RS Props Lineage Fett Helmet!

I received mine a few weeks ago, and it really is lovely. I wasn't expecting the stand, which is a nice touch.

One note about the metal ears. The hardware I received to attach the upper right RF ear to the helmet wasn't quite right. I simply received too many of the brass screws used to attach the other parts of the ears and not the longer screw used to attach the top of the RF ear. Easy fix. Messaged them and Andrea had a response and replacement on its way in no time.

I received mine a few weeks ago, and it really is lovely. I wasn't expecting the stand, which is a nice touch.

One note about the metal ears. The hardware I received to attach the upper right RF ear to the helmet wasn't quite right. I simply received too many of the brass screws used to attach the other parts of the ears and not the longer screw used to attach the top of the RF ear. Easy fix. Messaged them and Andrea had a response and replacement on its way in no time.

Take a picture and let's see. The hardware when I received my hero a few years ago was confusing at first too.

Well, the hardware lined up really well with what goes where on the helmet. The last screw I had left wasn't long enough to go through the top part of the ear cap and through the helmet to be secured on the other side. Lol

Well, the hardware lined up really well with what goes where on the helmet. The last screw I had left wasn't long enough to go through the top part of the ear cap and through the helmet to be secured on the other side. Lol
Do your have a camera?

I had to sand the area around the top screw in order to attach the top right ear.

Attachments

• F2B5E005-5759-4CFB-BDBA-213C2E86D745.jpeg
    F2B5E005-5759-4CFB-BDBA-213C2E86D745.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 205
I had to sand the area around the top screw in order to attach the top right ear.
How far down did you sand? That has been my problem to get that top screw to poke through the helmet.

That picture is where I'm at.

Attachments

• 20210124_115705.jpg
    20210124_115705.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 195
How far down did you sand? That has been my problem to get that top screw to poke through the helmet.

If you haven’t already make sure the ear sits flush on the ear platform. The moulding process left some rough lines on both the top and bottom of the right ear.

I used a Dremel tool to sand it down a little inside, just enough to get the nut on the top screw.

Last edited:
I did give the ear platforms a good, but gentle sanding. I know they'll never be truly flush due to the nature of the helmet, but I think I'll keep going on the route you suggested.

I ended up just replacing the screw for a longer one, didn’t want to remove material from the inside of the helmet. I might be wrong but looking at Rob’s tutorial, it seems he’s used a longer stainless screw instead of the brass one.

Has anyone received a kit so far this year? Andrea said in October that they would be shipping "straight after Halloween"... So one would assume they had them ready back then.

Not yet, but she told me “very soon”.
Ok.. keeping it vague. I did ask why others have already arrived with serial numbers higher than mine. Andrea said that they had prioritised those in the EU before brexit... Meanwhile I have seen a few made it to the US aswell... So no idea.

Patience, I know... Just frustrated I've missed out on my only window to get to work on it this painting season.

I ended up just replacing the screw for a longer one, didn’t want to remove material from the inside of the helmet. I might be wrong but looking at Rob’s tutorial, it seems he’s used a longer stainless screw instead of the brass one.
What screw did you end up replacing it with? I went back and looked at the videos again, and you're absolutely correct about him using a different screw.

What screw did you end up replacing it with? I went back and looked at the videos again, and you're absolutely correct about him using a different screw.
The supplied screws are imperial sized, so harder to get hold of- it seems the one’s RS supply are difficult to get in a longer size (possibly why they don’t give you one that is long enough to go through the helmet ear platform?).
In metric size, I got a M2.5 with 12mm length (M3 seems slightly too big).
One thing I did have to do was file the head of the bolt slighty (so it fits flush in the countersunk hole) as it caught on the range finder- only a couple of minutes with a file.

What’s the general turnaround time for in stock orders at RS? I’m not one of those “I need this delivered yesterday” people, I know how to wait I’m just genuinely curious as this is my first order from RS. (the metal Fett ears).

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back