Can ANYONE make rangefinder displays

hyperdyne said:
Evilution, do you see me here price bashing your stuff? That is just bad form. Sorry you think that is too much. I suggest you make your own.

For those who want a different set of options, I will make mine available. Added features = added value. Sure I could do a simple alternating circuit for less, but then again anyone could with a 555 timer and a primer from Radio Shack.

My goal is always to futher the hobby with inventive kits. I tend to be on the leading edge while others are content with the trailing edge. That is fine, but dont bash others who strive to fly higher. I also have a sound option on my board - so even comparing yours to mine is apples and oranges.

Good luck with your kit...

You know I'm in bud ;) I'll check around to some local print shops and see if they can get something printed on transparency (sp:lol: ) to fit into the range display....I'll tell them it's about the size of a postage stamp.

Steve

Don't forget about Hyperdyne's awesome rf servo setup.
smilie_cheering.gif

That's what powers my rf. I wish it would travel a bit faster, though.

judz, if you want your RF to go faster I can give you an upgrade chip for that. How much faster, 2x, 3x?

My worry is that the faster it goes the more stress on the RF linkage. But just so you know that it can be done!!

Hey, i'm not bashing your prices i'm just stating what I think.
Our kits are different, I can't possibly charge much for what goes into my future kit as there isn't that much in it.
Things in USA are way cheaper than stuff in the UK, even then, the parts for my kit won't cost more than £10.

Jumping in on my thread, That is just bad form.

Dude, Evilution. It's all cool. Hyperdyne didn't hijack your thread. It wasn't your thread to begin with. DL44 Blaster asked if anyone could make the RF display, then even asked if Hyperdyne could jump in on this one. I notified him that he was requested on these boards since he is in my Garrison of the 501st. He's a good guy, does quality work. Even if it's a little pricey, it's quality, and like he said, on the cutting edge. As that edge becomes the mainstream, cost will go down on the same stuff.

We all appreciate your option of a less costly and simpler package. It's always good to have options out there for those wishing their costume to be a bit easier on the wallet. Personally, I'm getting Hyperdyne's. I like knowing I'll have the best available, and will have given my business to a professional who behaves like one.

Last edited by a moderator:
hyperdyne said:
judz, if you want your RF to go faster I can give you an upgrade chip for that. How much faster, 2x, 3x?

My worry is that the faster it goes the more stress on the RF linkage. But just so you know that it can be done!!

2x would be great. It would be about the same speed as the homing position speed. That's a good speed, and doesn't stress the linkage. Let me know how much, where to PayPal, and how to put it in. Thanks.
smilie_smile.gif

judz, I think 2x will be doable. If you want to get a chip, just send me an email: hyperdyne@hyperdynelabs.com

I wont charge you for the chip. All you will have to do is pop the controller chip out of its socket and install the new one in the same fashion (noting direction). It's pretty easy once you look at it...

judz dwedd said:
2x would be great. It would be about the same speed as the homing position speed. That's a good speed, and doesn't stress the linkage. Let me know how much, where to PayPal, and how to put it in. Thanks.
smilie_smile.gif

crisisfilms said:
I may be in for one of these, I'll have to check :D Also Hyperdyne, do you still ahve the servo setup available? If so, how much?

I do have the servo controller boards still available, you can get much more info on what I have off my site page:
http://www.hyperdynelabs.com/products_elec_bountyHunterServo.php

The wireless RC boards I dont have in stock but can still get. Or you can order one online if you want to save a couple bucks and do the wireless hookup yourself. Let me know if you have any other questions.

hyperdyne said:
judz, I think 2x will be doable. If you want to get a chip, just send me an email: hyperdyne@hyperdynelabs.com

I wont charge you for the chip. All you will have to do is pop the controller chip out of its socket and install the new one in the same fashion (noting direction). It's pretty easy once you look at it...

You ROCK ! ....email sent.
smilie_biggrin.gif

Yes I can. I have a couple boards here now waiting to be finished. I am just waiting for my shipment of tilt switches to arrive. I should be getting them any day. Once I have them watch this space for pics!!

bobafett669 said:
So back to the topic. . . . . Can anyone make the Flashing mercury switch Rangefinder LED kits?

Hi guys,

I finally got a prototype of the RF display circuit running. I actually redesigned the board, so it will be tad different. The one below is the working proto:

fettled1.jpg

I am basically reworking the battery holder to see if I can make it more compact and all on one board.

Again, this board has 4 different LED sequences (selectable via the jumper pins shown). It also has a hyperbright white LED on the backside of the board.

Here are a couple movies showing the board working with the tilt switch.

http://www.hyperdynelabs.com/misc/fettrfled1.avi
http://www.hyperdynelabs.com/misc/fettrfled2.avi

Let me know what you think. These are going to be $60 +shipping. If I get enough interest brewing I will do a small batch of them. Email me if you have any questions!

Jim

Looks good but concerned about the jumpers sticking out on the side. I may nit fit into the rangefinder. Also where is the wire running to? I assume the battery but we need a selfcontained battery unit so something like the round 3V batteries mounted on the back side. What is this one running off of?

Can you measure the width across including the jumpers?

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back