Custom Mando'ad Beskar'gam

Kad alor

Jr Hunter
Su'cuy gar vode, my name is Hodayc (but many of my close vode refer to me as "te Kad'alor" because i have never lost in a swordfight). ive started work on my custom Mandalorian armour, i havnt added armour plates yet because my place is a bit of a mess cuz i just moved in, plus im kinda strapped for cash. ive decided to go a little bit of a different direction with the design of my armour, for starters i bought a set of hockey pads and then i cut off the shoulder and arm guards which left me with a vest. im also going to make some neck armour because the vest does leave my neck exposed a bit. im still deciding if i should make bicep and elbow armour because it would restrict my movement and i prefer mobility over defencibility. im also going to make a 'cod piece', greaves, knee armour, and custome vambraces and hand guards. let me know what you think and please if you have any ideas or suggestions as to what i can add to my armour ideas please let me know, thanks!
Hodayc

Original.JPG
Front.JPG
Back.JPG
Side.JPG

It will be useful if you want padding under your vest, but you would need to modify the osik out of it to get it to look Mandalorian, to be honest.

thanks for your imput very much, i like how everyone helps out here, its great!

i dont want it to look like traditional mandalorian armour, it will have similar characteristics but it wont be the same armour plate cuts that almost everyone else have. i dont have anything against the traditional look of mando armour, but i prefer to look a bit different from other mandos. i have a stand out personality and i plan on making my armour to match. this is very simply what i want it to look like....
Front - plate layout.JPG
Back - plate layout.JPG

any constructive critisism would be greatly appretiated!
Hodayc

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Spiderman is your armorer:lol:

Seriously tho, that has potential.. are you planning on cutting sintra (or other material) plates to fit onto the filled in red areas ? Also, from the lines i'm seeing there.. depending on how you paint your helmet and construct your cod (if you use one) you could have a very interesting look. Its got potential :cheers

Your going to need groin armor, and if all those red parts are plates then I think some sort of arm armor is in order.

thanks so much for your help.

what i plan on doing is making my own vambraces (no built in weapons though because i like to swordfight with my armour on and weapons would make me bulkier and slow me down). they are going to be slim and close fitting, im also going to have an armour plate on the back of each hand. ill be making my own knee cap armour and again no built in weapons or darts because i wouldnt want the added side profile, it adds something else for a sword to get caught on. im not too sure yet if ill use groin armour because i tend to move need full leg movement while fighting and i dont want to be slowed down any more than i have to. im not sure what colour scheme ill be using yet, i was thinking dark red with greys and black. but im not too sure yet. any ideas???
Hodayc

Not sure about it. I like the whole practicality approach, but you may be pushing the boundaries a little too far. Have you had a bucket on yet? The visibility is going to be a big problem for sword fighting.

I like the hockey vest idea, with well thought out armour could work well.

hey, when i sword fight i use a medieval barbute helmet (dont worry it has a t-visor on it). i wouldnt want to swordfight in a bucket because they wouldnt be able to hold up to a sword strike, it would break and not provide any protection at all.
im having trouble settling on a colour scheme, if anyone has any ideas please let me know? thanks
Hodayc

if you ask me your red need some black in it somewhere....but there may be a reason for that...just look at my pic and you'll see why LOL

when i edited those pics i just used dark red because it was different than the hockey pad colours, the armour plates wont be red at all. im going to have a double colour look to it. ill post more pics soon, i should be starting up cutting the armour plates sometime this week. my place has been a mess for the past week due to moving but everything is pretty much clean now and so i have plenty of room to work on my kit. thank you all very much for all your help ner vode, i appretiate it!
Hodayc

P.S. nice armour sentra! thats a pretty freakin' sweet job you did. i love your greaves!

i was able to cut out all of my armour plates today. i still have to sand them down a bit before i prime and paint them. any ideas how i should attach my armour to my vest?
Hodayc

Don't use Velcro trust me its more hassle then its worth, you have to do to much extra reinforcing of the Velcro to get it to stick to the vest and armor.
Snaps can work well but make sure you glue down the side on the armor well.
Screws are another alternative, but I think they would be uncomfortable.

my armour plates are almost ready for painting! i just have to sand then with a fine grit sand paper first, and i have all day to do it! should be pics today or soon (depending on when i find my camera).
Hodayc

P.S. ive tested the padding out already, i dont feel punches or sword strikes! although some momentum does trasfer to me because of the strike but nothing i cant handle!

Su'cuy gar ner vode. my Beskar'gam is nearly finished! i have all but one small plate painted (i seem to have missplaced it :(). here are my updated pics! please let me know what you think.
IMG_7244.JPG
IMG_7245.JPG
IMG_7246.JPG
IMG_7247.JPG

Hey all! sorry i havnt posted anything in a while, ive been really busy with work and stuff. i finally had a chance to paint and attach the 2 small plates that i hadnt done yet and i also added an emblem to my right shoulder plate. heres the progress thus far.

IMG_7257.JPG
IMG_7258.JPG
IMG_7254.JPG

Let me know what you think,
Hodayc

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back