Eagle's 501st ESB Boba Build

Eagle

New Hunter
Wow, this a big one. Today I purchased the first part of my ESB Boba. This is my dream costume and I really can't see myself doing any other major costumes after this. I'm a 501st member so I'm going to document the process here and on the BHG forums. I predict this will take me at least two years to finish. I've been working really hard to make this a reality, including a diet I started last year which resulted in me losing 50 pounds. I wanted to thank my good friend Erice3338 for his guidance so far on this build, he really knows his stuff! I want this to be as accurate as possible. I won't be going out of my way to find vintage parts unless I see something good. This build may also have parts that are more suited for trooping, for example, I'm considering using rubber toe spikes.

Any advice is welcome, I can't wait to work with everyone!

Part List: ([Ordered] Part, Maker)

[6/1/21] ESB Fugly Helmet, Wasted Fett

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
TheEagle
Welcome! It took me a solid year to put together a ROTJ Fett! Watching it all come together was simply awesome! I’ve had such a good time on TDH, and even came away with folks on here that I’d now call friends!

But…..I’d say you’re off to a good start with that ESB Fugly from Wasted!
(y)

Best of luck on your build and have fun!

Cheers,
-Iron

Eagle

New Hunter
TheEagle
Welcome! It took me a solid year to put together a ROTJ Fett! Watching it all come together was simply awesome! I’ve had such a good time on TDH, and even came away with folks on here that I’d now call friends!

But…..I’d say you’re off to a good start with that ESB Fugly from Wasted!
(y)

Best of luck on your build and have fun!

Cheers,
-Iron
Thank you!

Eagle

New Hunter
20210707_140237.jpg

The helmet is here! Time to get some metal bits and find a painter!

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
TheEagle
Find a painter?! Don’t wanna attempt it yourself?

….just giving ya a hard time! Hahaha! It can be a daunting task indeed. I’ve even poked around in getting someone to paint up my ROTJ Boba Maker VX helmet after the paint job I threw on it. But I’ll take another run at it. What really gets me is the rusting effect on the EE-3 no matter how hard I try, it never looks quite right. Gonna redo that in black and silver scuff marks which I can do no problem. But gonna try someone locally to see if they can do rusting effects for me.

Your canvas/bucket looks good though! Best of luck to ya finding someone.

-Iron

Eagle

New Hunter
TheEagle
Find a painter?! Don’t wanna attempt it yourself?

….just giving ya a hard time! Hahaha! It can be a daunting task indeed. I’ve even poked around in getting someone to paint up my ROTJ Boba Maker VX helmet after the paint job I threw on it. But I’ll take another run at it. What really gets me is the rusting effect on the EE-3 no matter how hard I try, it never looks quite right. Gonna redo that in black and silver scuff marks which I can do no problem. But gonna try someone locally to see if they can do rusting effects for me.

Your canvas/bucket looks good though! Best of luck to ya finding someone.

-Iron
I've been throwing around the idea of doing the armor, JP, and gauntlets. But the helmet scares me. When I was making my TK, I could barely paint the frown on my helmet correctly lol. With my current living situation, it would be nearly impossible to set up a painting station safely or properly.

Nothing is set in stone yet, most painters I've reached out to are booked up at the moment so I have more time to think.

Thanks Iron

Irongladiator

Active Hunter
TheEagle
…for me I had two weeks to do it! And with everything planned out it all started to come together. Then, one fateful evening after I had let my upper cheeks dry I went to seal it up for the night and I was too close with my sealer. And gave it that “Vein” effect! :oops:

At that point I could redo it, I simply pressed on, knowing I had to redo it after the Halloween event was over. But it actually wasn’t that bad and it kinda gave it some depth of additional damage. Still though, I know how it’s meant to look and it ain’t right. So….a redo.

oh also….I’m a first timer myself with little to no art training. I was using an airbrush for all of my work too.

-Iron