Eagle's 501st ESB Boba Build

Eagle

New Hunter
Wow, this a big one. Today I purchased the first part of my ESB Boba. This is my dream costume and I really can't see myself doing any other major costumes after this. I'm a 501st member so I'm going to document the process here and on the BHG forums. I predict this will take me at least two years to finish. I've been working really hard to make this a reality, including a diet I started last year which resulted in me losing 50 pounds. I wanted to thank my good friend Erice3338 for his guidance so far on this build, he really knows his stuff! I want this to be as accurate as possible. I won't be going out of my way to find vintage parts unless I see something good. This build may also have parts that are more suited for trooping, for example, I'm considering using rubber toe spikes.

Any advice is welcome, I can't wait to work with everyone!

Part List: ([Ordered] Part, Maker)

[6/1/21] ESB Fugly Helmet, Wasted Fett

TheEagle
Welcome! It took me a solid year to put together a ROTJ Fett! Watching it all come together was simply awesome! I’ve had such a good time on TDH, and even came away with folks on here that I’d now call friends!

But…..I’d say you’re off to a good start with that ESB Fugly from Wasted!
(y)

Best of luck on your build and have fun!

Cheers,
-Iron

TheEagle
Welcome! It took me a solid year to put together a ROTJ Fett! Watching it all come together was simply awesome! I’ve had such a good time on TDH, and even came away with folks on here that I’d now call friends!

But…..I’d say you’re off to a good start with that ESB Fugly from Wasted!
(y)

Best of luck on your build and have fun!

Cheers,
-Iron
Thank you!

20210707_140237.jpg

The helmet is here! Time to get some metal bits and find a painter!

TheEagle
Find a painter?! Don’t wanna attempt it yourself?

….just giving ya a hard time! Hahaha! It can be a daunting task indeed. I’ve even poked around in getting someone to paint up my ROTJ Boba Maker VX helmet after the paint job I threw on it. But I’ll take another run at it. What really gets me is the rusting effect on the EE-3 no matter how hard I try, it never looks quite right. Gonna redo that in black and silver scuff marks which I can do no problem. But gonna try someone locally to see if they can do rusting effects for me.

Your canvas/bucket looks good though! Best of luck to ya finding someone.

-Iron

TheEagle
Find a painter?! Don’t wanna attempt it yourself?

….just giving ya a hard time! Hahaha! It can be a daunting task indeed. I’ve even poked around in getting someone to paint up my ROTJ Boba Maker VX helmet after the paint job I threw on it. But I’ll take another run at it. What really gets me is the rusting effect on the EE-3 no matter how hard I try, it never looks quite right. Gonna redo that in black and silver scuff marks which I can do no problem. But gonna try someone locally to see if they can do rusting effects for me.

Your canvas/bucket looks good though! Best of luck to ya finding someone.

-Iron
I've been throwing around the idea of doing the armor, JP, and gauntlets. But the helmet scares me. When I was making my TK, I could barely paint the frown on my helmet correctly lol. With my current living situation, it would be nearly impossible to set up a painting station safely or properly.

Nothing is set in stone yet, most painters I've reached out to are booked up at the moment so I have more time to think.

Thanks Iron

TheEagle
…for me I had two weeks to do it! And with everything planned out it all started to come together. Then, one fateful evening after I had let my upper cheeks dry I went to seal it up for the night and I was too close with my sealer. And gave it that “Vein” effect! :oops:

At that point I could redo it, I simply pressed on, knowing I had to redo it after the Halloween event was over. But it actually wasn’t that bad and it kinda gave it some depth of additional damage. Still though, I know how it’s meant to look and it ain’t right. So….a redo.

oh also….I’m a first timer myself with little to no art training. I was using an airbrush for all of my work too.

-Iron

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back