Elstree Precision Co Ltd Hero Metal Ears Project

I want to publicly apologize for my statements earlier in this thread. While I do wish things happened differently, I was caught off guard and acted out of line. This post is not me being the 'bigger man' so to speak - Steven reached out to me yesterday and opened up communication first, which I greatly appreciate. I have no ill feelings towards this project and wish Steven and Elstree nothing but the best. It has been very cool to see them work out some of the things that we had to when we started making ears - they are far from easy to do.

To Steven, the Elstree crew, all involved with this project, and all that popped in here and watched me make an ass out of myself (whether in good company or not) - I sincerely apologize.

MachineCraft boba87fett
I am really happy to see an improvement in your relationship. As a fairly new member thats getting to know the community, I might have a somewhat objective view on things and I didn't like seeing the drama one bit.
That said, now that more and more details get out about what happened with the helmet casts, I can better understand the impulsive reaction Dakota had when the Elstree ears project got on the way, which I have to say was quite irritating.
Thus, I love seeing the differences resolved.

Regards from Germany,
Ram

Steven, I would love to be added to the list as well if possible. Also definitely open to getting a couple sets if John decides to do more then 15 sets.

I want to publicly apologize for my statements earlier in this thread. While I do wish things happened differently, I was caught off guard and acted out of line. This post is not me being the 'bigger man' so to speak - Steven reached out to me yesterday and opened up communication first, which I greatly appreciate. I have no ill feelings towards this project and wish Steven and Elstree nothing but the best. It has been very cool to see them work out some of the things that we had to when we started making ears - they are far from easy to do.

To Steven, the Elstree crew, all involved with this project, and all that popped in here and watched me make an ass out of myself (whether in good company or not) - I sincerely apologize.

Thanks for posting this Dakota. I apologize for the delay in my response. I too want to publicly apologize to you for my comments and attitude. I believe our community deserves better than we showed ourselves to be. Glad to have worked things out with you man.

More progress!

John finished the bolts a few days ago. He recreated the Whitworth thread pattern of the period.

B8E40E9C-6481-4DC8-91CA-3D3D16115601.jpeg

And as of today, the bolts are completed & fitted.

0566EF1D-54B5-41B3-8ABB-CCC05961E901.jpeg

12D8FB8D-F132-44D8-9343-A57E0D9B7E11.jpeg

There was no servo in the original helmets. You put the stalk down with your own hands. Only lights were instaled,activated with the microswitch.

full?d=1350112005.jpg

KaanE you are right! I thought I remembered the rangefinder coming down on its own in the video below, but that memory was confused, probably by the fact that I was impressed with the jetpack special effects and copying that to the assumption of the rangfinder operation.
In fact, the rangefinder is brought down manually here, too (already copied the video to start at the right moment):

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back