Questions regarding printing WOF templates

TheAdmiral

New Hunter
Hi everyone,

I am currently looking to building a ROTJ Boba Fett helmet. However; I am running into problems with printing the WOF's templates. When I print the templates out using "Fit to paper" the templates are way too small. When I try and scale up the templates and print them I wind up losing parts of the drawings that are on the edges. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you fix it? Am I simply missing a step somewhere?

To clarify I am printing on 8.5 x 11" paper using the WOF's templates found here. I am opening the BobA_Fett_Helmet_Template_STD.pdf in Adobe Acrobat and printing from within Adobe. Finally I am using a Brother DCP-7065DN printer.

Thank you in advance!

Potentially your print settings are set to an incorrect paper size or weird margin settings. I'm assuming you've just tried a 100% or 'actual size' print too? I would think that would print it properly regardless of the paper setting.

You could also try an alternative PDF reader like SumatraPDF or Google Docs or something and see if that prints properly just to at the very least eliminate the possibility that it's an adobe setting.

Potentially your print settings are set to an incorrect paper size or weird margin settings. I'm assuming you've just tried a 100% or 'actual size' print too? I would think that would print it properly regardless of the paper setting.

You could also try an alternative PDF reader like SumatraPDF or Google Docs or something and see if that prints properly just to at the very least eliminate the possibility that it's an adobe setting.

I tried opening the .PDF in google and printing that way and it didn't help. I haven't tried SumatraPDF though.

Another thing, when I print the actual size Adobe thinks that the templates actual size is 20.1 x 26.3". Have you run into that at all?

If you're still struggling with this, try checking your print settings in the actual printer control panel too (when you click preferences or advanced settings in the windows print dialogue), aka the Brother interface, you could have a scaling setting applied there that's separate from the windows/adobe scaling settings. It really sounds like you have a phantom scaling setting, or potentially paper size setting, set somewhere messing things up.

I tried opening the .PDF in google and printing that way and it didn't help. I haven't tried SumatraPDF though.

Another thing, when I print the actual size Adobe thinks that the templates actual size is 20.1 x 26.3". Have you run into that at all?

If you're still struggling with this, try checking your print settings in the actual printer control panel too (when you click preferences or advanced settings in the windows print dialogue), aka the Brother interface, you could have a scaling setting applied there that's separate from the windows/adobe scaling settings. It really sounds like you have a phantom scaling setting, or potentially paper size setting, set somewhere messing things up.

Yeah, the US size file is at 200% scale, but you can try printing it at 50% size and not with the fit to page option. And as Grimstuff said, check your printer settings for the file size; my HP printer is set by default to LTR size, so I'll have to change it to A4 size to print the files correctly.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back