Superjedi's FPH2 SE for Andreas Koch

I've never kept track of the hours. My paint schedule is afternoons after work and weekends. My usual average is around 40 days from start to finish.
I am beginning to see why tries to do such a good job in making sure new members like myself understand that Boba should be a ... well reflected choice. :) Thank you!

Yes, Boba takes a lot of work for sure. (y)

I finished the left cheek with its SE damage. The whole left side of this helmet just took a beating!

20200405_125807.jpg

Thanks. :)

I did the right side of the band today, so that completes everything behind the ears!

View attachment 188347

I also did the "tape damage" effect on the killstripe side. This is subtle, but when the light hits it at a certain angle, it brightens up.

View attachment 188348
Are you doing the tape damage with tape or free hand? Also... do you add paint topical to do that or remove paint to expose deeper layers.

Either way im just amazed at your work.... ive bee looking at ESB footage lately and its all there!

Thanks! The tape damage is done topically with a fine liner brush. I do almost everything topically, with the exception of the two main colors on the rear panels.

I apologize if this question is obvious or well known...
How did the thumbprints actually get on there? Is that known?
And how do you apply them?

I've never heard a definitive answer, but it certainly appears as though some white paint dripped onto the helmet and was smeared, like someone tried to wipe it off.
I apply them with a small brush and slightly thinned white acrylic.

Thanks Don. :)

I finished the left side of the brow area this afternoon. I also added some putty to the crack repair to give it some dimensionality. The detailing includes simulated epoxy oozing out from the crack.

20200412_171742.jpg 20200412_171727.jpg

Thanks Don. :)

I finished the left side of the brow area this afternoon. I also added some putty to the crack repair to give it some dimensionality. The detailing includes simulated epoxy oozing out from the crack.

View attachment 188445 View attachment 188446
Now I get it! Of course.....
I was wondering why you painted the area before adding the crack repair but of course the crack would have occured and been fixed on the original way after it was painted!

Didnt they touch it up afterwards?

And how do we know all of this anyways? Isnt the ESB Hero helmet pretty hard to come by?

In the expos ive only seen thd RotJ helmet around

...And how do we know all of this anyways? Isnt the ESB Hero helmet pretty hard to come by?

In the expos ive only seen thd RotJ helmet around

There are reference shots of the SE helmet on display at exhibits from years ago. A lot of those pics are hosted right here on TDH in the media galleries. :) (y)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back