Spoiler free BOBF Costume discussion: New pistol belt.

Rook 3

Jr Hunter
Couple things I noticed. The rope waist belt is gone now and has been replaced by an all-in-one ribbed under belt. The holster has a leg strap now (ala Han Solo) to keep it attached to the thigh. LOTS of power cells on the belt.

Attachments

• Capture6-bright.gif
    Capture6-bright.gif
    310.2 KB · Views: 366
  • Capture2-bright.png
    Capture2-bright.png
    333.7 KB · Views: 349
From some of the discussion and other research threads, it looks as though the "rope" is actual tight woven climbing rope. Very interesting that this iteration of the belt is reminiscent of Jango's girth, with the leather backing and attached roping vs. leather backing and braid of his father.

Thank you for posting those pictures. I feel like his suiting up scene was a nod to crafting fans.

I was in the middle of a build for the boba look from the mandalorian. I had just ordered the rope from the Czech republic darn guess I’m going all black now.

I think there was a leg strap before it was just hidden behind the puffy stuff of the pants. Now that boba buys his shirt and pants at banana republic it’s more obvious. I think it hangs a little lower and looks more custom made and form fitting to the gun. The old one was generic looking.

The buckle looks more shiny and there is now a more obvious attachment to the belt. The leather is in much better shape and I think it’s lighter in color. The ammo pouches look a little different.

Also, I adjusted the brightness/contrast to make the details pop a bit more. The suit up scene was quite dark.

The vest looks like it might have some sort of a breathable, "heat gear" kind of material across the chest?
Is that viewable at any other time?

Also, I adjusted the brightness/contrast to make the details pop a bit more. The suit up scene was quite dark.

The vest looks like it might have some sort of a breathable, "heat gear" kind of material across the chest?
Is that viewable at any other time?
Is it a breathable fabric or stretch? Or both? Love the droid "handlers" helping with him getting the kit on. I had several 501st folks talking trash in messages about having to help me gear up with my ROTJ Fett. Good times.

Is it a breathable fabric or stretch?

That's a good question. I mean, "technically" most breathable materials I've owned have a stretch component to them. Compression/Underarmor Heat Gear shirts as an example I typically wear beneath most costumes because they're not as hot as a cotton t-shirt. I learned early on to love those kinds of shirts after going to Dragoncon in Atlanta where it's both hot AND humid.

I had several 501st folks talking trash in messages about having to help me gear up with my ROTJ Fett. Good times.

LOL, I imagine your ROTJ suit is a pretty complex thing to get on, unlike a hinged clamshell of a TK suit.

I have an Aliens Colonial Marine armor set, and it's... interesting... trying to get the side buckles snapped into place by yourself. The joy of being an armored turtle. :)

Updated observations on the belt rig after 3 hours of dissecting it last night with a very costume-observant friend...

I will add photos later.

========

There are no less than 4 layers to this belt.

When not worn, the belt is actually asymmetrical and the attachment/connection point where both ends meet up is located in the area of where your left kidney is located, not the center of your back. Of course a builder could match the pats wherever they want, but this is how it appears on screen.

1.jpg

6.jpg

There is a fabric/leather base layer, It appears black, but in some "outdoor" action scenes it also appears dark brown. This may be due to dust/dirt from production and not an indication of actual base layer color.

3.jpg

7.jpg

The next layer is the black "rope" layer It "appears" to be made up of appx. 11-12 "rows" of black nylon rope.

2.jpg

The next 2 layers are attached to each other, and then permanently attached to the base rope layer. The base of this layer is a brown leather. This is what the belt buckle is attached to. The belt is NOT adjustable like a traditional leather pants belt. The buckle really serves no purpose except for style points.

The top leather layer is where things get interesting. This layer is made up of the cartridge loops and some "gaps." The gap spaces is where a space is formed between the top leather layer and the bottom leather layer. The pistol holster drop loops over the top leather layer gap and the bottom mounting layer. The 2 pouches on the front left side of the belt (when worn, right side when viewed) also appears to attach to this top "gap."

5.jpg

On the far right end there appears to be some brass/bronze metal detail pieces that may hide the connection points for the belt. These are mirrored on the left side and also on the central back panel at the spine. There are also (2 ?) smaller square-ish boxes that appear mirrored on the L/R sides.

6.jpg

One can assume that the whole belt assembly would have to be custom fit to the wearer as it doesn't appear to be adjustable. If adjustment was required, you could potentially add some sizing options under the center back panel to synch it down slightly.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 224
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back