Studio Scale 15” Jet Pack Patterns

even with my own scratch build it has that flared look, I used screen shots to do all my templates and some measurements from Raf as well, keep looking at screen shots as I find that is always helpful.
good luck as I know from my first build was a big challenge, and as I thought it looked good, it ended up in the fire after my current make.:)

Hi Malkavian
if Iam correct it is 70mm PVC tube that I used, but thats the best i could find size wise, but if I am correct with my screen shots it should be 3 inches or about 76mm, but the 70mm I was lucky the caps that I had Previously made fit spot on. still i say Raf is the best to decide.

Here is a pic of my pack

20160321_234706.jpg

is there any problem with making the pack and then later once I have the frame and the back panel and then cut the brackets in to the jet pack and hide the attachments????

Keep it light! and if you are using the original style harness to go with the pack pay close attention to where the hooks go (y)

Thought id load my beginning pictures of my pack using your templates. thoughts?
I didn't take a lot of step by step pics it started coming together so fast that I got super excited.
tapatalk_1469464893310.jpgreceived_10154353681932438.jpegreceived_10154353683567438.jpegreceived_10154353684067438.jpegreceived_10154353974627438.jpegreceived_10154353975672438.jpeg

Question the spot where the top "deck" of the jetpack meets the vertical pack of the pack is it supposed to be a sharp angle there or an eased fillet there?
I've seen pictures going either way. anyone chime in on a 501 point of view?
if it is to be eased anyone have a good idea of how to do so and keep it light? thinking putting that much bondo will make it heavy.

the top deck should have a fillet going to the curved backing, the fillet doesn't need to be big. The backing should have some nice curves to it.

Hey guys,
i got some big sizing issues....
first there is the Letter to A4 problem...after a while it seems to be okay for me. I have to print everything "split to multiple pages" and scale at "66,2%".
Now that i've lost every faith in myself i have an idiot question....just to make sure!
If we talk about 15" to 17" jetpack size (43cm in my case) we talk about these measurement, right?!

Top not bottom
Jetpack Size.jpg

Studio Scale 15” Jetpack Patterns

I have finally posted the studio scale 15” wide jet pack Beta Version patterns, they are still a bit rough. I haven’t yet had the chance to cut and paste this baby together and I don’t know when I’ll get the chance in the next couple of months, but I didn’t want to just sit on them so here they are.

If anyone gives them a try, let me know and I’ll help work out any issues that might pop up.

Well I have finally converted the files to standard 8.5 X 11, it took 56 pages to capture it all. This is a PDF file that will print out full size, there are a few sheets in the begining that show how to pieces together the puzzle. One area that might cause some confussion are the panels that cover the side tanks. The covers needed two pages, but only a small section is on the second page. I will try to post a pic showing how the two sheets fit together.

Alan

And here's the result. The pattern really helped me out here. Thanks very much for that.

IMG_20170921_142206.jpg

Studio Scale 15” Jetpack Patterns

I have finally posted the studio scale 15” wide jet pack Beta Version patterns, they are still a bit rough. I haven’t yet had the chance to cut and paste this baby together and I don’t know when I’ll get the chance in the next couple of months, but I didn’t want to just sit on them so here they are.

If anyone gives them a try, let me know and I’ll help work out any issues that might pop up.

Well I have finally converted the files to standard 8.5 X 11, it took 56 pages to capture it all. This is a PDF file that will print out full size, there are a few sheets in the begining that show how to pieces together the puzzle. One area that might cause some confussion are the panels that cover the side tanks. The covers needed two pages, but only a small section is on the second page. I will try to post a pic showing how the two sheets fit together.

Alan
Hi, I'm new to builds and a little confused with some of the blu prints and what goes where. The green dotted lines mean what?
When you look on the bottom overhead, it shows box like bottom with a shaped centre gap, how do you make that?
How do you make the bottom (goes to back) have the different levels? What goes between the bottom (back part) leading to the Middle circar jet. On the over head look it looks like a long sausage, if you know what I mean. The curved edges I get with waht looks like a worm (I'm asuming the panels next to the centre Tube jet). I can't find anywhere a vid showing how these templates are made into foam or PVC?Again I'm new but so eager to learn. Thanks in kind.
Any vids showing how to apply these plans would be a GOD send

Hey guys,
i got some big sizing issues....
first there is the Letter to A4 problem...after a while it seems to be okay for me. I have to print everything "split to multiple pages" and scale at "66,2%".
Now that i've lost every faith in myself i have an idiot question....just to make sure!
If we talk about 15" to 17" jetpack size (43cm in my case) we talk about these measurement, right?!

Top not bottom
View attachment 63451
I know this is a very old post, but I have the same question. I believe you're right, jetpack width should be measured by the top pic (widest point of the jetpack) not the bottom one.

Is 15" wide still what we'd consider "correct"? I know it depends on height, and I'm 5'8". I'm thinking this size might be fine.

EDIT: I printed out the templates and it's 15" in the top picture RealMatix provided.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back