Scratchbuilt collar studs...

drokkul

Active Hunter
What does everybody think about these? I posted pics with some things that seem to be the other popular items to use for this purpose to kind of give you an idea of their size and shape:

DSC01466.jpg

DSC01468.jpg

Any input?

200th Post (y)

drokkul

Active Hunter
TeamFett said:
Do the studs have a taper? And whats the clear thingy?

They look good. Resin?

They have a slight taper from top surface to bottom surface, but not from front side facing to rear side. Kind of a 3D trapezoid.

The clear thing is a furniture bumper (rubber foot), they come in differnet sizes, but this is the only one I had here for reference.

Yep resin. Thanks!

pennywise

Well-Known Hunter
They were originaly made from keys from a "adding machine" not a computer key board. We had a old one at my work that "disappeared":rolleyes and the keys turned up at my house.:lol: IMO there spot on. If some one know different, please say so. And they do look very close to the ones you've made Drokkul(y)

drokkul

Active Hunter
pennywise said:
They were originaly made from keys from a "adding machine" not a computer key board. We had a old one at my work that "disappeared":rolleyes and the keys turned up at my house.:lol: IMO there spot on. If some one know different, please say so. And they do look very close to the ones you've made Drokkul(y)

Thanks! That was the look I was trying to capture. The hardest part was getting them symmetrical. It's funny I should worry about that when no one that worked on the movies did!