Boba Fett ESB Helmet Paint Up by Fettastic

I was able to do the spatter, rust, and grease stain on the right side of the helmet as well as attach my RF topper. For the spatter I ended up using 3 different colors. I wet a brush with relatively stiff bristles with the paint I want to spatter. Then I'll flip the brush upside down, and brush my finger across the top of the bristles to flick the paint. I practice on a scratch piece right before moving to the helmet to make sure the effect and consistency of the spatter is correct. Then after I get the effect I want, I'll go back in and topically apply the more predominant spatters and shape them as best I can to reference pictures. It's really stressful but fun. I also do the stock un-attached to the helmet since there is a lot more rust on it.

IMG_5756_zpspzjodm1w.jpg

Full%20Front%201_zpsfne4yo26.jpg

Here's a front shot with some different lighting.

Since the holidays I didn't have anytime to sit down and do any Boba work until yesterday. I finished the last details to this lid and as far as the exterior goes, I'm calling it finished

The last of it includes some very subtle details like the crack on the black cheek area...

FullSizeRender%207_zpsojhxp3z4.jpg

FullSizeRender%2010_zps20eegyyp.jpg

and the rangefinder topper with the perspex block and view finder...

FullSizeRender%2042_zps3hc2eok4.jpg

FullSizeRender%2044_zpshdbw7j7b.jpg

and the very subtle yellow stains/over spray near the killstripes

FullSizeRender%2012_zpscw4mr5pd.jpg

FullSizeRender%2036_zpswiejfxje.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
*slow clap*
I love these paint up threads from those of you who've mastered the process. It's dangerous though...you make it look so easy that I almost think I can do it as well.

This is some awesome paint work. I'm gonna have to hire out everything

*slow clap*
I love these paint up threads from those of you who've mastered the process. It's dangerous though...you make it look so easy that I almost think I can do it as well.

Thanks guys! As you are well aware, there are many very talented painters on this forum for both armor and helmets and a lot of them do take on commissions. However, I would encourage you to try doing it yourself if you don't mind a small investment for paint and time (there is a learning curve). You never know, you may have the knack for it and if anything else may really enjoy the process. If you are interested in my services feel free to PM me on here anytime ;)

Fantastic Fettastic. this lid is great, you ve talent brutha

It's amazing. Congratulations buddy.

this is fettastic

Much appreciated guys!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back