Blaster EE-3 Breech Greeblie

KenChan Wow! That is fantastic work! I am leaning toward your assertion that perhaps these are not perfect circles but abnormal holes. The larger photos are very helpful along with your detailed renders of your designed disc.

Possible side observation:
In some of those photos, the V8 Rod is missing, having been knocked off. Is it just me or does it appear that, based on the location of the larger hole on the disc, in relation to other features of the Webley, the disc itself is moving/rotating slightly? Perhaps that might be telling somewhat as to how the builders attached these discs?

I think there is some logic to your line of reasoning, however, the deeper I have dived into vintage high speed audio equipment that utilize pulleys (from the era that these discs/pulleys would likely have come from), I am regularly surprised by what would appear to be randomly positioned holes on pulleys (I am sure the reality is they are not randomly placed) for what I have to believe are reasons of balancing these pulley wheels at high rotational speeds. Even more strange is the varying quantity of holes per pulley, as well as their differences in hole size and in the arrangement of each hole to one another which typically, to the naked eye, is not what one would consider symmetrical (which one would assume to be necessary for balance).

I don’t want to infer every one of those pulley wheels was custom balanced, nor do I want to make it seen that most or even half of them are this way (the vast majority are not like this), but a surprising number of them are very irregular.

Of course now that I’ve said this I can’t seem to find any good reference pics.

Just one photo perhaps? I would love to see one somewhat close to what we are looking for. It would help narrow down the goose chasing.

KenChan

Possible side observation:
In some of those photos, the V8 Rod is missing, having been knocked off. Is it just me or does it appear that, based on the location of the larger hole on the disc, in relation to other features of the Webley, the disc itself is moving/rotating slightly? Perhaps that might be telling somewhat as to how the builders attached these discs?

I think they're screwed on

Just one photo perhaps? I would love to see one somewhat close to what we are looking for. It would help narrow down the goose chasing.

Well, I’ve looked at so many photos of wheels and pulleys, I tried to go back and find some of the odd ones, but I couldn’t find any again that are very close to what KenChan has rendered. Still here are a fee showing the odd and asymmetrical holes and cut-outs some of these vintage audio electronics used:

7E9C556F-08E8-459C-9B5C-1F8BD6E0263E.jpeg

5A621261-D880-4464-BB68-3465E129CF72.jpeg

18038896-9E82-47DB-A77F-FBEEBB05E162.jpeg

I am afraid they don't really help too much though.

I think they're screwed on

Andy, for real?

Seeing as quite a few fett parts were scavenged from a michell turntable (which I believe utilized a couple of pulleys) ... Does anyone have access to an exploded parts diagram for one of those?

For real.
You're completely mad I tell you! Mad! Haha
While I certainly wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility, I do find it very unlikely as I've always been under the impression that Bapty didn't allow for any real permanent damage to be done to any of the working rented firearms regardless of how common they were/weren't at the time. That aside, screws/drill holes going through that area on the flaregun would likely intersect the ejection slide; effectively locking up the action, and we see when Fett shoots at Luke that they seem to have used a blank shell to provide the flash and smoke, indicating the flaregun is still active. I honestly think everything was just superglued onto the flaregun. There's an interview with one of the prop/model makers where he talks about showing off superglue for the first time to the rest of the guys at Lucasfilm and them basically thinking it some sort of wonder material for the industry and going absolutely hog wild with the stuff

Last edited:
So I've played around with this some more and may have kinda gone a little hog-wild on the redesign here, hahaha, but bare with me. So at first I simply did a slight redesign to my old model with the incorporated pulley features and reduced the outer diameter back to 42mm, and this is what I came up with for that.
View attachment 172289 View attachment 172290 View attachment 172291

But I still wasn't entirely happy with that, so I decided take another look at what few photos of the Disk/Pulley we have and start again from scratch.. The more I look at these photos the more I cant help but lean towards the large hole we see as actually being a slot instead... There are just some funky shots like those from on the executor bridge where it almost looks like it has an elongated shape to it that it shouldn't have if it was just a simple hole. I also played around with the actual pulley part for a while and I ultimately decided to make it more of a simple groove as to me it just looks a little too shallow to be that of an actual pulley from one of the hallway photos showing the other side of the blaster. Not claiming any accuracy here as this is really a very large shot in the dark, but this is what I now think I am seeing. It also looks as though the Disk fell off at some point much like many of the other greebles and was re-glued back on in a slightly different positions throughout filming. But yeah, curious what you guys think about this

View attachment 172299 View attachment 172298 View attachment 172294 View attachment 172293 View attachment 172297 View attachment 172296 View attachment 172295 View attachment 172292
There's also something on the outer face of the pulley that somewhat aligns with the larger hole which to me, definitely appears to be an oval and not just a circular cut out as it dips downwards at about a 7 o'clock angle, behind the model part.
1571369284507.png
1571371388927.png

Here it is again from a different angle...
1571369340225.png

And another...
1571369396287.png

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back