*SPOILERS* The Book of Boba Fett Discussion

I think it's fair to say that viewers should reserve absolute final judgement until the final episode airs and the entire story is told.

I agree with you somewhat on this that maybe we should hold our final judgment until the very end, but then again, a good show with good writing shouldn’t have to make viewers wait for the end of the season to have them say, “ That was a good show.” It should hook you in and have you anticipate the next episode. Three episodes of a short season program is way too long to wait for that “hook”. Honestly, the only reason I keep watching it now is to see how bad it is. It’s like watching a train wreck. It’s an awful thing, but you can’t look away. Plus it gives me a reason to come back to this thread and complain about it. :p

I hope I’m wrong and at the end of the season I can say, “that was actually pretty good.” Although, I highly doubt it.

Let's not throw millennials too far under the bus. I am one and I HATE the show but the weird, almost cultish behaviour around anyone saying anything negative about it EVER is really bad. I made a few comments on a Facebook thread and had multiple accounts from people of all ages add and message me for the sole purpose of lobbing insults at me. Very strange.

This runs both ways though, I have seen weird, almost cultish behavior from the shows Detractors around anyone who says anything even remotely positive about the show so far. I had an acquaintance on Facebook, a life long Boba fan and member of the 501st, Rebel Legion ,and Mando Mercs, just say that so far while he hasn't liked everything he hads been enjoying the ride and is interested to see how it goes and was disappointed by some of the behavior of other Boba Fans in regards to their criticisms especially those hyperbolic based comments. He was immediately set up with accusations of not being a "real" Star Wars or Boba fan, of not understanding Boba, of being a "Shill" for Disney, and for having "no taste." Even after he took down his public comment, he got a private FB messages from people continuing these kinds of comments.

Please, dear fellows, do not disregard this as a troll comment.
Considering how the thread and apparently according to you all the series, went so far, this is to be taken serious:

I want a Spa scene!
:D

I believe he has written the entire season. I'm not positive but that is the claim. Rodriguez has also directed one more, the others are by other directors.
Possibly. Point I was making is that Favreau writing isn’t the sole reason BoBF is bad. Favreau wrote a majority of both seasons of Mando and it was great

Possibly. Point I was making is that Favreau writing isn’t the sole reason BoBF is bad. Favreau wrote a majority of both seasons of Mando and it was great
And I agree but I also come to writing as the bedrock and the movies he has written have been misses for me more than hits. I think the only script of his I really like is his first one, and even though I'm a fan of Mandalorian, I would never say the writing is among the draws for me.

lol amazing but sadly, you're probably not wrong. This is my main problem though - that even 3 weeks in and 2 hours of content, we don't know what Boba's motivations are for literally doing Anything. That's pretty terrible story telling lol
To put it in perspective, the run time of the 3 episodes in total is 2 hours and 7 minutes (albeit 15 minutes of that is credits). A New Hope was 2 hours and 1 minute. Look at what we knew about Vader, Han, Luke and Leia after those 2 hours!

To put it in perspective, the run time of the 3 episodes in total is 2 hours and 7 minutes (albeit 15 minutes of that is credits). A New Hope was 2 hours and 1 minute. Look at what we knew about Vader, Han, Luke and Leia after those 2 hours!

Where is this going? lol I can't tell if this is a pro or con, because at least in the 2 hours from ANH - we know both Luke's and Leia's motivations for doing what they are doing. It's also pretty clear what Vader's motivations are throughout the movie as well - location the Deathstar plans. However, we have absolutely no clue why Boba wants to be a crime boss - we only know it because he's said that is what he wants to be. He also seems pretty offended whenever people call him a bounty hunter which makes little sense lol

no, but it has a clear plot and structure, and Mando’s character arc and motivation is clearly defined and developed. All things BoBF lacks.
Of course, and Mando was more episodic as well. I still think Boba's motives will be clear by the end. Will that make it good? No, no it will not. Having a main character so aloof and aimless on his own journey would have gotten a lot of red marks in my first screenwriting class.

