WIP for Hannah's RotJ Fett build

SeaMarshall

Hunter
Hey Folks,

Thought I might rejuvenate this thread. I have been asked to paint up Hannah's ROTJ helmet. I will be starting the helmet prep this week and ordering the paint colors soon. I will be using this "paint by colors" approach, as it has helped me complete my own ESB paint up. Here is the file but I'm sure you've all seen it before:



I was recently given the helmet from Syper and I am flattered to have been asked to assist in this endeavor. As I work on this thread, I will likely ask the other folks involved to show their work to keep things moving. I have just finished my ESB and will be taking it out for a spin this weekend. I am very interested in studying the ROTJ costume and am excited to start this paint up.

If you or others have already started work on Hannah's kit, I would love to see your progress.

Thanks everyone! I look forward to the helmet prep this week!
 

SeaMarshall

Hunter
A little bit of prep work on the helmet. Got the visor and key slots cut out, filed, and sanded. Helmet and accessories are sanded down ready for base coats, but still need to dremel out the dent. A little more prep work coming up for the ears and rangefinder on the next update.

Ddl30Da.jpg
 

Artakha

Active Hunter
Don't forget to modify the rangefinder as the lens on top of the perspex block isn't found on ROTJ. Great start!
 

SeaMarshall

Hunter
Don't forget to modify the rangefinder as the lens on top of the perspex block isn't found on ROTJ. Great start!
Good catch. I haven't done as much research on the ROTJ helm. To be honest, I'm wondering if the RF should upgrade to aluminum and get the proper translucent topper. If that doesn't happen by the end of the paint up, I'll do what I can with the resin.

Just put in the order for paints. Arrival some time in the coming weeks!
 

Artakha

Active Hunter
Good catch. I haven't done as much research on the ROTJ helm. To be honest, I'm wondering if the RF should upgrade to aluminum and get the proper translucent topper. If that doesn't happen by the end of the paint up, I'll do what I can with the resin.

Just put in the order for paints. Arrival some time in the coming weeks!
I may be able to help you out with a perspex block, although granted I don't know if it would fit inside the housing, although I also make those too. And if the RF isn't reinforced then I would definitely say get an aluminum piece.
 

SeaMarshall

Hunter
I may be able to help you out with a perspex block, although granted I don't know if it would fit inside the housing, although I also make those too. And if the RF isn't reinforced then I would definitely say get an aluminum piece.
I'd just want to do a one stop shop for antenna stalk, topper, and perspex block. I'm sure whatever the base is would work with the ears already provided with the helmet. The resin antenna is reinforced in the middle, but the aluminum is a better aesthetic choice.
 

hvacdon

Active Hunter
Just checking.....How's Hannah's build coming along ? Would love to see some progress pics SM !
 

DW Design

Active Hunter
I just finished up on the Jetpack today. :)
It was a labor of love and am honored to be able to help on this project.
Darren

Jetpack1.jpg


Jetpack2.jpg


Jetpack3.jpg
 

SeaMarshall

Hunter
Completed this paint up a while back, my first ROTJ, on an NME Mercenary helmet, medium size I believe. The helmet has since moved hands to finalize range finder, circuit board bits for key slots, and visor.

m6XNp52m.jpg
YYZEo9qm.jpg

YyekKifm.jpg
FBp2uTrm.jpg
 
Last edited:

Syper

Active Hunter
Brother >> [U]hvacdon[/U] << you need to be hired as a project leader somewhere if your not already. Hell, pack your bags, move to the SF-Bay Area and I'll hire you np.

Ok so once the braids came in from Woodman, we then officially fron the first time had everything we needed!!! so very thankful to everyone!

we did however suffer a few setbacks on the painting of the armor and gauntlets and while we have had a great show of support from our awesome and amazing members they too have work, families and real life issues that come up at the worse times so no problem, we do are best and march.

Hannah's gauntlets suffered some unfortunate damage during assembly and had to be replaced all together, luckily for us I was able to buy a whole new set that had already been painted in rolt colors so those are good to go with maybe just a bit more padding needing to be installed during her next test fitting.

Next up is the armor: as of this past weekend they were all sanded, primed and painted with a silver top coat. Chuck (aka Sea_Marshall) will be masking in the liquid latex and I'll be adding the green base coat as soon as possible now that my son's Ant-Man suit is complete.

So once we complete the armor and attach to pin backs, I'll schedule what should the final soft parts test fit and we can also attach the armor on the same day.
 
Top