Scratch Fiberglass gaunlet- machined flame thrower

SPY007

Active Hunter
While looking at reference material for other parts, I discovered Fett Pride's new excellent ESB gauntlet designs. I decided to revamp my WOF left gauntlet. This meant adding ad subtracting fiber glass and bondo. It was tedious, but I think the end result is much better that the original WOF version. Like all of my build, it is a continuous work in progress. Also. by shortening the bottom half, I have much more freedom of movement.

NewInsets.JPG

InsetRemoval.JPG

Originallines.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terrantula

Hunter
Spy,

What did you do for the flamethrower? Mine got knocked.off during a troop so I am looking to replace it. Your work on this.us.amazing btw.

Thanks,
Terrantula

While looking at reference material for other parts, I discovered Fett Pride's new excellent ESB gauntlet designs. I decided to revamp my WOF left gauntlet. This meant adding ad subtracting fiber glass and bondo. It was tedious, but I think the end result is much better that the original WOF version. Like all of my build, it is a continuous work in progress. Also. by shortening the bottom half, I have much more freedom of movement.

SPY007

Active Hunter
Terrantula;

Thanks. I haven't got to the flame thrower yet. I want to use as much aluminum as I can though. My brother and I are buying a small, used lathe, so I may actually machine some parts.
SPY007

SPY007

Active Hunter
I finally started my flame thrower. I used WOF's template as as start, but am trying to make the final piece look like Fett Pride's design. The base plate is not from WOF. I scratched it after about 5 tries. Obviously not done. Made from sheet PVC, aluminum rod and segment of pens with ribs glued on. I still hope to finish and redo some part with a metal lathe.

FlameThrower.jpg

SPY007

Active Hunter
So I ask my brother about the lathe we were going to buy and he tells me he paid for it 2 years ago. We picked it up and I'm redoing what started. I'm liking the machined parts.

FlamthrowerBarrels.jpg

Flamthrower1.jpg

SPY007

Active Hunter
As I machined more parts, I began to dislike the pvc/abs base plate. Scrapped and made it from aluminum. The tip is too small, but I got worn out on the project for now.

FameThrowerCompleted.JPG

SPY007

Active Hunter
I recently saw a new flame thrower design here on TDH that appears to be the most accurate yet. It includes a clear plastic part on one rod. Anyone know where this is? I can't find it.

SPY007

Active Hunter
Thanks, Rafal Fett. That is what I was looking for. Any body have a suggestion for a found part thet the resembles the transparent plastic bit on the flame thrower in the above link?

SPY007

Active Hunter
Repainted the rocket. I had it painted as the ROTJ version. Made a new flame thrower nozzle on the lathe out of a plexiglass rod. Made some extras. Most have blemishes. Will fit over a 1/4 inch rod. PM if interested. I do not plan on making any more. It was attached with clear silicone.

FTclearbit.JPG

FlameThrowerTips.JPG