Superjedi's FP Budget ESB for Mynock

Thanks very much, gents. :)
The helmet is being packed up in a few more hours to be sent out to Mynock.

Is it weird that I tend to get a little sad to see one of these go out the door?
Maybe I'll just keep it instead! :lol:

Kidding, Mynock. . . please don't disintegrate me!

Heheheh. I would not blame you for keeping it, given how much work you put into it, though I would probably send in a mando commando squad to retrieve it! :)

Not a nicer paint up out there. As fast as he knocks these out, I'm convinced that he actually uses elf labor in the wee hours. Beautiful!

Syllander, sshhhhhh! Don't wake the elves! ;)

Mynock, I decided not to keep the helmet after all. Just got back from the post office
a little while ago. Please provide the helmet with a good home. Make sure you take it
for walks every once in a while, and give it a nice cozy shelf to sleep on. :lol:

Thanks again. :)

Fantastic sj! Glad you posted here on the BHG too. This forum needs a little love.

Interesting. It must have been someone else who shared the build over at the BHG. I don't even have
access to the page since I'm not a 501st member. But it's cool to hear about where things turn up. (y)

Superjedi is a true master of the Force.

Why?

Because, there is no way to explain how else he was able to produce this STUNNING, STUNNING MASTERPIECE that I have sitting in front of me..... I drove 120 miles there and back today to pick up the helmet, having been waiting for the confirmation email from the pickup location. And, as soon as I took it out of the box, I was floored. Honestly, guys. The photos DO NOT DO IT JUSTICE. None at all. You have to see this for yourself!

The packaging was superb also; the helmet arrived in a large box, packed with peanuts, and another box containing the helmet carefully wrapped in a soft fabric like material and bubble wrap inside this box. The RF stalk and RF were individually wrapped in the same type of packaging, and labeled. In short, the way the helmet was packaged, it would have survived an orbital drop! So, thanks for that also!

After getting home and dragging my jaw through the door into the house after me, I mustered enough concentration to instal the little blinker unit I got from the TDH member "salamander king" into the RF (less than 5 minutes of work! this thing fits perfectly inside with no modification necessary), and put the helmet on display. I will be installing padding, fan and most likely my EAS super hearing system shortly.

In the meantime, here are some shots.

20140818_160106-2_med.jpg

20140818_160125-2_med.jpg

20140818_161649-2_med.jpg

20140818_161708-2_med.jpg

20140818_161725-2_med.jpg

And here, the two Mando hunters side by side..... separated by nearly 4,000 years of history :)

20140818_160036_med.jpg

Lastly, Eric, you have transformed a cast that sat untouched in the closet for nearly two years with no completion plans in sight into my most prized Star Wars possession. I cannot thank you enough! :)

Taras, glad it got there safely! It's always a huge relief to know that nothing was
damaged in transit.

Thanks so much for the kind words. I hope you enjoy the helmet for years to come
and I look forward to seeing you sport your Fett gear at C VII next April! (y)

You sir have some truly awesome skills, I love how you paint smaller sections one at a time. I will definitely take that into consideration when I start my next bucket build!!!

Thanks very much. :)
I think some people might find that looking at the entire helmet makes it seem like an
overwhelming task to paint it. With tools like RafalFett's awesome stencils available,
it's much easier to take on individual sections and do the paintwork in chunks.
Of course, this is simpler with the ESB version, as a lot of the damage appears in
"stand alone" patches. The PP2 (or ROTJ) has a lot more misting and layering going on.

Once the Boba Bug bites Man, it's useless to resist! I checked out Mynocks den impressive work to say the least. Love the sixth acolyte. My fav pic is the 5 of them on the mantel , looks like a museum quality display. Outstanding!

Once the Boba Bug bites Man, it's useless to resist! I checked out Mynocks den impressive work to say the least. Love the sixth acolyte. My fav pic is the 5 of them on the mantel , looks like a museum quality display. Outstanding!

Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad people visit the site and enjoy the content. :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back