Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    Sep 30, 2011, 6:38 PM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #51

Jay! Glad that worked out for you buddy! Your knees are on the way too!

Also, just some new info on that previous post about the smooth plastic:

I totally forgot to mention that the above applies only to the black plastic. I currently only have the white 1/8" inch in 'haircell'.
    At the moment, I've got an order of .090 white on the way, but if anyone will want the white without the 'haircell' texture, they'll have to go with the thinner white stuff. Sorry about any confusion on that. Please hit me up if you have any questions, thanks!!
  2. Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Oct 6, 2011, 12:25 AM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #52

I just got my box yesterday wilth the full White Kit.(black knees and gaunts) And i tell you this stuff is premium! And when it comes to customer support RKD is just amazing. Even tho i know it isnt so this guy makes you feel like your order is the only one he has and you are like the most important customer he has. I have mailed a couple of times during the process of this sale, with lots of questions and worries. And always a very friendly,swift and polite reply, not once have i felt that i was a pain in the A**. Wich im sure i must have been sometimes! =) If or when RKD starts to include all the greeblies like kneedarts dental expander, rockets and such, his kit will be up there with the top makers of this site. And at a very reasonable price!! And for you who are like me, a little worried about sending your money across the world to a guy you dont really know to get some armor you only ever seen on pictures. Rest assured this guy delivers premium stuff, and are the most stand up guy you can imagine!!

Thanks RKD! Just dont burn yourself out, it is a hobby you know! =)
    /Fred
    Last edited by Pocus; Oct 6, 2011 at 3:30 AM.
    Oct 7, 2011, 5:33 AM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #53

Fred,
    Thanks so much for this feedback bro. You were a great customer and FAR from being a pain in the *****. Every question you had for me was valid and so were your concerns about the international shipping, so no worries bro...I'm just glad that the powers that be got the package to you ok cause we all know those people can screw it up right? lol

On another related note, as a customer and a costumer myself, I absolutely hate it when you're dealing with someone online and after they get your money cease all communication with you. I believe in the exact opposite, ESPECIALLY when conducting an online transaction. Communication is key because that's the only way that person can stay in touch with you. When someone stops talking to me after they have my money that really makes me nervous and I know it's the same for everyone else.
    I want everyone to know that when you deal with me that will not happen and I swore that if I ever became a vendor I would not be like that because I know how it feels to be on the receiving end. I will be there every step of the way until you have the armor in your hands...in fact, as far as I'm concerned the transaction is not completed until you DO have the armor.

You're right though, Fred, about making all my customers feel like they're the only one I have AND the most important one that I have (in a way that's true). I may not have the best, most accurate armor, but it is very good quality and I try to make up for it in price and service cause that's the way I would want to be treated if I was buying from someone...that's all there is to it. Just treat people good and give them a good product at a great price and it always comes back around to you That's proven very true for me in this community.

I do have some plans to eventually start offering the greeblies for the gaunts and the darts for the knee kits but right now I'm still trying to work out some bugs...that's all I'll say for now till I'm ready to reveal how I'm going to be making them (you all might be pleasantly surprised )

For now, I've upgraded to the smooth/smooth plastic for all the black armor (as stated before a few posts ago) so that's another step up in the right direction I'll be posting up some pics of those pieces soon here, hopefully in a few days so stay tuned...more good stuff to come!
    Oct 7, 2011, 7:01 AM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #54

Still waiting on my knees. Hate buying things from the US for this reason! :P Luckily I have my helmet in a paintup and my blaster to build to keep me going. :P
    Oct 7, 2011, 9:10 AM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #55

You're going to like the knees--they will be worth waiting for. Be sure to check out RKD's youtube tutorial on assembling them and take your time and use consideration when trimming.
    Oct 7, 2011, 4:47 PM - #56

I am interested in your armor can I buy set by set or do you expect whole set
    Oct 7, 2011, 7:23 PM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #57

JayBox325 said: View Post
    Still waiting on my knees. Hate buying things from the US for this reason! :P Luckily I have my helmet in a paintup and my blaster to build to keep me going. :P
    Keep me posted on those brotha. It might take another week although from what pocus (Fred) told me is that a lot of times the shipment will be in the destination country already but often times gets held up in customs so you might even consider checking with them as it could possibly already be there. Unfortunately with USPS there's no option for tracking an international shipment and UPS and FedEx charges absurd amounts to ship stuff overseas (often times more than what the armor is worth).
    But so far I've had excellent success with all shipments and have not lost one yet (knock on wood).

