*SPOILERS* The Book of Boba Fett Discussion

Where is this going? lol I can't tell if this is a pro or con, because at least in the 2 hours from ANH - we know both Luke's and Leia's motivations for doing what they are doing. It's also pretty clear what Vader's motivations are throughout the movie as well - location the Deathstar plans. However, we have absolutely no clue why Boba wants to be a crime boss - we only know it because he's said that is what he wants to be. He also seems pretty offended whenever people call him a bounty hunter which makes little sense lol
Yeah, I was definitely saying that we got all kinds of back story and had a clear vision of what lies ahead with ANH...with BoBF I know that my favorite character sleeps in Jockeys and has a plush bathrobe... :)

I think we need to see the remaining 4 episodes still though.

I read a lot of the "leaks" and I've read 5, 6 and 7 apparently are the best episodes.
I agree, and I love Disney, and wow we got the Mandalorian so yeah: ep 3 was weird... But hyped for Wednesday.

I am still looking forward to it. And... In all honesty, if it doesn't live up to my personal wishes or expectations (wich the sequels did for so many... I loved them!) that moment on saturday where we sit down with our kids to watch the new episode is beyond epic

Last edited:
I think we need to see the remaining 4 episodes still though.

I read a lot of the "leaks" and I've read 5, 6 and 7 apparently are the best episodes.

Yes, we do. And I'm sure they are saving their best bits for last. However, I can't unsee episode 3 so even if the show gets truly epic in a few episodes, I'll always have Fett in a bathrobe chatting with the power rangers in my head.

I would LOVE to see a fan edit of the entire season that does away with the cringy elements when this is all over.

I have no issue with Boba in the robe but the designs of the bikes are totally unnecessary.

I disliked a majority of the filler episodes of the Mandalorian so I have faith.

Yeesh, I'm trying to hang in with this because I'm a huge Fett fan, but I'm about to give up. Boba recruiting Biff's hoverboard gang and letting that absolute unit of a Wookie walk away without so much a job offer makes about as much sense (and is as fun to watch) as Luke milking a Thala Siren. Sorry, IMHO, that ridiculous hoveround clan has no business in this series and fits into this story about as well as a square peg in a round hole.

Yeah, I was definitely saying that we got all kinds of back story and had a clear vision of what lies ahead with ANH...with BoBF I know that my favorite character sleeps in Jockeys and has a plush bathrobe... :)
And… can’t get in any type of scrap without getting beaten to near death and needing to be bailed out, then thrown in a bacta tank.

I miss the ruthless boba that took out all the storm troopers single handedly, in mando season 2

And… can’t get in any type of scrap without getting beaten to near death and needing to be bailed out, then thrown in a bacta tank.

I miss the ruthless boba that took out all the storm troopers single handedly, in mando season 2

I don't understand the discrepancy between the Boba Fett that appears in both series. They literally seem to be and act like completely different people. So confusing!

I don't understand the discrepancy between the Boba Fett that appears in both series. They literally seem to be and act like completely different people. So confusing!
Funny you should say that, I have just watched the Mando series and its way better, everything from CGI's to acting. Boba was like "I want my armour back" just that alone came across like give it back or die!! The way he takes out the stormtroopers and freighters was awesome (even with looking a bit like he had eaten all the pies) then the gun twirling and that look! I must have watched it a dozen times!

Word is BOBF gets better, so we will have to wait and see, by how much, who knows, but it needs to be a lot!

So far though its shocking!

I honestly feel like I’ve lost my mind or something. The lengths people are going to to defend this show are embarrassing and it’s all speculation about what might have happened or what could happen.

I haven’t been following too many of the boards, but I haven’t seen too many people defending this show. I’m sure they are there though….much like many people defended The Last Jedi. Just because it says “Star Wars” on it, does not automatically make it good. A lot goes into a quality show, and unfortunately…this show doesn’t have it. I don’t care what kind of reveal is coming up…you can’t waste that much screen time with so few episodes to have one reveal that makes it worth it, and call it a good show.

The Witcher never lost a beat in its two seasons. Each moment of that show I was glued to the screen. I also recently started watching Ted Lasso. I’m not a sports fan by any lengths, but holy hell, what a great show. I care about the characters, I want to see them succeed, and care about when they fail.

Good story writing and acting is out there, but it’s just not there for this show. And for crying out loud, have we forgotten this…..

Attachments

• 98E0F8E4-0798-4450-A5B6-14A0AFE9C29C.png
    98E0F8E4-0798-4450-A5B6-14A0AFE9C29C.png
    702.8 KB · Views: 67
I honestly feel like I’ve lost my mind or something. The lengths people are going to to defend this show are embarrassing and it’s all speculation about what might have happened or what could happen.

A friend of mine shared this about horror movies this morning...

"this sounds like a joke tweet but i am genuinely baffled by people who can tell the different between a good movie and a bad movie. 90% of the time i watch a movie and think 'i had fun watching a movie'"

That is pretty much me.

I enjoy just about everything to some extent or another. I can acknowledge that things can always be better, but mostly I just enjoy stuff. Sometimes I laugh with it, sometimes I laugh at it, but I'm usually smiling.

I enjoyed Last Jedi. I saw it in the theater half a dozen times. I enjoyed Rise of Skywalker. I enjoy Book of Boba Fett.

I would rather Book of Boba had been Twin Engines of Destruction Live Action, but it wasn't. That's OK.

I think Space Vespas are goofy, but they don't ruin my day.

I like the weird sideshow bust recast Boba helmet. I LOVE the look of the Book of Boba Fett suit -- it may have replaced RotJ as my favorite Fett look.

I'm honestly interested in watching the gallery/BTS for this. I want to know if they did the BoBF teaser as a bit of fun before they had any other writing in place. Were they like "oh crap, now what do we do", or was it all planned out.

Based off the recent interviews with Tem and Ming-Na, and some other BTS footage from other productions, it seems that Tem and others were cognizant of how Fett stands/walks/holds his blaster/ doesn't say much, etc. I seriously doubt they just forgot all that, so that brings me to writing and direction. The Fett we see in mando s2 seems to be decidedly more alike to what we expect, so it would seem that there were clear directions for the character to change drastically for this show.

I'm not saying they set out to destroy anyone's childhood, but I think there may have been a serious miscalculation as to what they thought people wanted to see from this. It wouldn't surprise me if we see some big twist soon, as this all feels so out of place for the characters/world/ story, but hopefully they take notes and don't experiment with the recipe like this again.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back