Small cracks in a DP 97

Venesectrix

New Hunter
I've already cut out the visor and reshaped it. I think when I was shaping it at some point the T-visor ends developed some small cracks in the helmet. Thankfully they are pretty small and can't be seen from the outside. What I want to know is does anyone know of something I could use to strengthen or fill in these cracks with so they don't get any bigger?

Thanks

Jodo Kast 2749

Active Hunter
There is a gap filling adhesive called "No More Nails". You should be able to find it at Home Depot. It's a white adhesive in a green tube (I think) and it dries over night, is sandable, dries nice and hard with a little flex and has minimal shrinkage. I'd give that a go. I use it to fill gaps when I make Fett blasters.

Venesectrix

New Hunter
Thanks dude, I'll give that a try.

Just to save time, do you happen to know what section of the store that would be in?

Venesectrix

New Hunter
Thanks again :)

So your pretty sure this stuff will stick to the junky 97 plastic? I've heard it’s a pain to get adhesives to adhere to it.

Jodo Kast 2749

Active Hunter
Sure? No, never sure. :lol: It has good adherance to sintra and most plastics I've tried it on. It's worth a shot for sure.

J.

Jodo Kast 2749

Active Hunter
I tried bondo on the inside of my first DP95. It went in great, hardened and then popped out like a casting. Vinyl's too "oily" if you know what I mean.