Brokk's Pre-Pro 2 Build (WiP)

Helmet revisited:

Revisited the helmet for some touch ups, mainly added more of the fine silver dotting were I could make them out on the reference photos. The big area that was missing was the collection of dotting behind the right ear on the dome. It stands out really well do to how it has a pretty flat top to the detail. Rest of the dotting was on the face and cheek areas.
View attachment 204035View attachment 204036View attachment 204037View attachment 204038

Left gauntlet/flamer
Attached the mountings to the gauntlet, while not entirely accurate, it's still beautiful. Mainly wanted to see how my metal flamer body design held up while independently mounted to the gauntlet itself. In the photos, all the attachments are held on by tension.

View attachment 204039View attachment 204040View attachment 204041Follow me on instagram for more @fett_eastwood

To be continued...
What yellow paint did you use for this gauntlet?

What yellow paint did you use for this gauntlet?
So I used Rustoleum Tuscan Sun- that's currently what's on the 3D printed one you see in the pic. I found the can at Lowes- it's a gloss enamel, so after I let it cure, I cut the gloss off with steel wool rubs

The ABS replacement that's coming will likely have a different tone.

Gloves

Thanks to Major , the Pre Pro 2 Gloves are finally assembled. Next step is tinting the white padding to match the references.

Screenshot_20210819-212249_Gallery.jpg

Neckseal:

Neckseal has successfully been attached to the flight suit!

20210814_131226.jpg

Lastly, I should be receiving my hard parts back soon to start placement on the vest & getting things placed properly on my body.

Phenomenal paint work by jbdubz

Almost every speckle, smear, shade is practically there. What I love the most is how my hand formed "C" dent looks with silver on the shoulder bell
IMG_3321.jpg
IMG_3334.jpg
IMG_3316.jpg
IMG_3142.jpg

Soo awesome !! I love how random all the paintwork was on the pre pro. So interesting. Your build is going to be so dope. You also have the stature for pre pro. It’s going to look fantastic.
Shane

Everything looks great so far! If I were you, I would also do the true Pre-Pro #2 abdominal plate as backup:
Original PP2.jpg

Note that the abdominal plate was added by me.

Here's the armor (now with the Pre-Pro #1 left chest plate) from the Blu-ray extra:
Boba-Fett-Promotional-Armor-2-06.png

Thank you all for the feedback!

Soo awesome !! I love how random all the paintwork was on the pre pro. So interesting. Your build is going to be so dope. You also have the stature for pre pro. It’s going to look fantastic.
Shane

Hell ya, the paint work pattern is so messy, like it was done by a kid- really random. I admittedly practiced a lot of the poses when I got the flight suit back- planning to have the crl be presented with poses mimicking the Kenner photos.

Everything looks great so far! If I were you, I would also do the true Pre-Pro #2 abdominal plate as backup:
View attachment 214469

Note that the abdominal plate was added by me.

Here's the armor (now with the Pre-Pro #1 left chest plate) from the Blu-ray extra:
View attachment 214470
Ya I'll probably do one later on. I hesitate to call it true- our main references have been the Kenner building photos which are the staple to what we know as the Pre Pro 2

Gloves:

This past week, I worked on the gloves as I got them back recently from Villianworks (Major via BHG), whose mother got the quilting sewen on for me.

The main goal was to tint the quilting fabric to match the refs. To do this, I boiled some water and added a tea bag, hoping that would counter any pink hue the Coco Brown RIT dye likes to do, as I knew excess dye was going to be released from the gloves. After a test it looked good and I went for it. I'm happy with the results

Before
Resized_20210905_164741.jpeg

After:
20210906_130216.jpg

I'll need to go back and add a snapp button closure and darken the circle patches

State of the build:
Did a partial suit up yesterday to see how things fit. I'm so happy with the aesthetic & getting to look like how the PP2 model wears the gear. We're getting close, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

If you follow me on Instagram, you've probably seen a few of these. Here some unreleased ones also.

Next time I do this suit up, the Armor will be attached, plus the jetpack. To note, these are not the finale gauntlets- but I do partially love the narrowness of the right one.
20210907_140601.jpg
20210907_140549.jpg
20210907_140636.jpg
20210907_135648.jpg
20210907_135643.jpg
20210907_135657.jpg

20210907_135718.jpg

I really love how well it looks! Can't wait to see you equipped with the armor and jetpack too. I hope that the 4th shin tool is just a placeholder and not the final version.

Thanks all for the feedback!

I really love how well it looks! Can't wait to see you equipped with the armor and jetpack too. I hope that the 4th shin tool is just a placeholder and not the final version.

Ya the Shin tools and gauntlets are place holders. I'm going to start revising the Shin tools next

Very cool. Is it known why the left gauntlet was redesigned for the later costumes?

That's a great question and one unfortunately we may never know. If I had to guess, it was more top heavy with a metal rocket being mounted. That's how mine felt somewhat

One possible reason was that the Supertrooper/Pre-Pro #1 flamethrower was a bit hazardous (Duwayne Dunham's arm was caught on fire when he ignited the flamethrower during the Supertrooper presentation) and they decided to redo the flamethrower, but also to modify the left gauntlet. The modification is in the The Boba Fett progress report (the N.B. at the 1st suit), but no reason is given:
Boba-Fett-Costume-Documentation-Progress-Report-01.jpg

One possible reason was that the Supertrooper/Pre-Pro #1 flamethrower was a bit hazardous (Duwayne Dunham's arm was caught on fire when he ignited the flamethrower during the Supertrooper presentation) and they decided to redo the flamethrower, but also to modify the left gauntlet. The modification is in the The Boba Fett progress report (the N.B. at the 1st suit), but no reason is given:
View attachment 215013

That's terrifying lol, partly the reason why I will probably never attempt to make mine functional- I'd disintegrate myself. I wonder if the extra step level in the Pre Pro 2 gauntlet housed something inside.
------------

Page 1 Check list:

I went through the page 1 check list and updated a handful of things.

Dude you are crushing it! I have been neglecting my PrePro2 thread while I got my Din djarin costume done. I'm pretty much done with it though, just have the first suit up butterflies if you know what I mean. Whenever I get done with a major costume I kind of just look at it for a while before putting it all on and finding out how much work I still have to do to it to make it strong, movable, wearable and looking right.

That being said, well done, you have been a huge inspiration to me, keep up the stellar work!

This thread is more than 4 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back