Remove paint

Karate Jedi

New Hunter
I have done a search and found nothing so I am calling on your wisdom.

I have a very nice fiberglass bucket that I want to repaint.

Do any of you know the best stuff to get the paint off with out harming the bucket?

hey, you can get something called "KWICK Marine" at ur local paint or hardware store. It will remove paint off of anything...but be sure not to get eh orange can...that might eat the fiberglass...ull need to use gloves cause it WILL burn ur skin. Get the blue can marked Marine...its for fiberglass

I used paint stripper on my old 96 DP & had nothing but problems. Anytime you use chemical disolvents to eat the paint off something, it leaves behind residue which seems to prevent new paint from sticking as well, at least thats been my experience. Not that it isn't a good way to go, just make dang shure you completely remove all the residue. (It can be kindof a sticky/gooey mess & it may take several applications to get all the paint completely off.) my advice would be to just sand the sucker down well & repaint. Doesnt matter if you have 1, 2, or even 3 coats of old paint on it, as long as you sand it smooth. just my 2 cents.:)
Damian

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back