BobaFett-based Armor WIP

MandoServe247

New Hunter
Torso Armor Template Evaluation

Just a little background about me - I'm seeking approval with Mandalorian Mercs but basing my armor heavily on Boba Fett. With very little commentary coming in from the Mandalorian Mercs post, I'm hoping ya'll from the Dented Helmet can chime in on what I have for armor so far.

I've used the WizardOfFlight Templates for my armor pieces. I've managed to put together, albiet loosely, my torso armor pieces cut out of cardboard and further curved with duck-taping floral wire. Those armor pieces being the collar plate, chest plates, diamond, ab plate, shoulder bells, back plate, kidney plate, and cod plate. I would like them checked for size and position. As for other armor pieces like the knee plates and gauntlets, I've already created them out of 3mm sintra. I need only sizing of the armor pieces as articualted on.

Please comment and make suggestions for improvements on what I have. Your input is very appreciated as I want to look the part without any major issues. That being said, any issues, big or small, please comment. After the armor pieces have been ok'd, I will proceed to construct them out of 3mm sintra.

Thank you!!
port=download&id=10NHtaL_TiXyiExgy8ZVdC0vCjdhWxBBO.jpg

port=download&id=17SPwk1tAxxTDYOwmojwy2iwwM_7gkFlq.jpg

port=download&id=1ArisoR2c8F0gszn91Gvg2GW27YyXWLks.jpg

port=download&id=1KavvXxFXo1ioCewTWRi5YEb_zCKSd8AZ.jpg

port=download&id=1NvN4xYu3-VLd3m3KQj2Vh4xtpZMyJHBr.jpg

port=download&id=1QNk72SibR_rzCjsUBULcFz1qkH3L3IF_.jpg

port=download&id=1TxvS47UtoCkBN6Ac0-9yzFoOrU_iEh9n.jpg

port=download&id=1ZPexCVdIShrz8CioyL_UmOukP7e3igjf.jpg

port=download&id=1iC7q4EjPNietwN8eqNzAww8uixbbaViX.jpg

port=download&id=1torlMjIhWmtVebC-3eTdN8zO9ArvJu6I.jpg

port=download&id=1xxjS1SrjxAxQFhKGU9C-GWIyKWbzrDyg.jpg

port=download&id=1yfv76XdOSItx38BbYRbirj2x-RAGujIU.jpg

Last edited:
Hey bro. I'm not a Merc but I'm in BC in your merc division area. The armor looks good. I think you would be gtg with that.
I noticed the helmet visor looks a thinner than Fetts.

Hello there!

As is stands currently - you're off to a pretty good start!
Collar and torso armor look to be a pretty good size for your build - though is slightly hard to tell with it being a little askew. That being said, I know the struggle of trying to do all of this yourself without a set of extra hands ha

Once you cut those out of sintra and form them - you may end up having to trim a little off of them but I could go ahead at start those.

Back plate is definitely too large for you. I would suggest trimming about a half inch of the outer edges of the back plate and you should be good there as well. The length of it looks fine.

Hey bro. I'm not a Merc but I'm in BC in your merc division area. The armor looks good. I think you would be gtg with that.

Cool Brent - maybe one day, we'll have a run-in with each other. Thanks for the encouragement.

I noticed the helmet visor looks a thinner than Fetts.

Yes, you make an accurate observation. I've scratch-built my lid out of cardboard - some proportions are off.

Hello there! As is stands currently - you're off to a pretty good start! Collar and torso armor look to be a pretty good size for your build - though is slightly hard to tell with it being a little askew. That being said, I know the struggle of trying to do all of this yourself without a set of extra hands ha...

Hey that's great to know!! Awesome.

...Once you cut those out of sintra and form them - you may end up having to trim a little off of them but I could go ahead at start those...

Yes, absolutely. I've placed them properly and had to trim the width of my ab plate so that they don't touch the 'fangs' of the chest plates.

Back plate is definitely too large for you. I would suggest trimming about a half inch of the outer edges of the back plate and you should be good there as well. The length of it looks fine.

Man Mythos Fenn - you're dead on in your instructions. I just met up with a buddy of mine to help me mold my backplate. I recieved instructions from my armour evaulator to do just what you said to do. Indeed, the shoulder outer edges leading to the middle of the side portions needed to be carved out. A nice curvature was left. I am now very pleased with my backplate. Thanks Mythos Fenn for chiming in.

port=download&id=1hKj7fhEaXsOPZTBiJ9_DcOt7yKVLiMtP.jpg

WizardofFlight Boba Fett Armor Pieces

Shin tools, rocket, knee darts, gauntlet darts, casio keypad are 3D printed, purchased from Shapeways.

Range Finder, Gauntlets and knee plates are scratch-built following after WizardofFlight templates.

I'm liking Din Djarin's handplates - threw those in.

With the backplate completed, I'm in a good spot...

Torso Armor pieces Cut from 3mm sintra

port=download&id=1TxxqkuDpcYBgIRLB8ZN-0cjJHD5CM38c.jpg

Torso Armor pieces shaped with heat gun

port=download&id=1QHreLzYg0Qt1XYHJBBOoEmwlPH4ccYQg.jpg

Gap in cod plate filled in with industrial strength putty - plastiweld

port=download&id=1SjP-fYOX_mHV0FTDbalB_t5kJ2t7ZZQe.jpg

Range Finder with housing for Light Electronics

Light Electronics purchased from Etsy.

port=download&id=1RZSDApqDveZrcUno46FBMPML4JiePcT-.jpg

port=download&id=1hVpi-UTQ511qSbkALAChu2ZnFQZa_3Pq.jpg

Thought I'd share some more about my build. cheers mates!!​

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back