Jet Pack Any smaller guys out there?

PropReplicator2

Active Hunter
So I’m a smaller guy 5’9” no shoes, and was wondering what JP options were out there for smaller guys? I am currently building my personal one from scratch but was just curious as i have found nobody who sells smaller ones...

Thanks
Mike M.

Is 5'9 considered small in the US? lol I'm that size and I'm very tall here in Chile haha.
Good luck on your search though.

PapaFett I am 195lbs and 5'7. 5'9 in costume and here is what Fett Seven jetpack looks like on me. It is smaller compared to DVR and works for smaller statue Fetts. Solid quality, it has taken a few hits again the door frames without any issues. So do not hesitate to send him a message.

1jetpack.jpg

Last edited:
PapaFett I am 195lbs and 5'9 in costume and here is what Fett Seven jetpack looks like on me. It is smaller compared to DVR and works for smaller statue Fetts. Solid quality, it has taken a few hits again the door frames without any issues. So do not hesitate to send him a message.

View attachment 154446

Nice picture, and sweet pack! What is the width from thruster tip to thruster tip?

Last edited:
5'9 is more average size to me lol. I am 5'8" Honestly i think the Fettseven/NME pack is on the small size and usually recommend it to folks 5'6" and under. When you look at the ESB promo shots and the pack size compared to Jeremy's size, the pack is much wider.
ESB promo.jpg

I am 5' 8". This is a DVH pack, which is one of the larger ones. As you can see the width is perfect (I have broad shoulders), but it is a tad too tall. At 5'9", it should fit fine.

Shorter than 5'8", I would definitely go with a smaller pack. Wasted Fett's Sideshow pack is on the smaller side.

The real trick with the pack is not so much the size as it is making sure that the mounting clips are in the right place. You want the base of the rocket to match up with the top of the back armor. To do this, you will need to suit up with the harness and have someone line the pack up and mark where the clips should go.

The size of the pack doesn't matter near as much as getting this alignment right.

Clmayfield thanks for posting that photo with your measurements. I'm built very similar to you but I'm 5' 9" and I've been concerned that my DVH pack will be to big when it arrives since I keep hearing how it's on the larger side. Based on your photo it looks like I wont have to worry about the size.

Just because I haven't seen the pack represented yet, here's me in my FettPride jetpack. I'm 5'9.5" barefoot and 155 lbs.

31214456681_a93e6ce4c2_c.jpg

The DVH is looking like the best size thinking of JB's size as a six footer (ish) and slim. Anyone out there got a BM can comment? It looks lovely but I've never seen the sizing on one.

Clmayfield thanks for posting that photo with your measurements. I'm built very similar to you but I'm 5' 9" and I've been concerned that my DVH pack will be to big when it arrives since I keep hearing how it's on the larger side. Based on your photo it looks like I wont have to worry about the size.

Drax, You'll be getting the new DVH V3 which is about an inch smaller height wise and about 1/2" more shallow towards the bottom than the V1 and V2, so id bet you'll be fine. These pics are in progress pics from a few weeks back, but you can see the size difference. V2 on the left, V3 in progress on the right.

IMG_1442.JPG IMG_1441.JPG

I am smaller than that and have a MOW pack. fits just fine. I do put some lifts in my boots just to give me some more height in the outfit.

MOW bros!

Drax, You'll be getting the new DVH V3 which is about an inch smaller height wise and about 1/2" more shallow towards the bottom than the V1 and V2, so id bet you'll be fine. These pics are in progress pics from a few weeks back, but you can see the size difference. V2 on the left, V3 in progress on the right.

View attachment 154479 View attachment 154480

I might need to look into that V3 down the road. Looks awesome.

I am 5' 7" and have the DVH pack here in the UK, it's a really nice kit & really well made but I think looks too big on my back. (I imported it 2yrs ago so am unsure which version it is - defo an older bigger one) I've been thinking about the MOW model as it's smaller and half the weight at 4Kilos. I am unsure if the UKG will be happy to clear an MOW pack though but have not put the question to them as yet.

Mine would really suit somebody bigger & could handle the extra weight too.

Les Scott Aston 111.jpg

I am 5' 7" and have the DVH pack here in the UK, it's a really nice kit & really well made but I think looks too big on my back. (I imported it 2yrs ago so am unsure which version it is - defo an older bigger one) I've been thinking about the MOW model as it's smaller and half the weight at 4Kilos. I am unsure if the UKG will be happy to clear an MOW pack though but have not put the question to them as yet.

Mine would really suit somebody bigger & could handle the extra weight too.

View attachment 154546

If you (or anyone else with a V1 or V2) wants to upgrade to the slightly smaller V3, i will give you a discounted price. I can only do kits though, still not taking orders for completed packs until i get the current ones done and out.

That said, i dont think it looks to big on you really. If you look at the ESB promo photo i posted, you can see the pack looks pretty large in comparison to Jeremys body. Of all of the packs ive seen in person, i think they are all smaller than they should be either overall, or in just width. I used the measurements from the heilmann photos (in the gallry) of a production made pack when i did mine...in hind sight, perspective from the tape measure in those pics being on the table and taking into consideration the thickness of the JP..i realized my original measurements could have been slightly off, but i think the V3 is the perfect size being shorter than my previous versions but keeping the width. The V3 will also be lighter as the thrusters will be hollow and now that im using regular gelcoat rather than resin as a gelcoat. All that said, its up to you though. I think it looks really good on you size wise, and overall.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back