Glad that tutorial worked out for you Fettered

@Fettistics - I offer full kits or piece by piece if you wish... so you don't have to buy the whole shebang at once if you can't afford it...it's the same price either way. I also do payment plans but all installments are non-refundable so please keep that in mind. Send me a pm if you're interested and we'll talk, sound good?
    Oct 7, 2011, 7:50 PM - #58

10-4 Pm sent
    Oct 8, 2011, 5:40 AM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #59

Replied! Thanks for the heads up buddy!
    Oct 14, 2011, 7:31 AM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #60

First post updated with the following pics....all armor is now made with smooth/smooth ABS plastic or bolataron. Some of the older pictures with the haircell texture were left in for measurement purposes only :

Oct 14, 2011, 3:17 PM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #61

Just assembling my knees now, and just wondering about the knee darts... I have some evolution aluminium knee darts. I was just thinking, when they're mounted do they angle out away from the knee or are they parallel with the side of the knee? Cheers
    Oct 14, 2011, 4:39 PM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #62

They should come out straight...parallel with the knee I guess (if I'm thinking the same thing as you). Here's some pics of my painted knees, hope that helps -

Oct 19, 2011, 8:29 AM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #63

Ok, cool. How do you drill them half way into the knees so they're flat? As I held the knee dart onto the flat panel and the panel is at an angle so it angled it away from the knee pad. I have some knee darts that have a bolt at the back...

in other news here is my painted knees:

294355_10150872788090578_775240577_21189414_1633154701_n-jpg
    301674_10150872786250578_775240577_21189410_1225964304_n-jpg

I haven't glued the knee dart sections on yet as they need to be drilled. Cheers
    Oct 19, 2011, 9:20 AM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #64

I drilled mine last week. Since you've already painted, be sure to mask off the area you will be drilling. Start with a small pilot hole centered where you want the dart launcher to ensure your larger bit doesn't walk. Then select a bit that is the same diameter as the dart you are working with. Simply hold the drill parallel with the side of the knee as you drill--add pressure somewhat slowly and make a clean hole. Because you are angling the bit in relation to the surface you are drilling into, the hole will be slightly oblong, which is what you are trying to achieve. You may need to do a very small amount of filing to get it just right, but you should be very close if not perfect with the drilling alone.
    Oct 19, 2011, 9:25 AM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #65

I know how to drill the hole, but then how does the knee dart stay in it once it's been drilled? As I have some Evolution props ones that have screws at the bottom.
    Oct 19, 2011, 10:31 AM - #66

Use a loctite
    Oct 19, 2011, 1:09 PM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #67

JayBox325 said: View Post
    I know how to drill the hole, but then how does the knee dart stay in it once it's been drilled? As I have some Evolution props ones that have screws at the bottom.
    Sorry, I misunderstood. You have a few options--adhesives, some type of mechanical connection or maybe magnets. With adhesives it is pretty self explanatory. For the other options you will need to mount some sort of bracket inside to either accept a screw or bolt or to hold onto a magnet. I would personally not go the magnet route for these pieces--they are a little too vulnerable to being knocked off, I think. Plus if you already have screw-type mounts why switch? I thought I saw a picture somewhere of a bracket mounted in one of RKD's knees, but I have no idea where that was.
    Oct 19, 2011, 2:16 PM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #68

Ok cheers guys. I'm assuming epoxy resin would hold the knee darts in that hole nice and snug?
    Oct 19, 2011, 4:46 PM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #69

Hi Jay,
    Take a look at how I did mine -

Hope that helps!!
    Oct 19, 2011, 9:10 PM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #70

So you made a bench effectively for the darts to screw & glue into? Smart... I'll see what I can do... I have no plastic left unfortunately as I ****ed up the gluing process of the plastic strips on the side pieces... haha. Whooops.
    Oct 20, 2011, 5:26 AM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #71

Yep that's pretty much exactly what I did
    Let me know if you need any extra strips of styrene or ABS, I can send you some I have tons of extra scrap always lying around..you'll probably just have to pay postage since you're so far away, otherwise if you were in the states I'd just send you some for free
    Oct 20, 2011, 6:48 AM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #72

redkraytdragon said: View Post
    Hi Jay,
    Take a look at how I did mine -
    That is the "bracket" photo I was thinking of. Figures it's the guy who made them!
    Oct 20, 2011, 7:33 AM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #73

Well, I haven't got the time to wait for them to arrive. I will probably just epoxy the darts to the hole I drilled, so they're tight in, but I might encase and cushion the rear with hot glue to strengthen it even more Cheers though! Do you like the paint up? I think I'm going to give them a thin once over with black spray paint.
    Oct 21, 2011, 4:38 PM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #74

Oh yeah..I didn't think about that lol. Perhaps you have a local plastic supply store around you that sells scraps or a hobby store that sells modeling plastics? Worth a shot anyway.
    Which paint up are you referring to? On the knees? I didn't see your pics anywhere...or am I just missing them?
    I did the black spray paint thing as well, works great! Just give it a light misting along with some tapping of the nozzle to give it a little splatter effect too
    Oct 22, 2011, 10:29 AM - Re: IOA ROTJ Fett Armor kits Version 2 - Now available #75

Haha, cheers mate. I have glued them in and I am going to encase the back of them in Car Body Filler which dries rock solid. (Y). The pictures of mine were linked up there ^. But here they are again, I'll be posting a photo later of them again, as this photo doesn't have the black misting or the knee darts...

294355_10150872788090578_775240577_21189414_163315 4701_n.jpg
    301674_10150872786250578_775240577_21189410_122596 4304_n.jpg