eFX Fett Helmet

Well, I actually received one, and I have to say, "Meh.."

After seeing people's fiberglass versions of Boba Fett's helmet and others from the Star Wars universe and handling the RS stunt trooper helmet, this one strikes me as what it is, a mass produced piece of Chinese plastic. Oh well.
I know how you feel but give it a little while and it might grow on you. Certainly, it feels cheap to handle. In the context of finished Boba helmets, it is cheap.

Last edited:
I guess it does come down to what one expects for $400. In this case it appears to be a nice paint job and a licensing fee, because the helmet material itself is, as intwenothor says, cheap.

Do they all have the ear paint error ?
IMG-20210124-WA0019.jpg

Fresh out of the box with a 2020 copyright dated helmet:

Attachments

• B7F03C39-9FA7-4E05-A7BA-CFCE8AF3C127.jpeg
    B7F03C39-9FA7-4E05-A7BA-CFCE8AF3C127.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 207
Got mine yesterday, and I’m pretty impressed. The paint apps are excellently done for a mass produced helmet, they hold up really well even under close inspection. But it’s the metal ears that really make it, and the rangefinder makes such a satisfying click moving up and down. One thing I noticed on mine is it’s missing the heavy handed blotching on the dome that Ive heard many complain about. I wonder if it’s just mine or if it’s been left off of the second wave. Maybe I’m looking at it with rose coloured glasses but it does seem like a well done helmet, and will be a nice companion piece to my MCR-ESB raw cast.

Before finding my GMH helmet on eBay, I considered getting an eFX as I read that some local garrisons have approved them for the 501st. However, I reached out to my local GML and he said nope. It worked out for me as I'm really happy with the helmet I ended up with. Especially considering I started out with a Black Series as the first piece for my ESB build and I quickly moved away from that as I did more research and started procuring my build parts.

Before finding my GMH helmet on eBay, I considered getting an eFX as I read that some local garrisons have approved them for the 501st. However, I reached out to my local GML and he said nope. It worked out for me as I'm really happy with the helmet I ended up with. Especially considering I started out with a Black Series as the first piece for my ESB build and I quickly moved away from that as I did more research and started procuring my build parts.

Some GMLs are more strict. I wonder if yours knows jbdubz

Received my 2nd batch (2020 copyright) as well, and no sign of those oil splotches over the dome. Something I was planning on removing anyhow so that worked out.

I'm still in love with my EFX Fett, aside from the known issues with it.
It's actually ( and protect me from the flamings I'm about to get.....lol ) , but I have to say, it's actually a more accurate ESB on screen paint job, than any current or past commerically produced version, even the RS Lineage, or previous RS ESB Fett they had.
The RS is very close, and the paint details on it, ARE well represented, but I can hold up the EFX to my screen with ESB 4K disc playing, and see without a doubt, the paint job of the EFX is DEAD ON.
Now, the EFX paint job isn't COMPLETE....it has some rather inexcusable omissions, but I'd say it's 90% complete, but what is on it, is accurate.
When you look at the EFX and RS details (using the "cat scratch" and "right cheek" details as example ), you can definitely tell.
To be fair to the RS, the QUALITY of their paint job and craftsmanship are far superior to the EFX, and that's what you're paying for ( which I gladly will ).
But, until RS makes an accurate ESB onscreen build, the EFX, to me, is the most accurate commercially produced ESB Fett out there.
FETTs.png

During EFXs initial gearing up for their Fett helmet, do we think they took some hi-def detailed photos of the helmet?
Does anyone know if they, or any other resources exist?

The RS Helmet is not trying to represent the helmet as it was in ESB. RS are painting it as it appears in ROTJ SE.

The EFX has indeed got a decent paint job. There are some inaccuracies such as the bottom of the right ear, and the stains on the back.

There were also a few bits that weren’t painted silver on mine too. There was an outline for the silver though.

The RS Helmet is not trying to represent the helmet as it was in ESB. RS are painting it as it appears in ROTJ SE.

The EFX has indeed got a decent paint job. There are some inaccuracies such as the bottom of the right ear, and the stains on the back.

There were also a few bits that weren’t painted silver on mine too. There was an outline for the silver though.
They did originally do an ESB specific run of Fett helms, using an older copy of someone's fan made mould or something, but they painted it very nicely.
I'm hoping eventually to get an ESB on screen specific paint job from them, on their lineage helmet, NOT the ROTJ SE paint job , which is currently the way the prop looks.

They did originally do an ESB specific run of Fett helms, using an older copy of someone's fan made mould or something, but they painted it very nicely.
I'm hoping eventually to get an ESB on screen specific paint job from them, on their lineage helmet, NOT the ROTJ SE paint job , which is currently the way the prop looks.
Right, they did offer ESB helmets until the arrival lineage casting. I imagine they aren’t offering ESB paint jobs on the lineage helmet because that would require producing a new helmet that has been cleaned up and restored to it’s appearance in 1979. Maybe they will one day.

It’s likely that photos of the original helmet were taken while EFX was studying/mounding the helmet, but if they are they haven’t been shared publicly.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back