First Sons – Boba Fett Preproduction #2 Helmet Progeny

Yeah but if your glove mold is stuck, you sacrifice the mold and keep the integrity of the original piece, no matter what piece you're working on. Who would use a prybar? Ridiculous.

I agree but your observation really serves to reinforce the point I'm making. Interesting that the same thing happened to the buck because that has release damage too.

I come back and reread this every month or so. Amazing that we know so much about this!
There's a fantastic thread over at the rpf about this matter. The second page onwards with a conversation between, mostly, Art and Ryan is fascinating. It's called 'My new boba fett helmet casting'. It's a brilliant thread.

There's a fantastic thread over at the rpf about this matter. The second page onwards with a conversation between, mostly, Art and Ryan is fascinating. It's called 'My new boba fett helmet casting'. It's a brilliant thread.

I've been looking for an excuse to join RPF. I'll check that out - Thanks.

I have a question. Someone makes and sells these Pre-Pro 2 copies? Or is it illegal and forbidden? If not, can I find out who and where? )

430070_251761314899701_33702142_n.jpg

Very interesting. Has anyone tried photogramatry (photoscanning) any of the originals or these "First Sons"? It seems inevitable at this point that someone with access will be able to generate 3D files just as good as a molding then we can just print on demand.

Hey Art, is there any chance there is an archive of the thread that discusses the finding of the Ultracal plug? The link for it goes to a dead page. I would love to read that thread.

Hey Art, is there any chance there is an archive of the thread that discusses the finding of the Ultracal plug? The link for it goes to a dead page. I would love to read that thread.

Here's the thread, but most of the images are missing ==> **TDH Exclusive** Real Boba Fett helmet casting. Andy / intwenothor owns this and posted lots of images on his site ==>The Boba Fett Pre Production 2 Buck |.
I don't own the PP2 buck. It was loaned to me for all of 2016 with a bit of overlap from late 2015 and into early 2017. After that it was returned to its current owner. Additionally, the other pages of the linked site contains images of some of the unaltered casts that were made in 2015 from a new mould - minus the skirt. Those pictures are helpful because the casts are one uniform colour and this makes it easier to see the properties of the buck, both good and bad.

Those pages also show the alterations that I made to a copy of the buck to make it into a useable cast for painting. Those changes will likely be similar to the things that Lee Malone did to create his 'Malone Fett' helmets. The casts, and therefore the buck, share some of the issues that the GM had [although not all] but generally of a less egregious nature.

I don't own the PP2 buck. It was loaned to me for all of 2016 with a bit of overlap from late 2015 and into early 2017. After that it was returned to its current owner. Additionally, the other pages of the linked site contains images of some of the unaltered casts that were made in 2015 from a new mould - minus the skirt. Those pictures are helpful because the casts are one uniform colour and this makes it easier to see the properties of the buck, both good and bad.

Those pages also show the alterations that I made to a copy of the buck to make it into a useable cast for painting. Those changes will likely be similar to the things that Lee Malone did to create his 'Malone Fett' helmets. The casts, and therefore the buck, share some of the issues that the GM had [although not all] but generally of a less egregious nature.
Yeh woodman owns that now I think?

No. Not Woodman. The buck is owned in the UK.

If I understand it correctly, Woodman owns, or owned, some sort of mould of the thing, possibly from the original Malone Fett run, and is the person producing the light grey unaltered casts with the additional dome distortion.
Ahhhh thanks!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back