Boba Fett ROTJ Helmet Stencils

Hey Raf, the damage templates for these modified back panels looks to be more updated than the ones you have in the main post of this thread. Have you updated the stencils but not posted the changes here, yet?

The modified stencils are the v1 ones, while the stencils from the 1st post are the v2 (the better ones). I will update the modified files in the next few days.

The modified stencils are the v1 ones, while the stencils from the 1st post are the v2 (the better ones). I will update the modified files in the next few days.
Highlighting what I mean in red. This will be in the update?

dif.png

Highlighting what I mean in red. This will be in the update?

If you look closely in the files from the 1st post, you will notice that there are 4 colors vs. 3 colors in the modified files. Some of the silver scratches are replaced by the base gray color and also I added the misted transition between colors.

Sorry for what may be a noob question but I am about to tackle my ROTJ Hero helmet paintup and I don't want to make a mistake.

I was hunched over my computer for hours yesterday looking at paint threads, stencils, and reference photos and feeling overwhelmed. The stencils have been so incredibly valuable to paint all of my Armor and Jet Pack. I could not have done it without them. But when it comes to the helmet, looking over what I know think to be the version 2.0 ROTJ stencil, I felt like there is no way I can do this. There is so much shading. How do you mask shading as separate colors? I had no idea how I could do it. Then as I was printing stencils I noticed a 3 color stencil labeled RWH which only had 1 grey the dark one. ( I had no idea there was a version 1 and 2-once I read the thread I figured it out, I had only been looking at the stencils)

So what I think I am going to do is use the 3 color RWH stencil to first do the silver, then substitute the light grey where it shows to do dark grey, then finally mist the dark grey in the areas that the 4 color stencil shows that it should be. So in essence I will be doing the light and dark greys at the same time, not separating them as two separate mask offs. Does this sound like I am on the right track? I see so many threads where people show the silver mask off and then all of a sudden the back panels are done. Jayvees had a step in between where it looks like clouds, like there was light and dark at the same time so this is how I am thinking he did it. Thoughts? Comments? Thanks

I've been reading up on the stenciling process, and was curious how to USE the stencils.
Are they just reference, or do they get applied onto the helmet, etc?
Sorry for the noob question. :)

Usually these are transferred with carbon paper, but some use it for reference. Here's a great thread of a ROTJ paint job ==>*UPDATE 2013* WIP : Jayvee's 'lil' chunk of ROTJ love' paint up.
Sorry again for sounding greenbellied here... : )
But with those stencils, would one be printing out the whole stencil, background color and all, and apply it to the helmet, or using photo software, remove say, all the green from that stencil, and just apply the scuff/damage weathering that's left?

Raf-

AMAZING work!!! :love: Using these stencils for my 1st attempt at painting a ROTJ bucket.

Sent you a PM with some questions. Hope you can help me out.

Raf-

AMAZING work!!! :love: Using these stencils for my 1st attempt at painting a ROTJ bucket.

Sent you a PM with some questions. Hope you can help me out.
Jimmy2guns, Raf's stencils were absolutely essential in helping my first ROTJ paint job as well.
20200715_232644.jpg
Good luck on yours, and I am anxious to see your results! : )
Here is the progress of that if you're interested.

Jimmy2guns, Raf's stencils were absolutely essential in helping my first ROTJ paint job as well.
View attachment 194511
Good luck on yours, and I am anxious to see your results! : )
Here is the progress of that if you're interested.

Thanks for the kind words! Your helmet came out great!

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back