Then I tackled the other panel. This one took longer to get ready since it was already a bit too high (thick if you prefer). I had to aggressively sand it before cutting out and cementing the styrene layer on top. Then I added sides to the higher layer to give it some much needed definition. The areas with exposed hot glue are getting the bondo treatment. I also added a layer to the rangefinder supporting ear part.
Oh! I also got a couple of nice dents 3D printed to replace the current one on the helmet. The previous one I had prepared to use turned out to be mirrored by accident, and so now one of these will get a coat of XTC-3D and installed in the helmet. I can see the end.
Sorry guys, I've been intending to get back to this since I have more free time supposedly; but what with a new job and burnout it obviously hasn't been happening much. I'm also currently away at a conference but once I get back from that (I had a chance to display my first scratch build, which got an overwhelmingly positive response from people, it was great ) I'll get back to this. I've also been beginning work on the jetpack, but that is a separate story. Anyways, thought it was past due for an update.
At this point there is only a few areas that need to be retouched, as well as a few 'covers' to glue on, plastic sheets to put on both of the cheeks and one as the left ear detail piece which you would mount the ear onto, and also to cover up the line you can see on the left ear side. Its nearly there!