I have been putting the helmet paint up on hold for a while now.
The helmet Im painting is my MS1 which I got way back in 05 if I remember right, so it's been naked for way too long.
One of the first things to tackle on thE MS was its key slots and rounded cheak/mandibles, I did this with my trusty micro dremel and files..
The key slots I had to completely rebuild using plastic card and epoxy ( I don't have any local photos of that build as I did that years ago... Maybe on a hard drive somewhere)
As always with any paint up it starts with lots of prep... And lots of photo research. Oh and some super awesome templates from Rafalfett.
First step past sanding and washing was patching up the first set of damage marks/ scratches that I put on for what was going to be an ESB paint up. Because I'm building a ROTJ and I'm not a great fan of the SE Fett setup the scratches had to go and the correct ones had to be applied, I found the micro dremel great for this.
When I was happy with the amount of damage I set about priming the helmet, for this I used Rustolums red primer
Here is the rattle can color I used
Have to say I really like this color.
Last edited by a moderator: