*SPOILERS* The Book of Boba Fett Discussion

Those speeders look like they belong in back to the future 2 with biff why didn’t they fallowed the same direction like the Mandalorian, only constant is fenec, I don’t like the way he carry’s he’s riffle either.
Yeah man, Boba is literally carrying his Ee-3 around with him everywhere and has not once actually used it. Nor did this supposed master assassin when the government pleeb was driving away right in front of their eyes - "just, oh noooooooooo! what do we do?! Go, go vespa rangers I guess?" instead of just shooting the land speeder.....

None of the decisions the characters make in this episode make sense.

I finally gave up on this series after getting part way through Episode Three .. for me it was just more garbage and I just couldn't get past the Emo kids on Spangly Power Rangers bikes and i bailed. i had little real hope for this series anyway as Boba alway seemed best as a 'Dirty Harry/ Man With no name' type character but this stuff is truly awful. I cant rationalise the Boba Fett character from Empire or Jedi that I love with what I'm seeing on screen.

Temuera Morrison seems horribly miscast and even though i hated the retro'ing of his voice over that far superior originals (anyone tell Lucas and co that accents are not genetic!) I was willing to see how it went but right from the off this series has been well .. 'off'. The action sequences are (mostly) also painful to watch, and the mysterious Boba Felt has now thrown off that mantle in favour of walking around unhelmeted .. and Why?.. TM has an odd (im really not trying to be insulting here but its true) overbite and every time he tries to look fierce or angry he ends up with this slightly 'ratty' look. He doesn't move, walk or shoot like the original boba Fett.

This Boba Fett here is no longer the greatest bounty hunter in the Galaxy he's something else and im not even sure Disney know what he is .. but this seems like a real misstep.

There seems to be no real story and the 'Lets throw everything at the wall and see what sticks' tactic that worked OK-ish on Mandalorian S1 fails here. The characterisation is really bad. Boba Fett is now a wooden as a Gaffi stick (acting and physically) and pretending to be a ruthless (yet benevolent) Crime Lord (for no discernible reason) living in a huge (yet completely unpopulated) Palace within walking distance (apparently) of a town, run by gangs (that vastly outnumber them) and fending off various 'nerdowells' including a ferocious Wookie that can be taken down by kids in a punch up.

Sadly in true Disney SWU fashion, everything mostly looks spot on visuals wise (other than those godawful speeder bikes) so it 100% looks the business but it really feels like maybe no one wanted this gig ... like they had spare production time and the preexisting standing sets so 'hey lets do a Boba Fest show'. Also ... where the hell did he park Slave 1? ... its not at the palace and everyone seems keen to keep their step count up in mos Espa!

BTW .. Im more than happy if others disagree and everyone is entitled to their opinion but for me myself I'm done and out!! ... bring on ObiWan.

Last edited:
I finally gave up on this series after getting part way through Episode Three .. for me it was just more garbage and I just couldn't get past the Emo kids on Spangly Power Rangers bikes and i bailed. i had little real hope for this series anyway as Boba alway seemed best as a 'Dirty Harry/ Man With no name' type character but this stuff is truly awful. I cant rationalise the Boba Fett character from Empire or Jedi that I love with what I'm seeing on screen.

Temuera Morrison seems horribly miscast and even though i hated the retro'ing of his voice over that far superior originals (anyone tell Lucas and co that accents are not genetic!) I was willing to see how it went but right from the off this series has been well .. 'off'. The action sequences are (mostly) also painful to watch, and the mysterious Boba Felt has now thrown off that mantle in favour of walking around unhelmeted .. and Why?.. TM has an odd (im really not trying to be insulting here but its true) overbite and every time he tries to look fierce or angry he ends up with this slightly 'ratty' look. He doesn't move, walk or shoot like the original boba Fett.

This Boba Fett here is no longer the greatest bounty hunter in the Galaxy he's something else and im not even sure Disney know what he is .. but this seems like a real misstep.

