What Paint Colors? RESOLVED -Now BKBT Build Log

You can dirty it up by painting the creases with earth tone acrylics and rubbing off when almost dry, building up in layers.

Wear patterns are a little trickier and you would need to visualize what would take wear and tear. Any raised features or exposed edges is a good place to start.

Use a fine grit sandpaper and go in a circular motion so you don’t create obvious lines. I like to use either 400 grit or a maroon scotch brite pad.

I went a little more aggressive on my gun belt and used a mouse sander LIGHTLY

Probably.

I didn’t really do any on mine since the leather is dark and wouldn’t really be seen. I may still go back and do this though in the future

This is my first full suit up. I was able to get everything on and off by myself.

I see I have a few tweaks to make but I still have a couple of days
E0F717F6-C91E-4E76-A9AA-CCFF9731CDCA.jpeg

If you go back a page or two in this thread you will see that I took a different approach and treated it as an armor pice rather than a leg wrap. Everything is glued to a base form that I can slip my foot through. I just added random wrinkles when I glued down my leather.

If you go back a page or two in this thread you will see that I took a different approach and treated it as an armor pice rather than a leg wrap. Everything is glued to a base form that I can slip my foot through. I just added random wrinkles when I glued down my leather.
Oh gotcha...looks awesome, man! What would you charge for making one of those for a fellow hunter?

I hadn’t really thought about that. I would need to look at material costs and time. Also the way I did it might not work for everyone and I may need to redesign

Time for the tweaks. I had to shorten the sling belt considerably as I raised my cummerbund to shorten the spacing between belt and chest armor. I have a long torso and shorter legs so I had to play around with spacing a bit to offset this.
I think I am happy with this now.
IMG_1519.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, Skycosplay for the soft parts. I can't say how impressed I was with the material and quality. There are a few things I would have done differently if I was designing from scratch but when I get around to modding these parts I will post my solutions.
One of the items is the cumberbund, I see no reason for it to be a separate piece and not part of the flightsuit. I ended up using velcro for positioning in the front and a pair of black suspenders to keep the back from sagging and exposing itself under the vest.

Cutting down on layers cant be bad right?
I made my vest and cummerbund. I put Velcro on the inside of the vest and outside the cummerbund so it would stay put and I could adjust the spacing up or down like you mention above.
My original flight suit top was an airsoft battle shirt that has compression on the torso but sturdy ripstop sleeves so it wasnt as much of a concern.

Are you thinking cut off the flight suit top under the chest and sew or Velcro the cummerbund for fewer layers?

Last question for you. How was the skycostume sizing in relation to the chart? spot on? size up?

Thanks!!!

Yes I was thinking of combining the suit and cummerbund into one piece and adding a full length zip. The only other change I would make is replacing the zipper on the vest with a sturdier one. If I was designing from scratch I would have changed the pants to coveralls so there would be no chance of sagging.

the sizing seemed pretty good but I ordered a size up so I could throw it in a hot dryer to shrink a bit and give if a worn look. I was also a few pounds heavier when I first ordered and things were snug. Now I need to take my pants in a bit again.

Halloween night. Now that I have had this on for a couple of hours it is time to make some improvements. I'll post them here as I go.
46344E0D-0E3C-4B02-BC69-ED97F0E7E65B.jpeg

Last edited:
Now that my build is mostly finished, is there a particular area or process anyone has questions about or would like me to go into more detail?

i found what paints were used on the screen worn costume. They are all Montanna brand and the ones I found so far are bermuda, deep sea, and shock white.

Yes, I came across the same info on Youtube from Panda Props. I think if I ever get around to doing more work on the armor then I will repaint. I might just get a can or two for testing and see how close I was able to get.

A few small details that I added tonight. I didn't have all of my ammo machined for the gun belt so I finished this off today. Like the leg armor, I opted to use double faced tape to secure these so I don't have them moving around or accidentally lose one. I'm calling the gunbelt done until I print my blaster and then I can do the final wet form on the holster.
IMG_1574.jpg
IMG_1573.jpg

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back