It's been awhile since I updated my thread. My order from Sidewinder came in the other day!
I requested an EFX kit for light and sound as well. Amazing prop. Red light and sound work great. I replaced the non-functional scope with an ASI scope, mounted backwards of course. And I tied on a sling from Jbdubz.
I want to weather and make personal touches to it as well. I feel like the body should be much darker? I will likely replace the stock with a wooden stock with real greeblies to add a bit of weight as it is very light.
It was totally worth the wait and it kind of feels like a late Christmas present. Then again my birthday was last week. Who knows. lol
1. Cut a piece of Tshirt-fabric so that its larger than the damaged area.
2. Sand the inside of the armor and clean it so that its prepared for the glue.
3. Use CA-glue for gluing the crack and wait until its dry.
4. Now put some CA-glue on the area of the damage and press the pre cut Tshirt-fabric on it. After ist dry use as much CA-glue as needed to cover every part of the fabric.
5. Cut away fabric that is looking over the edge of the armor. The fabric is pretty hard now.
I hope I could describe it well with my english knowledge. Thats the way I repair my Stormtrooper armor cracks for years.