There seems to be no real story and the 'Lets throw everything at the wall and see what sticks' tactic that worked OK-ish on Mandalorian S1 fails here. The characterisation is really bad. Boba Fett is now a wooden as a Gaffi stick (acting and physically) and pretending to be a ruthless (yet benevolent) Crime Lord (for no discernible reason) living in a huge (yet completely unpopulated) Palace within walking distance (apparently) of a town, run by gangs (that vastly outnumber them) and fending off various 'nerdowells' including a ferocious Wookie that can be taken down by kids in a punch up.

Sadly in true Disney SWU fashion, everything mostly looks spot on visuals wise (other than those godawful speeder bikes) so it 100% looks the business but it really feels like maybe no one wanted this gig ... like they had spare production time and the preexisting standing sets so 'hey lets do a Boba Fest show'. Also ... where the hell did he park Slave 1? ... its not at the palace and everyone seems keen to keep their step count up in mos Espa!

BTW .. Im more than happy if others disagree and everyone is entitled to their opinion but for me myself I'm done and out!! ... bring on ObiWan.
Like I said: Disney killed him.

Could have been a great thing, but…

A story before ESB??? Why not?
Showing why he became that Fett we wanted to see? Why not?
Using an Actor under 100kg? Why not?

Everything that could be done wrong as make wrong…
And now? Some „ teens on bikes“?

Guys is this still Star Wars???

Those speeders look like they belong in back to t
Like I said: Disney killed him.

Could have been a great thing, but…

A story before ESB??? Why not?
Showing why he became that Fett we wanted to see? Why not?
Using an Actor under 100kg? Why not?

Everything that could be done wrong as make wrong…
And now? Some „ teens on bikes“?

Guys is this still Star Wars???
Carving out a criminal empire with 2 gamoreans, 1 viable Lieutenant, and 4 teenagers with droid bits and shiny mopeds… all while getting your butt handed to you every time you go into combat….
Honestly, if he can become daimyo despite all this, he actually does deserve the respect nobody in mos espa is giving him right now lol

Honestly though, Ithink the problem was it couldn’t be done justice, period, as a disney show.

Disney will never put a show on disney plus that highlights violence, criminality, illicit activity… or any othet vile acts that would be expected of a CRIMINAL SYNDICATE. Choosing to make him try to be a criminal on disney, was doomed yo be as big of a failure as if the Christian Broadcasting Network announced it was going to air a show about a former stripper deciding to take over the vegas underworld.

While focussing the show on having the main character trying to open soup kitchens and refusing to use harsh language to bring all the local pimps in line.

Last edited:
Disney will never put a show on disney plus that highlights violence, criminality, illicit activity… or any othet vile acts that would be expected of a CRIMINAL SYNDICATE
Sons of Anarchy is on Disney Plus in the U.K. so I doubt they’ve got issues with having shows with violence, criminality etc.

I’ve got no idea what Disney are doing, but just like with Din Djarin they’re making Fett a hero, rather than someone that walks the line between good and bad.

Ive posted and expressed my opinion just like many of you here on my twitter account and the shows account and WTF, all these millenials delusional teenagers will just throw tomatoes at you because they have no fkn clue wtf their talking about praising disney on how they have literally stomped this character on a whole diffrent aspect and telling me to let other people enjoy the show, that if i dont like it, dont watch it! seriously i dont understand how these kids say this show is awesome. Its pretty sad and unfortunate in these 3 chapters in and short AF the content quality is so poor and seeing boba have no respect, getting beat up to then having to rush to the frigging bacta tank after taking a beat is beyond RIDICULOUS! helmet off all the time also is pretty annoying especially when all i see is temura morrisons WHITE TEETH lol. If Chapter 4 is as disappointing as these others, man im gonna have a stroke. Sad to see this missed oppurtunity to show who boba was and really is. I fkn hate Disney!

Hyperbole aside, Hawkeye and even Mandalorian would suggest otherwise.
the difference is, hawkeye and mando were two characters who in the show, skirted around the edges of the illicit activities and thugs. Minus when hawkeye was The Ronin. That is much, much different than having hawkeye or Mando decide that they are going to become the de facto mob boss of an entire city. Controlling every part of the criminal underworld, from drugs, laundering, gangs, etc etc etc. Which is why having the show center around Fett, who now wants to be a better person, decide to take on the mantle of a crime sindycate boss makes absolutely no sense for how they want his character to be. They'll never allow a character like that to be the main focus of a disney show.

