*SPOILERS* The Book of Boba Fett Discussion

Insanely hard to ignore... I want to like this show, up untill now I did... Again, still looking forward to next week but worried. So worried.
All the defenders are currently hyping themselves up about possibly seeing Boba Fett ride around on a rancor.

Up until now, the phrase has been "jump the shark". If this happens, I will use "rode the rancor" in all future instances of a TV Show going off the rails.

I mean...how can anyone think - "yeah! That'll be super cool and not at all silly!"

All the defenders are currently hyping themselves up about possibly seeing Boba Fett ride around on a rancor.

Up until now, the phrase has been "jump the shark". If this happens, I will use "rode the rancor" in all future instances of a TV Show going off the rails.

I mean...how can anyone think - "yeah! That'll be super cool and not at all silly!"
I loved how the Rancors were used as mounts in the force unleashed on... Ryloth I think it was. As Kuill stated: Mando's are riders. Would have been cool to see a Mythosaur or even a backflash where you can see Jango teaching Boba how to ride one. So... I'm actually up for that but I think it would have to be in an arc where we have seen Boba making different choices in life only to have them backfire: Screw this, I'm now tearing the mayor appart with my Rancor. He himself torching Jabba's palace, taking the Slave 1... I mean Starship and leaving Tatooine behind for good whilst wearing Karrsantan braids.... But I don't see that happening anymore...

View attachment 219158
sums it up pretty well.
Not having watched the series so far, I imagined the Mods and their mopeds being bad. But this... This is beyound expectations. How could anyone in their right minds POSSIBLY have thought this a good idea. I mean... seriously... It doesnt look a single bit in universe! It looks... like some sort of kitchen appliance from the 50s!

I loved how the Rancors were used as mounts in the force unleashed on... Ryloth I think it was. As Kuill stated: Mando's are riders. Would have been cool to see a Mythosaur or even a backflash where you can see Jango teaching Boba how to ride one. So... I'm actually up for that but I think it would have to be in an arc where we have seen Boba making different choices in life only to have them backfire: Screw this, I'm now tearing the mayor appart with my Rancor. He himself torching Jabba's palace, taking the Slave 1... I mean Starship and leaving Tatooine behind for good whilst wearing Karrsantan braids.... But I don't see that happening anymore...
Oh man, the Krrsyntan waste...

What got me was when he let him go and Fennec asked:

"let him go?!"

Boba's reply:

"well, its either that or kill him."

Erm...kill him then? It's a wookie gladiator with metal fists who was hired to murder you. You somehow miraculously survived the assassination attempt which involved getting punched in the face and bear hugged by an animal we know can literally tear limbs off of people. Not only did you survive, you're perfectly fine, despite having to go and have a little lie down after any other physical exertion.

And of course, there are those defending yet another stupid decision by saying Boba doesn't kill if the person may end up being of use to him. Obviously Boba and Krrsyntan will team up before the show is over but why?! It's stupid. Any self respecting "crime boss" would 100% kill someone for a lot less than a murder attempt.

Yea, I know - Disney are squeamish with violence e.t.c. so it all comes back to the fact that Disney should not have made this.

Not having watched the series so far, I imagined the Mods and their mopeds being bad. But this... This is beyound expectations. How could anyone in their right minds POSSIBLY have thought this a good idea. I mean... seriously... It doesnt look a single bit in universe! It looks... like some sort of kitchen appliance from the 50s!
Honestly, I'm disappointed in Dave Filoni. He's so eager to prove what a fan he is but all that has gone out the window for me. Where were you on this episode Dave?! Why didn't you step in, wearing your obscure OT reference t-shirt and your stupid cowboy hat and say:

"wait a second guys..."

Is it because you were busy letting Mickey Mouse give you a reach around while stuffing wads of dollar bills into your mouth and to spit them out in order to speak up would just be plain rude?

Never heard of it. Hardly a box office smash or a cult classic? Regardless, Tem is a bad actor.
It is actually a critically acclaimed film and the highest grossing film released in New Zealand (It is a New Zealand film after all).

Regardless, all I wanted to do was answer your prompt with a non-Star Wars film in which he was central to the plot.

Just having a little fun on a Saturday.

It is actually a critically acclaimed film and the highest grossing film released in New Zealand (It is a New Zealand film after all).

Regardless, all I wanted to do was answer your prompt with a non-Star Wars film in which he was central to the plot.

Just having a little fun on a Saturday.
Fair do's, sorry - just re-read my comment and realise it came off a little confrontational - not my intention!

Oh man, the Krrsyntan waste...

What got me was when he let him go and Fennec asked:

"let him go?!"

Boba's reply:

"well, its either that or kill him."

Erm...kill him then? It's a wookie gladiator with metal fists who was hired to murder you. You somehow miraculously survived the assassination attempt which involved getting punched in the face and bear hugged by an animal we know can literally tear limbs off of people. Not only did you survive, you're perfectly fine, despite having to go and have a little lie down after any other physical exertion.

And of course, there are those defending yet another stupid decision by saying Boba doesn't kill if the person may end up being of use to him. Obviously Boba and Krrsyntan will team up before the show is over but why?! It's stupid. Any self respecting "crime boss" would 100% kill someone for a lot less than a murder attempt.

Yea, I know - Disney are squeamish with violence e.t.c. so it all comes back to the fact that Disney should not have made this.

If they do team up later - it will 100% be a "life debt" thing but won't make much sense. Because if that's how either of them viewed it, he would have just employed BK as one of his enforcers on the spot

At this point it's pretty clear that BoBF is packed full of winks and nods to Lucas and his inspirations. The sand monster, stop motion, the mods on vespas, e.t.c.
In one sense I get it, Favreau wanted to use a Boba Fett show as a vehicle to pay homage to the characters creater. I see Filoni playing along with that. But Filoni of all people knows this characters history and fan connection, so should have known that the silly story telling involved would not sit well. This is where I'm at a loss.

A SW show being daffy "for the kids" is nothing new. But all should have known better on this, which tells me they just don't get the character at all, or that they didn't care, and I'm inclined to believe the latter at this point.

Saw this on Reddit and thought it was funny.

“MoSt FeAred iN tHe gALaXy”

1642344513306.png

Unrelated, but I just watched Ghostbusters: Afterlife.

Now THAT is how you deal with a beloved IP. It’s annoyed me even more now though because there’s no reason the sequel trilogy couldn’t have been amazing, and there’s no reason BOBF can’t.

I think we need to see the remaining 4 episodes still though.

I read a lot of the "leaks" and I've read 5, 6 and 7 apparently are the best episodes.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back