Where is this going? lol I can't tell if this is a pro or con, because at least in the 2 hours from ANH - we know both Luke's and Leia's motivations for doing what they are doing. It's also pretty clear what Vader's motivations are throughout the movie as well - location the Deathstar plans. However, we have absolutely no clue why Boba wants to be a crime boss - we only know it because he's said that is what he wants to be. He also seems pretty offended whenever people call him a bounty hunter which makes little sense lol
Exactly. That’s why the story is trash can juice.

Sons of Anarchy is on Disney Plus in the U.K. so I doubt they’ve got issues with having shows with violence, criminality etc.

I’ve got no idea what Disney are doing, but just like with Din Djarin they’re making Fett a hero, rather than someone that walks the line between good and bad.
Are you sure it hasn't had some of the violence edited out of scenes vs its original form? UK streaming is notorious for doing that crap with editing the number of times people get struck or "whats shown" for violence vs simply visually implied due to their laws

Are you sure it hasn't had some of the violence edited out of scenes vs its original form? UK streaming is notorious for doing that crap with editing the number of times people get struck or "whats shown" for violence vs simply visually implied due to their laws
To my knowledge Disney + hasn’t edited any of it. I’ve watched many of the pre Disney/20thCFox merger movies they now got on there, no issues yet. I know they’ve edited their own stuff though.

Just watched ep3. Where I really liked the first 2 episodes.... Well... This was... Weird? The scooter gang fell out place visually with everything Mos Espa or Tatooine... Or Star Wars. The chase didn't work. 2 potential enemies... Gone or... Befriended? I'm not quite sure where this headed now as we're nearly half way through. Still looking forward to the next episode but I'm hoping for a bit more gritiness, a stronger Boba Fett (like in Mando).

Also starting to get a bit worried about 2 possible endings; they kill him off foregood this time... Or he sits firmly on the throne in the end... Which would lead us back to mando s2 ending, so basically there will be no progress or development of any kind.

I was over the moon with this show... Little worried now...

Just watched ep3. Where I really liked the first 2 episodes.... Well... This was... Weird? The scooter gang fell out place visually with everything Mos Espa or Tatooine... Or Star Wars. The chase didn't work. 2 potential enemies... Gone or... Befriended? I'm not quite sure where this headed now as we're nearly half way through. Still looking forward to the next episode but I'm hoping for a bit more gritiness, a stronger Boba Fett (like in Mando).

Also starting to get a bit worried about 2 possible endings; they kill him off foregood this time... Or he sits firmly on the throne in the end... Which would lead us back to mando s2 ending, so basically there will be no progress or development of any kind.

I was over the moon with this show... Little worried now...
I am less optimistic about the show after that episode as well.

I think you're absolutely right about those two endings being the possibility. Death seems like it could be possible for a few reasons but one would be the Moses parallels with the first two episodes titles, and of course he didn't end up in the promised land with his people.

But the other ending I think is more likely because having him still alive means merchandising is easier in future. Also, it reminds me of the D+ show Falcon & Winter Soldier,which had some solid moments amidst a lot of clunky stuff. And in the end, as far as where the characters stand compared to where they were at the end of Endgame... Kinda makes the series feel superfluous. So I wouldn't be surprised by a similar outcome here and him being, more or less, in the same position he was at the end of Mandalorian 2 as he will be in the opening of Mandalorian 3.

Surely they can’t kill him off, they would not bring him back to just do this load of rubbish.

I just watched the first 3 episodes of Mando, and my word, it’s so much better, really enjoying it again. He was quite brutal really. Cut someone in half, cooked poor troopers, disintegrations etc. IG88 was brill and he left his lid on and said very little. It just works, sometimes all that’s needed is the look and moves.

I think Disney want there own Boba Fett and it’s called the Mandalorian.

Unforgivable what they have done to Boba

271947498_5106870662665623_3092647126056237679_n.jpg

sums it up pretty well.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back