-edit-
To the degree the character would need to act, for it to e believable.

Last edited:
Ive posted and expressed my opinion just like many of you here on my twitter account and the shows account and WTF, all these millenials delusional teenagers will just throw tomatoes at you because they have no fkn clue wtf their talking about praising disney on how they have literally stomped this character on a whole diffrent aspect and telling me to let other people enjoy the show, that if i dont like it, dont watch it! seriously i dont understand how these kids say this show is awesome. Its pretty sad and unfortunate in these 3 chapters in and short AF the content quality is so poor and seeing boba have no respect, getting beat up to then having to rush to the frigging bacta tank after taking a beat is beyond RIDICULOUS! helmet off all the time also is pretty annoying especially when all i see is temura morrisons WHITE TEETH lol. If Chapter 4 is as disappointing as these others, man im gonna have a stroke. Sad to see this missed oppurtunity to show who boba was and really is. I fkn hate Disney!

I know what you mean, I got a 24hr ban on a forum for being negative and challenging towards the show and its lovers. It was on another star wars Forum! (and he only has white top teeth at the moment, I'm hoping by the series end the bottoms are done as well for the shows only continuity. something to look forward to)

the difference is, hawkeye and mando were two characters who in the show, skirted around the edges of the illicit activities and thugs. Minus when hawkeye was The Ronin. That is much, much different than having hawkeye or Mando decide that they are going to become the de facto mob boss of an entire city. Controlling every part of the criminal underworld, from drugs, laundering, gangs, etc etc etc. Which is why having the show center around Fett, who now wants to be a better person, decide to take on the mantle of a crime sindycate boss makes absolutely no sense for how they want his character to be. They'll never allow a character like that to be the main focus of a disney show.
Fair enough but I also never thought he wanted to take over to become the star wars Vito Corleone. I know you aren't a fan, but his time with the Tuskens and presumably the next few flashbacks are what led to him going after that throne. What he intended to do with it is, unfortunately, still murky. But I think the complaints that he doesn't seem to want to do much crime are on to something.

Maybe time to see Daniel Logan as Fett he is the True Fett after all...
From a certain point of view....

Mott
That idea has merit.

As for BOBF, I guess we'll always have 2 schools on this. I for one didn't enjoy the pacing and character development of the show. Hell even Fennec seems more badazz.

Maybe, they were trying to recreate Terminator & Terminator 2 where Arnie becomes a 'good' guy after all that badassery in the first movie. I don't know, James Cameron nailed it though. All I know is that I am just rewatching a lot of the ORIGINAL ESB and ROTJ with the original voices to fight the nausea after each Wednesday.

Attachments

• IMG_20220107_111856.jpg
    IMG_20220107_111856.jpg
    848.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Sons of Anarchy is on Disney Plus in the U.K. so I doubt they’ve got issues with having shows with violence, criminality
There’s a difference though. S.O.A, I assume is on there with the 'Starz' stuff which isn't technically "Disney." It's like saying Sky did a great job with The Sopranos. I'm also not sure Mando was as benevolent as some of you remember. He kills someone in the first 5 mins of S1:E1 by closing a blast door on them. In the episode where we first meet Cara Dune, after they take down the AT-AT, Mando finishes the job by throwing a grenade into the cockpit (just imagine the mess!?) There's numerous other examples of Mando being an interesting, 'chaotic good' type character. There was depth to him, and a certain amount of thought had gone into making him intimidating whilst not showing an outright murderous lunatic - any excuses for why the same could not be done with Boba are nonsense.

Let's not throw millennials too far under the bus. I am one and I HATE the show but the weird, almost cultish behaviour around anyone saying anything negative about it EVER is really bad. I made a few comments on a Facebook thread and had multiple accounts from people of all ages add and message me for the sole purpose of lobbing insults at me. Very strange.

