FirstCoastFett's Beskar Build

PicsArt_07-28-10.19.25.jpg

Having issues with the chest over the cape not sitting flush. The overlapping right side was causing a gap between the armor and vest. Fixed that issue with N52 magnets. Hot glue to hold them in place, epoxy putty to secure them*

View attachment 209784

After the epoxy cured, I put the vest on and lined up the chest. Popped on the corresponding magnets under the vest and took it off. Outlined the magnets with a sharpie and took everything apart. Hot glued the magnets in place

View attachment 209786

Once glued in place, I added hot glue around each magnet. Took some iron on patches and sealed around the magnets. These aren't going anywhere

View attachment 209788

So after my first test fit, the magnets were strong enough I didn't need the industrial strength velcro. So I removed the two large strips from the back of the chest armor. Fits perfect every time.
Sorry if this is a dumb question....but the pic above - is that on the inside of the vest? So the iron on patches are towards your body?

Also, the epoxy putty - what kind did you use? It didn't impede the magnets from attracting/holding?

Thanks man!

Sorry if this is a dumb question....but the pic above - is that on the inside of the vest? So the iron on patches are towards your body?

Also, the epoxy putty - what kind did you use? It didn't impede the magnets from attracting/holding?

Thanks man!
Hey man! No, not dumb at all. So the epoxy putty is this Gorilla Glue epoxy stick. Stuff has about 10 min before it starts to harden, and when it does its rock solid. (And it smells like tuna fish for some reason lol)

The magnets I used only connect in one direction, so I mark with a sharpie the sides that connect.

I hot glue them in place on the chest where I want them. Then roll a small amount of epoxy, wrap it around the magnet, pressing and smoothing it out. Let that dry for a few, move on to the next one.

Then a marble size ball of epoxy, press it down over the magnet, and smooth it out over the edge. I tried to cover the magnet but have a thin layer covering it.

Let the chest magnets cure. Should take about an hour before moving on.

Place the magnets on a table with the marked side facing up, spaced out about a foot. Tape or hold the chest over the vest where you want and let the magnets catch under the inside of the vest. Now you can shift and move the chest to exactly where you want. Once you're happy with that, flip the vest, take a pencil, marker etc and trace an outline of the magnet. Remove them and move the chest outta the way.

Hot glue them back in place on the vest, marked side facing the vest. Cut a section (about 1-1.5" square) of iron on patch. Put a drop of hot glue on the magnet and press the patch over the magnet so it stays in place. Now the fun part: iron on the patch but AROUND the magnet, but be careful- your iron will want to stick to the magnet, and it will. Just be careful.

Now that's all down, your chest will pop onto the vest no problem. Depending on the depth of the chest, you may want to double up. More magnets equals more strength but will not budge with the epoxy. Play around with it before you commit to the epoxy.

20210905_221712.jpg

Thanks man!

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back