Superjedi's FPH2 SE for Andreas Koch

There are reference shots of the SE helmet on display at exhibits from years ago. A lot of those pics are hosted right here on TDH in the media galleries. :) (y)
Thanks! Being new to the site, Im still having a hard time navigating my way around or knowing where to look for what. But Ive learned so much already!

I finished the right side of the brow area.
Now it's on to the mandibles!

20200413_155728.jpg

Before starting the right mandible, I went back and added the pale contrasting gray that's scattered around the helmet.
In the front shot you can see it in the dent and the big scrape on the top of the dome. In the rear shot you can see it in various places all over the rear half of the helmet.

20200415_183508.jpg 20200415_183444.jpg

You're welcome. I think it's kind of artsy looking, lol.

Ok, the right mandible is finished now, so that concludes all of the basic painting on the helmet itself. :D
I still have a couple of weathering effects to do, but I'll work on the ears next.

20200417_194112.jpg

You're welcome. I think it's kind of artsy looking, lol.

Ok, the right mandible is finished now, so that concludes all of the basic painting on the helmet itself. :D
I still have a couple of weathering effects to do, but I'll work on the ears next.

View attachment 188575
If you enlarge basically any surface of the helmet you can hang it on the wall and it will be very cool modern art.

Maybe that is another business idea right there... Boba weathering paintings^^

Quick rangefinder update.
My customer sent a Bobamaker RF setup with this FPH2 helmet. It fits great, and arrived preassembled so all it needed was to have the small chips and scratches added. I haven't weathered the stalk yet in these shots.

20200417_220325.jpg

Thanks!

The next stage of ear work involves adding the black and white arches. Here's the RF ear cap prepped and airbrushed with black. Once this dries I'll mask this and the left ear for the white arches.

20200419_073332.jpg

Thanks!

I finished the RF ear cap.

20200420_043050.jpg

The small stripes on the silver portion, as well as the other small black markings on the ears, are dry transfers that I designed and had produced. They're included with all my ESB commissions, but they're also for sale in the cargo hold. Grab a set if you want to snazz up your helmet. :cry:(y)

Here's the left ear, which completes all painting!
There are still washes and spatter effects to do, but I can give my paint brushes a little breather. :p

20200420_172114.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back