What’s happened to Woodman?

Helotech

Hunter
Hey all,

Does anyone know what happened to Woodman? I paid for Wookiee braids and girth belts in Feb this year and haven’t heard anything back. I’ve messaged him several times and no response. Just wondering if I should take remedial actions?

No need to take remedial actions! Woodman is a great dude and a solid member of this community. He has other projects going on besides braids. He will come through. He always does.

Thanks

Thanks.
I've read good things about him.
I understand these are basically "cottage / garage" industries, but I do get a little peeved when I pay allot of money and receive no feedback for a long time.

That's completely understandable. Good communication should be present when delays happen. You're entitled to that because you did pay up front. Hope he can get caught up with you shortly!

I ordered some ROTJ braids in July and I did get a reply in early September that he's working on them. These are replacements for ones I've already got on my ROTJ kit so I'm not necessarily in a hurry. If you've been waiting since February I should probably hunker down and stay patient. I've always heard he's solid so I think he'll come through...

Thanks for the feedback guys. A little communication goes a long way. If he reads this, then it is more of a constructive feedback to him. A simple chat message back is all it takes.

Hi Helotech
I agree with the rest on this thread in that Woodman is a great guy. I will say he stated for me that the braids would take about 4 weeks. I paid for mine on January 14th, 2021 and didn't get them till April 15th, 2021. So 91 days. Like most I was a bit concerned after not hearing anything after the first 60 days. But I also knew Woodman was an honorable guy and WELL respected amongst many here on TDH!

And I can say his Braids are indeed worth that wait!
Woodman - ROTJ Wookie Braids.jpg

I hope all works out well for you!
1632596227207.png

Regards,
-Iron

Yeah don’t worry, it’s normal to pay for an order and not hear back for months. I ordered in January and every few months have been told that my order is coming up “next week”, “next Friday”, and “next”. Again, all normal.

Last edited:
Woodman did get back to me, and it is very much appreciated.
I understand he is very busy, and the only thing that kept me from being PO'd was the fact everyone on this website vouched for him. So reputation is everything! :)
In my job as a military Flight Engineer in the RCAF, we have what we call constructive criticism when we train and mentor new people. It is meant to improve performance, and not to belittle, put down, or make the person angry or upset. The new people learn to accept the criticism as part of the job, and they strive to be better or improve.
We also call it giving someone a "Sh*t sandwich". We say something nice, something that needs improving, and ending with another nice comment.

That being said, my constructive criticism for Woodman is:
1. You apparently make awesome products.
2. Attempt to stay in touch more with your customers. Most people are forgiving if they get communication. We all know everyone is busy / tired / on vacation / need a break from this, etc, etc. Life does get in the way of our hobbies and business.
3. If the workload is too much, tailor your business to your capability to produce products.
4. Your reputation precedes you, which says allot in my books. I am willing to wait a while for my products now that you have reached out. I really look forward to getting them when they arrive.

Thank you everyone.

Dave

Woodman did get back to me, and it is very much appreciated.
I understand he is very busy, and the only thing that kept me from being PO'd was the fact everyone on this website vouched for him. So reputation is everything! :)
In my job as a military Flight Engineer in the RCAF, we have what we call constructive criticism when we train and mentor new people. It is meant to improve performance, and not to belittle, put down, or make the person angry or upset. The new people learn to accept the criticism as part of the job, and they strive to be better or improve.
We also call it giving someone a "Sh*t sandwich". We say something nice, something that needs improving, and ending with another nice comment.

That being said, my constructive criticism for Woodman is:
1. You apparently make awesome products.
2. Attempt to stay in touch more with your customers. Most people are forgiving if they get communication. We all know everyone is busy / tired / on vacation / need a break from this, etc, etc. Life does get in the way of our hobbies and business.
3. If the workload is too much, tailor your business to your capability to produce products.
4. Your reputation precedes you, which says allot in my books. I am willing to wait a while for my products now that you have reached out. I really look forward to getting them when they arrive.

Thank you everyone.

Dave
Well stated and I agree 100%. I ordered some ROTJ braids back in July and I'm sitting tight only because his reputation proceeded him and I know he'll deliver. You're absolutely right that a little communication goes a long way though. I'm coming around to year end reviews in my organization and am going to remember your "Sh*t sandwich" approach. Love it :)

LOL. Thanks!
Careful when you implement the sandwich protocol. Some people don't understand it and are offended when you correct them. They think you are picking on them or saying they are wrong, when you are actually trying to help them.

I actually use this when discussing house "issues" with the wife. She came around and actually recognizes when I am doing this to her and laughs.

She actually uses this technique now. When we go to restaurants and there is actually something wrong with the meal, she delivers a good poop-sub to the server. The servers are happy to hear two positive things and one negative. Usually gets us a free dessert, a free glass of wine.
Conversation goes something like this:
Waitress: "How is your meal so far?"
Wife: "That appetizer was amazing! Please tell the chef's the shrimp were perfect. But I think this glass of prosecco has lost it's fizz and tastes a little flat. We can't wait for the main course as we heard from our friends the pasta is fantastic. You guys really know your sauces!"
Waitress: "Why thank you so much. Here, let me get you another glass of bubbly and it will be on the house. I'll let the chef's know you are enjoying everything."

BAMM! Free glass of $15 bubbly.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back