General ROTJ costume build (conversion from SE)

Another correction in the bag. Just needs misting over with some black.
IMG-20200303-230203-01.jpg

Last edited:
I keep forgetting you switched from SE. a lot of the stuff you’re doing now is very much the standard ROTJ costume. Thankfully, most of which I’ve already incorporated into mine!

Do you have the colors/paints that you used to weather your Bobamaker suit? I'm really impressed as to how you got a really good ROTJ dirty grey/brown on top of the grey-blue Bobamaker cloth base. I'm interested in experiementing with my flight suit to get more of a dirty grey instead of grey-blue.

Do you have the colors/paints that you used to weather your Bobamaker suit? I'm really impressed as to how you got a really good ROTJ dirty grey/brown on top of the grey-blue Bobamaker cloth base. I'm interested in experiementing with my flight suit to get more of a dirty grey instead of grey-blue.

I sprayed light coats of brown and grey with rattlecans. Don't remember the brands and exact colors tho.

Greetings hunters! I hope everyone is doing well amidst the COVID-19 conditions in your respective regions. Personally, I'm grateful to be residing in my home country Singapore where the situation is efficiently contained. Aside from abiding to regulations that require us to wear masks, follow contact tracing procedures and being subjected to travel restrictions, life has been slowly resuming to varying levels of normalcy albeit with reasonable adjustments.

Anyway, I got a new helmet! After several troops and photoshoots, I realized my previous one was a tad too small for my build (it was an animefan) so I decided to get a Wasted Fett ROTJ kit and commissioned toofastrobot to paint it. It includes upgrades like MachineCraft metal ears, terminal fettler RF topper, visor clips from Sidewinder and dental files from 01Hawk

I think we can agree that Alex did an incredible job with this one. My only request was that he followed the period-correct Hero helmet references and not any of the exhibition ones.
20201207-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-helmet0479.jpg

20201207-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-helmet0475.jpg

20201207-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-helmet0509.jpg

20201207-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-helmet0501.jpg

20201207-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-helmet0514.jpg

20201207-ROTJ-Boba-Fett-helmet0463.jpg

Yesterday, on a whim, I decided to replicate the interior like what we see here...
full.jpg

I had gotten a 'vintage' motorcycle helmet a while back for the straps. It's not an exact match, but it's what I could find and afford. (photo from Ebay seller).
s-l400.jpg

Upon receiving it, I immediately ripped the straps out and cleaned them. They were filthy!
IMG-20210119-221431.jpg

This was literally a one-day build, and a pretty satisfying one at that.
IMG-20210127-095808.jpg

IMG-20210128-085017-01.jpg

I had merely wanted to replicate the processes that went into the interior, not necessarily 100% matching the aesthetics and parts. So you won't see the same colored epoxy or cement or whatever they used on the visor clips and perspex sheet covering the calculator board, the screws are probably completely different, the strap harnesses are different, etc.

The yellow foam is obviously missing here, and that's because I haven't found it yet. Hopefully soon.

To be continued...

Happy to see an update in the thread and see that you're doing well. Your pictures, documentation and attention to detail is a great resource! Helmet looks great!

Happy to see an update in the thread and see that you're doing well. Your pictures, documentation and attention to detail is a great resource! Helmet looks great!

Great Work "T"! Looks Very Nice!! TFR did a super job with the paint!
Looking forward to your continuation pictures!

Thank you gentlemen!

And it's finished!
IMG-20210128-121022-01.jpg

I have to say, aside from the perspex wedged against the base of my skull, it is surprisingly comfortable.

Last edited:
tennantlim
I can't believe that in all my time on here I NEVER noticed your ROTJ build! First off. What an outstanding job you've done on it! The attention to detail is top-notch. It looks like the approval process that you was endured was harsh, being sent back what looks like 2-3 times. Maybe I missed it, but are you in the 501st's Club House with your ROTJ Fett Hero?

With your attention to detail, it's no wonder you gave me such a hard time on my ROTJ WIP - hehehe! But I totally appreciated and welcomed your critique. As you know I wasn't going for the 501st, but still wanted something better than store bought or Rubies. And I think I've accomplished that with my investment of $4200 (and climbing). After I finished my Phase I, there were more than a few things that I really wanted to tweak after the fact to get it looking better. I won't go into any detail here as this is your WIP.
;)

But just wanted to congratulate you on a truly outstanding job you've done with yours. The pure detail alone is awe-inspiring. I did want to get something straight however. You mentioned earlier that....

#UPDATE 9 March 2019: It has been determined that the hero jetpack does NOT have a dental file, so I have since removed mine.

...and was curious what your source was on that? As the 501st STILL has it as an "Optional Level II" item.
501st CRL - ROTJ Hero - Jet Pack Dental File.jpg

...and was curious if your GML was dinging you on that or through some other means of investigation you found that it was NOT part of the ROTJ Hero JetPack. In your later pics, I seen that you did indeed remove it. Again, just curious.

Thanks,
-Matt W.

Last edited:
tennantlim
I can't believe that in all my time on here I NEVER noticed your ROTJ build! First off. What an outstanding job you've done on it! The attention to detail is top-notch. It looks like the approval process that you was endured was harsh, being sent back what looks like 2-3 times. Maybe I missed it, but are you in the 501st's Club House with your ROTJ Fett Hero?

With your attention to detail, it's no wonder you gave me such a hard time on my ROTJ WIP - hehehe! But I totally appreciated and welcomed your critique. As you know I wasn't going for the 501st, but still wanted something better than store bought or Rubies. And I think I've accomplished that with my investment of $4200 (and climbing). After I finished my Phase I, there were more than a few things that I really wanted to tweak after the fact to get it looking better. I won't go into any detail here as this is your WIP.
;)

But just wanted to congratulate you on a truly outstanding job you've done with your. The pure detail alone is awe-inspiring. I did want to get something straight however. You mentioned earlier that....

...and was curious what your source was on that? As the 501st STILL has it as an "Optional Level II" item.
View attachment 207149
...and was curious if your GML was dinging you on that or through some other means of investigation you found that it was NOT part of the ROTJ Hero JetPack. In your later pics, I seen that you did indeed remove it. Again, just curious.

Thanks,
-Matt W.

Hi Matt. Thank you for your kind words. I'm sure you must have realized by now the rabbit hole is black hole deep! As you can probably see from my recent posts, the costume is still very much evolving even after it had been approved in 2019.

Yes I am in the 501st Legion and in fact I am that CRL model.

See RafalFett 's reply regarding the absence of dental file on the jetpack.

My difficult submission process was mostly my own doing as I challenged myself to build the best version of this costume. Thankfully, I received A LOT of help from the community here and the BHG detachment, for which I will forever be grateful for.

All the best with your build man.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back