I know you aren't a fan, but his time with the Tuskens and presumably the next few flashbacks are what led to him going after that throne.
Sorry but...no. All the defenders of the show loved to tell us all we were being too impatient and that all the Tusken stuff will pay off and give us Boba's motivation we were all saying was non-existence in episodes 1 & 2. Well...episode 3 rolls around, the Tuskens are gone and Boba burns them and all their stuff and...that's pretty much it. I had no feeling that he had any emotional connection to any of it, because TEMUERA MORRISON IS. A. BAD. ACTOR.

Initially, my complaint was largely that the writers didn't seem to understand the character of Boba Fett but now it's like they just don't understand ANYTHING - especially how a criminal in any aspect would behave. Episode 3, he gets asked to get rid of a gang that's causing a local vendor problems. He's offered triple payment. Any self-respecting criminal (think Tony Soprano or Henry Hill) would 100% chase the money.

Boba ends up sympathising with the kids that there's no work around and pays their debt for them! Absolutely ridiculous nonsense. To quote Henry Hill:

Business bad? F*ck you, pay me. Oh, you had a fire? F*ck you, pay me. Place got hit by lightning, huh? F*ck you, pay me.

This is the attitude Boba Fett should have. But, in a venn diagram of "good, believable mob story" and "Disney content" the circles can't overlap so I'm liable to agree that it can't be done.

I don't know if I'm really a defender of the show but I do know screenwriting. Is it well done? Nah, but there's a definite structure. They ARE telling a story, even if it's clunky at best and... Something altogether else at worst.

I don't know if I'm really a defender of the show but I do know screenwriting. Is it well done? Nah, but there's a definite structure. They ARE telling a story, even if it's clunky at best and... Something altogether else at worst.
And what is that story? Because so far, we haven't seen anything other than Boba Fett just calling himself a crime lord repeatedly with no evidence of any kind that that's true. Any hope of motivation was murdered along with the Tusken Raiders (a weak, trope of a character arc at best). We had most of 2 episodes dedicated to the Tusken storyline for it to be done with far too quickly in Ep. 3.

Even if they are "telling a story" - so what? Isn't that pretty much the bare minimum of what you expect from a TV show?

lol amazing but sadly, you're probably not wrong. This is my main problem though - that even 3 weeks in and 2 hours of content, we don't know what Boba's motivations are for literally doing Anything. That's pretty terrible story telling lol
Exactly. People who defend the show keep urging everyone to be patient and assuring us there is some kind of master plan at work. Mando's arc was pretty clear from S1:E1. With BoBF, after 3 episodes I'm still like:

bored waiting GIF

I think it's fair to say that viewers should reserve absolute final judgement until the final episode airs and the entire story is told.

With that said, I also think it's fair to say that 3 episodes in and there's been more bad than good. The job of any show would be to give me a reason to care about the main characters and their motivations, and 3 episodes in and I feel like they've completely fumbled that. The only character's I've had any feelings towards have been the tuskens and they were fridged in a super lazy bit of writing.

Will they turn the ship around, no idea, and I'll watch it to the end to see, but it's pretty difficult to explain the huge ups and downs of quality, and the extremely bad writing is just perplexing knowing that the mando people were involved.

I had to look but hadn't realized how much Favreau had written for Mandalorian. He did all but two for each season. My two favorite episodes for season two were the ones he didn't write, heh.

I had to look but hadn't realized how much Favreau had written for Mandalorian. He did all but two for each season. My two favorite episodes for season two were the ones he didn't write, heh.
The two from S1 were The Gunslinger & The Prisoner (my least favourite)

S2 ones were The Jedi & The Believer - I wouldn’t say my least favourite but more or less on par with the rest of S2.

So far Favreau has been the writer on all 3 episodes of BOBF and they’ve all been sh*t.

I don’t think there’s any rhyme or reason or science to it. Regardless of what people say, The Mandalorian was good and is better than BoBF. That’s just an objective fact. On any metric - acting, writing, story, sets, character design, costume, lighting, cinematography, soundtrack, foley, whatever - Any episode of Mando is better on its own merits than any episode of Boba. Fact.

There’s no one person (that we know of) who is to blame for the absolute turd that is BoBF. We can reserve judgement for the end all we like, I guarantee the only outcome is you’ll be more disappointed than you are now. It’s not going to get any better.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back