zam's shoes ...pradas

Okay, in response to the question about Prada sizing...

My Pradas are a size 37 and should be a size 7 US. Normally, I wear a size 7 1/2 Medium width - so naturally, I was worried about them fitting (But I got a pretty good deal on the price...) They fit me fine. Because of the way these boots are shaped, the toe part is pretty roomy. I do find that the back/heel part is tighter than I would normally wear (though I don't normally wear boots either) but is nothing uncomfortable. The overall length is perfectly fine as well.

And just for the record Langsuir666 ... I'm officialy jealous of your footwear! ;) How on earth did you manage to get a pair of brown Pradas? I've never seen those before! Ever!!! They look a little worn too.. cool! :D

I just got my Prada's too.....just put them on for the first time and holy narrow heel! Actually the area above the front part of the arch is fairly snug too. Usually I have the exact opposite problem with footwear being too wide or too sloppy. I think I might have to take them to be stretched a little. Length wise though.....it's allllll good.

Sounds like they may work then. I could always see if they can be stretched in the heal a little bit.
If anything, if I can't stand them I could always offer them up here to someone they'd fit better.

Hehe - I have a bad feeling Me*gonk found the pair I spotted :( Maybe some more will turn up though. About 3 new pair were put up for auction today but they are all way too small for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanted to post a pic of my boots so far... still dont' have the purple inserts done...

zamboots.jpg

And here with a sort of "mock-up" with the shin and toe guards. Yeah... I know they aren't velcroed down yet... and yes the one shin guard has a bolt missing on the left side (it broke off when I took it apart and I haven't replaced it yet).

zamguards2.jpg

Yep! looking well smart!

What have you used on the shin guards?

Some people say to use leather but I'm uncertain as what they're made from?
On the close ups from the exhibition they don't look leather but in some promotional shots they do :confused

Ooooooooh!! Looking awesome!!! How did you do your shins? I love the look of them! Really nice job

While I would love to take credit for the shins... I can't. Mr. MonCal must step up once again as the Grand-Zam-Master! :D I only added a bit more weathering to them and used the good-ol' Rub-n-Buff on the silver part.

Note: The flash on the camera washed out the colors a bit on that pic, they aren't quite so lavender looking and the brown on the boots is lighter than in real life too!

me*gonk: The shoes would work in a pinch, but they aren't that close to the Zam boots. I think I would keep looking for something closer before spending that kind of money on something not that accurate. Just my 2 cents.

I wish I could just give you the name of the producer of my shoes and you guys could refurb them, but they were from a thrift store, and the inner sides with their name got worn out. My soles are exactly like hers as is the stitching. They modified her shoe tops or had them produced differently the uppers like duck boots with an elastic I think. From the promo shots, there is the "twirling zam" pic I had dubbed ~that shows how her rubber sole has an arrow on it. I wish I could do a crop but don't have time atm.

That was sorta my thought on the ones at REI as well. If it gets down to it and I can't find something better I could go with them. I kinda like them as regular shoes too ;)
I think we're going there today for something completely unrelated so I'm going to look at what they have in the store.

Guess what i have on my feet!!?!? Hahahahhaa!!!!!!!!!!! I love getting new bits lol!

Pradas are a bit narrow though eh?! That or i must have really wide feet! Im trying to stretch them a bit with a big pair of socks and wearing them doing the ironing lol!!!!

Pradas are a bit narrow though eh?! That or i must have really wide feet!

You've got fat feet... Like the rest of us! :lol:

Try some shoe stretchers... Target here carries them, about $6-10 each I think. Congrats! Mine are narrow a bit in the heel - but stiff since I haven't worn them that much and they were "New" when I bought them. Maybe I need to go hiking or something... ;)

any comments on this pair of pradas?

edited this post because the shoes were way off and not worth mentioning any more, however....

Last edited by a moderator:
I found these pradas and picked them up for zam purposes....

i know they are not the exact boot, but they have the same profile and sole. I plan on doing a bit of customizing to them like removing the nylon section and cutting down the shaft to be about an inch below the shin guards. I was thinking velcroing the shin guards to the actual outside of the boot shaft that was left. once the laces are covered with the leather details and other pieces i think they will work pretty nice...the funny thing is they are mens boots. we had some issues locating the correct prada in ladies and when searching found these mens boots in a small size that sported the correct outsole and profile...just another choice for those who cant find the actual womans boots.

e44d_1.jpg

my wife was a little reserved cause they were guys boots...but i think once put together she will be pleasantly surprised:D

Yep.. those are much better! Nothing wrong with those boots - the shin guard assembly will cover up the laces. They are a little thick at the top, but if you cut them down like you said, you shouldn't have a problem getting the shin guard assembly around them!

You can tell your wife that they are more comfortable than the women's boots anyway... the heel is quite narrow on the women's boots! Great find!

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back