Jet Pack ESB Jetpack paint up"How-to" w/color list!

I have updated the color list for this paint up. Check out the first post in the thread and step 5. the process is pretty much the same, but the final outcome is a much lighter color, more in line with the ESB promo shots which have been determined to be more accurate than we originally thought. This is a newer paint up:
IMG_9577 copy cut out copy.png

Thanks guys!

yes i will do a ROTJ one soon..and when its complete i'll put it up for sale. I didnt manage to take photos of those last ROTJ commissioned ones, so i'll have to do a fresh one.

Hi Lou - Any suggestions for a method of attaching the piano keys? My brain is doing backflips trying to figure out how to clamp them or keep pressure on them while glue dries.

Hi Lou - Any suggestions for a method of attaching the piano keys? My brain is doing backflips trying to figure out how to clamp them or keep pressure on them while glue dries.

For MOW packs and my packs i use zap-a-gap (ca glue) with the zip kicker. i put the glue on the pack and spray the back of the piano key sections with the zip kicker and i only have to hold it for about 3 seconds. When i was out of the zip kicker, i still used the zap-a-gap, but put it on a little more sparingly and i just held it down for a couple of minutes. You can also use a heat gun and carefully heat them up just a little bit, until its slightly bendable so you can hold it in place for a few seconds get it to sit perfect. then it should be super easy to glue.

For MOW packs and my packs i use zap-a-gap (ca glue) with the zip kicker. i put the glue on the pack and spray the back of the piano key sections with the zip kicker and i only have to hold it for about 3 seconds. When i was out of the zip kicker, i still used the zap-a-gap, but put it on a little more sparingly and i just held it down for a couple of minutes. You can also use a heat gun and carefully heat them up just a little bit, until its slightly bendable so you can hold it in place for a few seconds get it to sit perfect. then it should be super easy to glue.

Aaah yes. I'll check my hardware store to see if they have the kicker. Thanks!

I needed to repaint my jetpack but wasn't confident that I could make it work. This guide made it easy and I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Thanks for sharing. For someone who makes money doing this, it's a big deal to reveal your secrets and techniques like this. You're a real asset to the Boba Fett community!!

I needed to repaint my jetpack but wasn't confident that I could make it work. This guide made it easy and I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Thanks for sharing. For someone who makes money doing this, it's a big deal to reveal your secrets and techniques like this. You're a real asset to the Boba Fett community!!

Thanks man i really appreciate that. I feel that helping folks be able to do things themselves is just as important, if not more important than making money on this. I always want to help folks out, and always do the best i can at that whenever someone messages me with questions on thier build. This is a community ive been a part of for almost 10yrs now and its given so much to me, the least i can do is give back!

I've been wanting too but have been on the last of the backlog almost non stop. I dont think im doing another painted ROTJ till December, but i will try and get a HOW=TO done for them!

Can someone who's done this give me an idea of the mixture for "MM Panzer Olive Grun mixed with the RLM76 and a little Humbrol 27 (grey) which is the final green tone." ? Are we talking 1:1 with the Olive Gun and RLM76?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back