A New and Disturbing Trend at TDH - ALL PLEASE READ!

Bump. We could all benefit from rereading this...
This is me posting as me not as a moderator and is not the views opinions of TDH!

I don’t disagree, so maybe when someone says that “plastic” you’re “sculpting on” looks like someone’s armor pull and not just a sheet of bent plastic. You take some pictures of the “plastic” from behind and other angles to prove your work. People on therpf and TDH have been at this for years and that’s why people post their WIP threads to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they made what they made. Not just to show off their handy work.

This is me posting as me not as a moderator and is not the views opinions of TDH!

I don’t disagree, so maybe when someone says that “plastic” you’re “sculpting on” looks like someone’s armor pull and not just a sheet of bent plastic. You take some pictures of the “plastic” from behind and other angles to prove your work. People on therpf and TDH have been at this for years and that’s why people post their WIP threads to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they made what they made. Not just to show off their handy work.
I very much respect your response.

I plan on doing this soon to clean up my reputation. Thank you Dom for the response. I can totally understand that people want to be clear about what is being made to protect the interest of other makers.

thank you!

I plan on doing this soon to clean up my reputation. Thank you Dom for the response. I can totally understand that people want to be clear about what is being made to protect the interest of other makers.

thank you!
I think in doing so you’ll be able to legitimize yourself more so...people get all riled up and point fingers. And I get both sides of said finger pointing. Shoot if I painted something and someone claimed they painted it I’d be a little frazzled. And I’m sure you can appropriate that as well. In the age of cell phones with the ability to take 10 megapixel images that can upload their images to a post there’s no reason for not replying to a post questioning your process with anything but a picture of the plastic and clay. Replying with the rules say I don’t have to... is a bit childish. And concerning to onlookers. Like it would seem like you’re hiding behind the rules. Wouldn’t it?

I think in doing so you’ll be able to legitimize yourself more so...people get all riled up and point fingers. And I get both sides of said finger pointing. Shoot if I painted something and someone claimed they painted it I’d be a little frazzled. And I’m sure you can appropriate that as well. In the age of cell phones with the ability to take 10 megapixel images that can upload their images to a post there’s no reason for not replying to a post questioning your process with anything but a picture of the plastic and clay. Replying with the rules say I don’t have to... is a bit childish. And concerning to onlookers. Like it would seem like you’re hiding behind the rules. Wouldn’t it?

Definitely I can see how I would be coming off to people in the pews. Ill have to dig up all this stuff and post a thread ASAP. It just seemed in the beginning that it was a witch-hunt rather than just wanting to know the truth.

Thank you for the insight!

The community is overly welcoming to new producers and members. I think the issue is when new producers come into the community and are unwilling to answer questions about issues that can be easily cleared up or explained. In your case, it goes back to the clay being sculpted over armor. You refused to answer directly or post clear pictures of the painted armor underneath. Along with that discussions with a member discussing plans to use Fett Pride armor’s dents in your resized armor are serious red flags. These questions went unanswered and instead members of the community were blocked from viewing your Instagram. Then you posted over at TheBHG. net that Wasted Fett was lying about the lineage of his Jango Fett helmet. Yours and his both come from the preproduction mold and then you wanted to continue a conversation in private when it was pointed out there were some differences in helmets you claimed were both Jango lineage kits that clearly are different helmets.

Having more choices for the community and especially offering pre production stunt shoulders from the auction you won is a huge benefit to the community. So it isn’t as much as a personal “witch hunt” but protecting other people’s assets and protecting the community.

In the past few months, others, and I, both admins and regular members alike have noticed a rather disturbing trend here at TDH. As a growing board, we are losing our unique and vital ability to be close-knit and helpful to one another. Members, both new and old, in general, are more cynical than ever, and quick to attack others, especially our new members. Earlier this year we asked for donations for a booth at C4. You all gave VERY generously and we couldn’t be more grateful. The point and purpose of having a booth was to draw new members, as new members are the life of the board. Eventually old timers fall away or move on to other things and it is the constant influx of “newbies” that keep us alive. You all gave and we spent a tremendous amount of money to market this board so that we will continue to have new members in the future. We have made great efforts to make ourselves known and to help get new members to visit. However, as a whole, we are not providing a warm and inviting atmosphere that will make a potential member want to hang around for very long. Are newbies frustrating? Yes, they can be. They ask questions that we have answered a thousand times or get all excited and want to share a “new” discovery they have made, one that we made 2 or 3 years ago. If you love TDH and want to see it continue to grow, we all, not just the administration, but all of our members, MUST try to empathize with these new members and try to be helpful whenever possible. Try to see things from their perspective and even if you can’t be excited about their “discoveries”, be excited for them and remember how excited when you were, so many years ago when you were at the same point they are now. Also, as you know, this board is not run the way many boards are run and it takes time for a new person to acclimate themselves to our culture. While we don’t want to bend the rules, we don’t have to cram them down every newbies throat or chide them incessantly when they break one. Be patient with them as the administration often is patient with you. Help them to understand our rules and why we have them. Don’t simply criticize a new member for not following them.

