Where do you put your voice amp?

e3kehoe

Active Hunter
im just curious as to where and how others with full kits and amplifiers have them set up? I used to have mine in one of the pouches but seem weird to have the sound coming out of my crotch LOL.. looking for other ideas..

I use the hip pouch but am thnking of changing it and putting a small speaker behind the Abb plate like the original set up.

I just picked up a bluetooth wireless one. Normally I had one wired to the pouch. I really want to figure out a way to have it in the chest. The amp is so damn thick though. I’m considering disassembling the case and seeing if I can wire the speaker under the chest diamond. Just wondering if anyone has done something like this?

Im a total newb as far as this stuff goes, but I got acheap bluetooth mic in my helmet, and then went an alternate route. Without the plate on it that rests against your backplate (leaving the jetpack “open”), the jetpack is a big giant echo chamber. I velcrod my amolifier inside of it turned it up about 3/4 of the way and when my voice comes out it’s daaaaamn loud. It has the added benefit of having my voice come from nowhere in particular, just like a big ambient speaker playing in a radius with me in the center. Whether the person was in front, behind, or to the side of me it was still pretty loud. But im a newbie still heh

My original setup was the traditional headset mic, with the wire running under my neck seal and vest, down to the amp in hip pouch. I’ve since switched to Bluetooth. I’ve built a rig where I keep the amp in my hip pouch, but I’ve removed the speaker to make it lighter. I then ran wiring up into the vest with a small speaker behind the right (my right) chest plate.
The idea works, but I can’t find a speaker with a small enough profile that can handle the 10 watts of the amp.

I ran into another Fett at Celeb. Orlando 2017 who had a great sounding setup, I think using some kind of Altech Bluetooth amp but I’m not sure. The one I’d found didn’t work very well.

I use an arduino wireless sound board, which is stowed away in the JP, I keep the speaker in my right hip pouch, and operate with a key fob.

I have a wireless transmitter in my EE3 and the sound board is behind my left chest plate and the speaker is behind the 3 holes in my ab plate. .

This is an early prototype. the newer version has an onboard amp and a 3.5mm headphone jack that can plug into an external amp for more volume. I plan on making a glove pushbutton setup for these eventually selling them if there is enough interest.

O M G!
take my money fry 29062019204956.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back