The elusive studs that secure the holster... Help

Darth Mule

Active Hunter
k... So I read the post about ohiotravelbag.com having a more accurate, smaller stud that the Sam Browne studs available thru tandy. Problem is, ohiotravelbag requires a $75.00 minimum order and unfortunately I have no buyers in my area that I can go thru to get them. Does anyone have any suggestions or other outlets for these pieces. Preferrably something I can mail order.

-Chris

Try your local leather shop. Not Tandy, either. I just finally got my leather belts, holsters and pouches from my leather guy today. If you want I can go buy a bunch of studs and mail them to you. I'll find out how much they cost. Probably pennies. I'm not sure if you are particular about stud size, but I like how mine turned out. I'll see if I can get some pictures posted tomorrow. I think the little studs are about 1/8" in diameter.

That would be great. The studs I currently have are 1/4" in diameter. BIG... I'm fairly certain there isn't a local leather place around where I live, so please find out some prices for me, and post those pics when you get a chance. By then I should know for sure if there is a local shop here. But like I said. I'm fairly certain there isn't or my work would go thru them fairly regularly.

-Chris

Skalen Fehl said:
Try your local leather shop. Not Tandy, either. I just finally got my leather belts, holsters and pouches from my leather guy today. If you want I can go buy a bunch of studs and mail them to you. I'll find out how much they cost. Probably pennies. I'm not sure if you are particular about stud size, but I like how mine turned out. I'll see if I can get some pictures posted tomorrow. I think the little studs are about 1/8" in diameter.

Skalen, PM sent.

I'd love to get two of the small studs if you can get them. Please let me know if this is possible as soon as you're able.

Thanks,

Shea

Skalen, thanks for the help. I lucked up tho. It just so happened that my work was placing an order to ohiotravelbag, so I got me some studs out of it. These are much better than the Sam Browne studs you get at tandy. I did pick up some extras too, so if anyone needs some, PM me. I only have about 12 extras, so that's enough for 2 sets of holsters.

Well, I was after these to fix up my customs (based on the jango rig) for an actual jango for JangoSilva. I had to make black ones brown. And decided to upgrade the studs as well. Here's some pics... Both before (black) and after (jango brown with new stud buttons).

prop 007.jpg

holster (1).jpg

Got my 6 studs a couple of days ago and they look awesome. 100% better than those Tandy studs. Nice antiqued brass finish too, but I would probably go with regular brass if I had to do it over again-like the shine! Many thanks Darth Mule and well worth the $.

Cruzer

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back