding Jedi beautifully. No pics I'm afraid but if you check out this Rangefinder thread he did you'll see the sort of attention he put in!

When Singleseat did his Malone Fett as ROTJ he recreated the interior of the foam padding Jedi beautifully. No pics I'm afraid but if you check out this Rangefinder thread he did you'll see the sort of attention he put in!

Now that's a cool build thread! Not this new age 3D print mambo jambo but some good ol' handy work :D

Now that's a cool build thread! Not this new age 3D print mambo jambo but some good ol' handy work :D
The guy was a purist and would have done it this way even had the 3D tech been available. The finished build is one of the best I've ever seen, and the technique in the exterior painting, as well as the interior finish, is among the best I have ever seen.

This one?
SS27%20Fett_Jedi_interior.jpg

Sorry for the watermark.

This one?
View attachment 189434

Sorry for the watermark.
That is indeed the one. I could have dug it out but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have wanted it shared here. He was pretty scathing about this place, latterly. I've not been in contact with him for a few years but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

On reflection, I pretty much opened the door by mentioning it!

That said, the entire finished thing was lovely. His painting technique was flawless. It was clearly a labour of love.

Last edited:
Yeah SS did a truly amazing job on his ROTJ. Its still my favorite build up of it today. I almost cant tell the difference between his and the Hero outside of the photo quality hahaha. ROTJ looks easier to paint but its honestly just as complicated as ESB is given all the subtle different tones the thing has

Yeah SS did a truly amazing job on his ROTJ. Its still my favorite build up of it today. I almost cant tell the difference between his and the Hero outside of the photo quality hahaha. ROTJ looks easier to paint but its honestly just as complicated as ESB is given all the subtle different tones the thing has
I think it's more difficult and has more subtleties but I agree that his finished piece was great. I've only seen one other ROTJ in the same league, possibly with slightly better colour choices.

It's worth remembering that the SS paintup was pre stencil from Levi - one of the board's best contributors, although I doubt he'd have used them! When you consider that, it only adds to the admiration.

Did the SE version still have the harness in it?

It seems that the harness was installed to (at least) the ESB and ROTJ helmets before the filming of ROTJ. Before that all helmets had only the chin cup and possibly those foam liners. For the eFX casting of the ESB helmet all internal parts were removed (electronics, MQ-1 circuit board and I guess the harness too) and I'm curious to know how they re-installed them, especially the MQ-1 which was glued from the inside.

It seems that the harness was installed to (at least) the ESB and ROTJ helmets before the filming of ROTJ. Before that all helmets had only the chin cup and possibly those foam liners. For the eFX casting of the ESB helmet all internal parts were removed (electronics, MQ-1 circuit board and I guess the harness too) and I'm curious to know how they re-installed them, especially the MQ-1 which was glued from the inside.

How do you know if the ESB didn't have it already installed when filming? Do you have any picture of it? Also, It would make sense that the filming helmet had it installed unlike the promo costumes (like the RotJ helmet before RotJ).

Also, how do you know the MQ-1 was removed? I thought Gino filled the holes like he did on the visor area and ear holes. I do not think they removed the MQ-1.

How do you know if the ESB didn't have it already installed when filming? Do you have any picture of it? Also, It would make sense that the filming helmet had it installed unlike the promo costumes (like the RotJ helmet before RotJ).

It is a possibility, but we don't have any evidence to prove or disprove it. I know there was a discussion regarding this issue and someone said that the helmet harness system was heavily used in ROTJ and not for ESB.

Also, how do you know the MQ-1 was removed? I thought Gino filled the holes like he did on the visor area and ear holes. I do not think they removed the MQ-1.

Here are the images:
ESB Casting 0004.jpg
ESB Casting 0013.jpg
ESB Casting 0042.jpg

That calculator would have come out and Raf's image show this. Whether the cradle came out is less clear. Its position in the roof of the helmet mean its presence wouldn't be particularly intrusive in the casting process and that it would have been possible to leave it where it was, however; it could have been either way. Always looked like it was hot glued in to me.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back