This is a call to bring TDH back to what made us great to begin with; fellow Fett fans helping each other out to create the greatest Fett costumes the costuming community has ever seen! Each and everyone one of you are TDH. You ARE the board and without any one of you, the board would not be the same. Please make sure that your contributions are helping make TDH an open and inviting place for our new members, not den of cold and impersonal hardcases.

D
can someone explain to me where i need to go cuz i want to start making my boba fett armour and since im in highschool, careers are the second biggest thing to worry bout. i just want some tips and thats it. But i cant bounty hunt when i dont have armour.

Thedude, are you aiming towards a career in fugitive apprehension and wanting to do so in mandalorian armor? While I applaud your focus on a future while in high school, wanting to deal with dangerous people while wearing a restrictive and fictionally designed outfit will only lead to your own injury or possible death. We'd be all too happy to help you and guide you towards building your own costume to wear but I have to advise you that this will serve no practical function in the real world career as a bounty hunter.

can someone explain to me where i need to go cuz i want to start making my boba fett armour and since im in highschool, careers are the second biggest thing to worry bout. i just want some tips and thats it. But i cant bounty hunt when i dont have armour.
Download the armour pdf files in this thread, you can then create armour using them printed out on paper as templates

Talk about a blast from the past! Sadly, not much has changed.

I recall when it was people I'm happy to have put in the review-view vs other I'm happy to have put in the review-view. The cliques and the keyboard commando wars that went on for years with those people broke quite a few talented people (who left the hobby forever), divided this community, and created life-long bitterness and resentment in more than one person. Thankfully that particular fight is in the past, although it is unfortunate that every single major player from both sides is no longer a member of this community.

I see us being on the verge of it all happening again. I see lines being drawn and sides being chosen. This is avoidable and each and every person here has a choice to make about how they are going to respond and interact with their fellow Fett fans.

That previous fight, mentioned above, was a very unpleasant time for me as I had friends on both sides and banned friends on both sides. That was 12 years ago and my willingness to tolerate such things has decreased sharply in the interim.

We all have a passion for the same thing. That is why we are here.
Be good to one another. Be kind. Be patient.
Old-timers, help guide the new guys. New guys, listen to what the old-timers have to say.
If you can't, know this; I will not allow the open hostility we saw before. You will simply be gone.

Ill be the first to do it then and i wont try to do it, i will do it
We don’t condone the use of real life working armor or weapons. If that’s what you’re truest after this isn’t the place for you. If you wanna make a super accurate movie replica this is however the place for you.

Ill be the first to do it then and i wont try to do it, i will do it

While we appreciate your enthusiasm, you aren't hearing us.

This community is not the place to build ANY functional weaponry or armor that possesses any type of real-world offensive or defensive value. We certainly can't stop you from building such things (although we strongly discourage it), but you can't discuss or show it off here. This is simply not the community for that. Please do not pursue this line of thought further.

Look im not going to gloat bout it anymore but i would like to continue to get support on how to make the armour. Thank u for telling me how u think bout my idea. I will build my armour how i want it to be built but i wont show it off.
While we appreciate your enthusiasm, you aren't hearing us.

This community is not the place to build ANY functional weaponry or armor that possesses any type of real-world offensive or defensive value. We certainly can't stop you from building such things (although we strongly discourage it), but you can't discuss or show it off here. This is simply not the community for that. Please do not pursue this line of thought further.

Look im not going to gloat bout it anymore but i would like to continue to get support on how to make the armour. Thank u for telling me how u think bout my idea. I will build my armour how i want it to be built but i wont show it off.
Chill out and take a breath Thedude. You will be removed from the forum with a tone like that.
Did you print the pdf files off I posted the other day?

I meant like how i would build it. Im not gonba make it till im out of school. I just wanted to know where to go and i was helped and i thank everyone for that

thank you!
Everything that Dom just said you should do is exactly the same thing I told you months ago! You could have avoided so much hassle if you had just done that back when I said.

I agree with "you" and I have personally been on the business/crappy end of that mud slingin here on TDH. The WIPs that I do are to show that my designs are my designs and how they came to be! I'm grateful to be able to do this full time and I'm always willing to show any process of prop making if it can help someone else get to that next level! But the reality is that much of the time it is to show authenticity of my work!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back