Rusty,Dirty,Filthy,Burnt Custom Mando*UPDATE*

Shoulder bells up next. Went with a base color called armor sand (oddly enough). The knee armor will be the same. I didn't want to make ALL the hard parts the same as the chest armor, thought it would be too much. Did a little less heavy rust and a little more "grimy" for the shoulders.
3604804439_3e45e980de.jpg

3605623914_55dbea13c8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wow that rust tutorial is amazing.. in case you didn't read the dozen-or-so posts on top of mine... :)

Thats really cool! Your rust effects are outstanding -and now we know
that mandalorian iron can rust lol. Im gonna have to remember to to pick up a can of rust check to go over my matte coat! Cudos on awesome plates!

hey bro are thinking of using the shoulder bells upsidedown. couse the one with the skull looks upsidedown, just curious by the whay that effect is kick asssssssssssss!:eek:(y):cheers(y)

hey bro are thinking of using the shoulder bells upsidedown. couse the one with the skull looks upsidedown, just curious by the whay that effect is kick asssssssssssss!:eek:(y):cheers(y)

Thank you and yes, they are both upsidedown. The guy I'm building for said he liked them better that way and thought it was.....unique. Really he is not very big and he thought it made his arms look bigger:D.

man that rust effect rules,

Every time I read a new thread I find something else to try out, definatly going to give this a try.

would love to create some kind of aquatic/ naval type suit with authentic rust.

man that rust effect rules,

Every time I read a new thread I find something else to try out, definatly going to give this a try.

would love to create some kind of aquatic/ naval type suit with authentic rust.

Good idea! I've been looking at this armor so much I find myself commenting on ACTUAL rust I see on everyday objects. "Oohh...look at that rust, and look at that. That's nice rust" I think I'm loosing it :confused.

i absolutely love this paint job. YOu've given a few idea should i ever want to makea custom job.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back