Boba Fett Helmet Blueprints/Templates

Awesome stuff, wizard. Can't wait to make my own helmet to wear to the new Star Wars premiere. However, I'm running into a 404 on the letter size pattern - any chance you have a mirror for the download? The updated ear and dome patterns work fine. Thanks so much.

I add the files directly to the post and removed the external links. Don't know why the external links died.

Alan

Awesome stuff, wizard. Can't wait to make my own helmet to wear to the new Star Wars premiere. However, I'm running into a 404 on the letter size pattern - any chance you have a mirror for the download? The updated ear and dome patterns work fine. Thanks so much.

I don't get it, how is the helmet so smooth when it's cardboard scratchbuild? Are you using a pretty thin cardboard?
Ps: I can't figure out how to do the cheekbones

Has anyone, besides me, had trouble with the dome? I assumed that all wizardofflight's templates (love the templates soo much, btw) are to scale and proportional to each other. Thus far they have been except for the dome. I have made 4 domes so far using this template, 2 out of card stock and 2 out of thin card board (the back of sketchbooks) and they all come up an inch and a half short. Is there a way to re-scale the dome pdf to fit my helmet? Does anyone have suggestions?? As a side note, I haven't made any modifications to the other helmet templates.

Has anyone, besides me, had trouble with the dome? I assumed that all wizardofflight's templates (love the templates soo much, btw) are to scale and proportional to each other. Thus far they have been except for the dome. I have made 4 domes so far using this template, 2 out of card stock and 2 out of thin card board (the back of sketchbooks) and they all come up an inch and a half short. Is there a way to re-scale the dome pdf to fit my helmet? Does anyone have suggestions?? As a side note, I haven't made any modifications to the other helmet templates.

I have made two helmets from WOF templates and I found that the head band was short by about an inch at the back, the dome I had no issues with, the trick with the dome is to get the curvature the same on each side the helmet its self is not a perfect dome it has a slightly sharper curve at the back than the front so this will cause alignment issue, try curving the back half first the make the front after. do maybe three slices at a time... if you try and do 5 or 6 slices at a time it can be a handful....slow and steady win the race with the dome, took me about a week between drying each section to get it right... (y)

I used card stock and "chip board" but I think the gray board recommended above would work well. The card stock is a little flimsy and needed support while resin coating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! what materials should i use? cardboard, cardstock, paper?

I recommend illustration board, preferably hot press. Available at most hobby stores or art supply stores. Can be bent/curved easily if pulled over an edge like you would do to curl ribbon. I've seen folks here wet one side, not sure if that works for illustration board though.

hi
im new on this site, but i just wanted to say thankyou to you for your great templates.
over the past 2 years ive been putting together my scratch built mando armour and your template was a real life saver. I went to Star Wars Celebration Europe and got some real compliments.
so thanks again P7140062.JPGP7150032.JPG

Hello,

Man that's killer!! glad that the templates were of use. You have some excellent skills.

Have a great day.

Alan

hi
im new on this site, but i just wanted to say thankyou to you for your great templates.
over the past 2 years ive been putting together my scratch built mando armour and your template was a real life saver. I went to Star Wars Celebration Europe and got some real compliments.
so thanks againView attachment 101840View attachment 101841

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back