Rusty,Dirty,Filthy,Burnt Custom Mando*UPDATE*

butterbean

Active Hunter
Hey all! Im doing a custom Mando for a friend and thought I'd share some pics. The helmet started as a Sgt. Fang and it will finish as a "been around the block" Mando. I was going for a warrior that had seen his fair share of action and had alot of wet work. The lid has a binding post visor mount, counter sunk ears and magnet ear cap. It will have a BKBT alum. stalk and a hollow range finder ( I just got today...thank you Scott). Armor will follow so stay tuned. Comments and suggestions welcome.

3387968991_a2d3dffc6a.jpg

3481060023_261cb380dd.jpg

3481061379_8bf3bae86e.jpg

3481062845_6cf6e5640c.jpg

3481876098_9142050653.jpg

3481877328_409f615c7c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RBF

Well-Known Hunter
that rust looks really impressive. The thing actually looks like metal that's seen it's finest days over...

Don' t you wanna mist it a little bit? I mean it's rusty and weathered and tathered, but especially the doom strikes me still as a bit... clean.

It's just a thought.

dude, this is one of the more convincing customs I' ve seen.

Good job!!

butterbean

Active Hunter
Thanks everyone for your comments.

RBF- There actually is some weathering on the top of the dome, the sun just washed it out in the pics. I didn't want to put too much more on, I felt like I was getting carried away. I just didn't want to.....over do it.
I'm looking forward to getting started on the armor.

This gets the Lutso stamp of approval, for sure. Easily one of the best paint jobs I've ever seen. Realism to rival the movies.