AFFO$'s PAINT LIST FOR THE AIRBRUSH CHALLENGED

I'm looking to use the ROTJ paint list, though from what I can tell, Polly Scale Grimy Black seems to be discontinued. Now on Testors' website they have a Model Master Grimy Black acrylic, so I'm wondering if this paint is or could be used as a replacement for the Polly Scale.

Thanks for the list and keeping it updated. I'm experimenting with a few new colors from Valspar and I think I'm getting some pretty good results. I'll post them up when I finish some.

Silly question, though: is it better to hit the glossier paints with Dull Cote, or just lightly sand with #0000 steel wool instead?

Fair Warning: I got a can of the Tamiya Mustard Yellow off Amazon. It attaches to and strips the Spruce Green paint. I tried it twice and it literally strips the paint off - maybe I got a bad can that has too much solvent.

Gotta start over on the dome :( I'll stick to a mixture of the Rustoleum paints for the kill stripes.

Fair Warning: I got a can of the Tamiya Mustard Yellow off Amazon. It attaches to and strips the Spruce Green paint. I tried it twice and it literally strips the paint off - maybe I got a bad can that has too much solvent.

Gotta start over on the dome :( I'll stick to a mixture of the Rustoleum paints for the kill stripes.

I'm sorry about that. No, you didn't get a bad can. The Tamiya paint doesn't adhere to the Rustoleum very well. It's designed for polycarbonate plastic (R/C Racecars). I meant to update the killstripe paint and got side tracked. What I use now is Valspar Flat Caramel Honey. It's compatible with the Rustoleum.

Hah no way. I used that for my knees and shoulders.
I ended up using the rustoleum striping paint. I'll go back in and brush in the details.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back